HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 26, 2018 at 3:44 PM Post #2,296 of 6,622
Hiby is well known in audiophile community which is a small community :wink: To appeal to a broader consumer audience, you need more social media exposure, exactly what crowdfunding campaign provides, like a free advertisement, if you think about it. The manufacturing of R6 started in parallel with a campaign, so they definitely didn't need money upfront to get the ball rolling. If I'm not mistaken, I think the limited first production batch already went for sale in China when IGG started. IGG/KS help to gain more exposure! The same way how crowdfunding going to spread the word about R3 being the smallest/cheapest touchscreen Tidal player with balanced output :D
Exactly. It's a marketing tool. I'm just not sure they need it.
When you have a good product, it will sell. No matter how fast but it will sell.
Besides, I don't think that anyone not into the ''audiophile market'' would buy a DAP, a dedicated music player todays that smartphones prevail.

Mar 26, 2018 at 5:36 PM Post #2,297 of 6,622
Slightly off topic, I have only been able to demo the Onkyo DPX1-A I use Focal Elear, AT-Mx50x, and Shure 846, to be honest I'm not that impressed with the sound, sonically it's very clean and crisp but lacks a lot of mid bass and sub bass even when using the balanced output with the ELEAR and Audio Techs (my AT have a balanced mod) I know both headphones can reproduce, I also use the sam cans with an decent headphone amp, actually I think my Onkyo TX-NR929 receiver sounds best I run it flat (pure audio) mode and with either headphone or IEM and it produces a very pleasing soundstage with plenty of mid bass and sub bass. Is it the Burr-Brown DAC my ear loves? It seems so much more pleasing to my ear than the Onkyo DPX Sabre DAC, I also have read the the AK Dacs that the DX150 and 2000 are a bit warmer than the Sabre models in which the DPX1 and Fiio X7MKii have, they are different models of Sabre dacs though, and I am unable to compare them.
I'm thinking about making the switch to R6, Fiio X7mkii, DX150 or DX200. Or anything in the 400-700 range.

I'm not to concerned about google play, although as a subscriber I have used it with the Onkyo, but whatever DAP I end up with will be used as for FLAC, Hi-Res, and DSD playback, I reserve my phone for Google Play Music and other streaming services and apps, I think my iPhone along with a Dragon Fly red is more than sufficient and ok sounding.

I guess I'm just looking for more punch, impact, and low end...

Any ideas or thoughts?

Mar 26, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #2,298 of 6,622
Slightly off topic, I have only been able to demo the Onkyo DPX1-A I use Focal Elear, AT-Mx50x, and Shure 846, to be honest I'm not that impressed with the sound, sonically it's very clean and crisp but lacks a lot of mid bass and sub bass even when using the balanced output.

I guess I'm just looking for more punch, impact, and low end...

Any ideas or thoughts?
My Focal Clear were a bit dry for my taste with the AK KANN, that sounds similar to what you are hearing with the R6.

Try Mage sound 8 Ball and/or changing the main filtering “color.”

Mar 26, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #2,299 of 6,622
My Focal Clear were a bit dry for my taste with the AK KANN, that sounds similar to what you are hearing with the R6.

Try Mage sound 8 Ball and/or changing the main filtering “color.”

I only have the Onkyo at the moment, I'm looking to switch it out...Hopefully with something with more punch and low end than the Onkyo, But I'm leaning towards the R6 or IBasso DX200, maybe the DX150. I'm just hoping for some user input.

I'm trying to achieve the same sound signature as my TxNR-929 at home but on the go. I'll mostly be using the Shure 846's and Audio Tech M50x's (balanced mod) headphones.

Mar 27, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #2,302 of 6,622
Just submitted the order on IGG, hopefully I'll receive mine before the end of April. Almost wanted to just go with the R3 which is available to order in 2.5 hours. Currently looking for a micro-sd card and waiting for the MITER case to come out.

Mar 27, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #2,303 of 6,622
Thanks for everybody's support, I'd just like to say I'm still here on this thread, doing lots of catcup reading after coming back from CanJam :popcorn:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 27, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #2,304 of 6,622
Hi all, had my HIBY R6 for about 2 months now. Was playing some music with my Noble Kaiser encore customs the other day and suddenly the volume jumped from 45 all the way to 100, is this a bug or mechanical fault ? With the volume at 100, is it possible to blow the drivers on the Kaiser encore? When i start playing music sometimes i get a thud sound too, is this normal ?

Dear RLJY,

Sorry for the late reply (was at CanJam) but can you detail any and all events you recall that occurred on the R6 / that you did with the R6 in the minutes leading up to the sudden volume jump? I haven't heard of this kind of thing ever happening to anyone else with the R6 but take this kind of problem dead seriously and don't even mind digging it up again here in public if it can help anyone reproduce / avoid this kind of problem.

I'm messaging you over both pm and here, you may choose to reply to either.

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 27, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #2,305 of 6,622
I just made a pledge on KickStarter for R3.
Is there a specific thread for R3?

Mar 27, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #2,308 of 6,622
Hi everyone,
Stupid question of the day. Been using Tidal and downloaded some music. Issue is it went to internal memory. When I got to the Tidal settings my SD card is not an option to store music in. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for any assistance you guys can share!
Screenshot_20180327-122606.png

This is a screenshot taken from Tidal on my R6. Hmm, I don't know why it isn't appearing as an option for you. Perhaps you started Tidal before inserting your SD card? (I did that just now and had to exit Tidal (and press the square Android menu button, show list of running / cached apps and swipe Tidal out of the list) and reopen it before the card came up as an option. If all else fails you could always restart the R6 with the card inside. Otherwise I would question whether your R6 is reading the card at all (not reading the card, now this problem did happen to a few backers, a problem we are stamping out in the new production line I think)

Mar 27, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #2,309 of 6,622
I'm assuming everyone has seen the newest update on indiegogo?

"
Dear backers,

Thank you for your continued support of our project, we would like to give you an update today

As of today, we have sent out all the orders (Orders made by 10th January) and their tracking numbers. We will ship out the remaining InDemand orders according to the purchase date. The next shipment is for orders made between late January and February.

We can’t thank you enough much for your patience, our team spares no effort to the production. If you encounter any problems with the R6, feel free to contact us at service@hiby.com!"

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #2,310 of 6,622
Friendly neighborhood guy having the problem with album art here! For a few weeks the Hiby music app has started automatically applying pictures for missing album art even though I have the setting turned off. Unfortunately the picture it applies is always incorrect because the album art finder never finds the correct image. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, I know all I've done in this thread is ramble about the issues I (and others) am having with the missing album art, but aside from that, my time with the R6 has been stellar. I absolutely love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back