HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 25, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #2,266 of 6,628
I don't have my R6 with me at the moment, but I seem to recall a different device name in the 'about device' settings and after a bit of research found it to be a mobile phone. Maybe the 2000mAh figures are the from the donor device that the R6 was built around, while actually having a 4000mAh battery inside. That is a possibility.

Mar 25, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #2,267 of 6,628
Sorry but, how would you format the SD card to function in the manner you've described?

I've never used an Android before, and am eagerly awaiting the R6! Thank you!
You have to format the card in the android device (the R6 in your case) that will use it as extended internal memory. The first time you put it in the device, android ( 6 or later) will propose to format the card, giving you 2 options : format for fixed internal memory (that's the one you have to select), or format for a switchable microSD card (between different devices).
If you want to trigger the formatting by yourself, you usually have to look in android settings > storage > select your SD card and look for 'format'

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #2,268 of 6,628
Not that I know this is the case but those apps often identify the hardware they're on and look for the closest Phone model for that set up in order to ''identify'/guess at what exact battery should be in the device.

I've had that happen when I've replaced the original battery on phones with ones that have up to triple the standard capacity for the phone.

For example I replaced the battery on my Note3 with a 10,000mAh one from Zerolemon, but the apps still saw it as ~3,000mAh original.

That sounds like a likely scenario for this device. The use time with DSD and flac is damn long. 2000 just does not seem right and the screen is big and bright and that kills battery too

Mar 25, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #2,269 of 6,628
Talking about battery capacity, i have the dp x1 with me which has a much lower battery capacity. However i can get 12hrs on balanced mode and can only get 8hr plus on the r6. I keep my screen off all the way, even though both dap has diff specs, but with 4k mah cant that worst.

Mar 25, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #2,270 of 6,628
Not that I know this is the case but those apps often identify the hardware they're on and look for the closest Phone model for that set up in order to ''identify'/guess at what exact battery should be in the device.

I've had that happen when I've replaced the original battery on phones with ones that have up to triple the standard capacity for the phone.

For example I replaced the battery on my Note3 with a 10,000mAh one from Zerolemon, but the apps still saw it as ~3,000mAh original.
I think it should be this case.
Hope...

Mar 25, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #2,271 of 6,628
Actually R6 has nearly 4200mAh, but we just promised that 4000mAh as an assuring value. So there must have something wrong with the testing apps.

For Onkyo DP-X1, it’s only have 75+75mW for single end and 150mW+150mW for balanced output, about half of the power output of R6. So you can’t compare it directly. For another example, May be SONY’s DAP will get more than 40 hours if it has a battery at 4000mAh.

Mar 26, 2018 at 12:10 AM Post #2,272 of 6,628
To battery-gate or aida-gate, that is the question!

Mar 26, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #2,276 of 6,628
Haha you dont know who he is?

Usually Head Fi prefers people who work for companies to declare themselves via M.O.T (The site decides on the need to tag the avatar with such if it deems it necessary)
It is actually a serious rule so if he does work for Hiby he needs to let the site know so comments that he makes can be put into context of a rep/agent or otherwise for said company.

If folks are found to be hyping or discrediting (he is not doing that) other manufacturers while being a member of the trade and influencing unknowing readers of the site without the site knowing their true status they get banned.

It's to protect the sites readers and the sponsors from getting torpedoed by a rival or any other conflict of interest issues that could arise.

Regarding the battery,

The reports on the X7II, AP200 are also not matching. The X7II is the only one that matches 1 of 2 apps. The AP200 is reported as 6,700 mAh by both apps and that...is crazy

I believe it when he says it is 4,200 mAh....he should also let the site know he works for Hiby just to be safe

Mar 26, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #2,278 of 6,628
Hey guys, backer number #731 for SS version here, just got my shipping notification today! Can't wait for it to arrive. :D

20171207_151513.jpg

The Stainless is the shiiii

Very very nice :)

Mar 26, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #2,280 of 6,628
Check again. Take a screenshot of the results and post here and you will get an answer :wink:

I just checked the 3 reviews from Hiby facebook that I saw.

Congrats..

You just did what they are supposed to do. Add me to that group and the rush and thrill to check benchmarks because of 3 gigs of RAM....and I missed this.

I apologize

One paying customer with a need to know...the truth, worth any 4 reviewers any day of the week.

Again,
My apologies.

It's standby time is exceptional and it lasts me 9 hours with DSD and Flac but that is not what was advertised.
4,000mAh was

That app is as inaccurate as F
It bases info on what android has, which doesn't make my ap200 6000mah
DSC_1364.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back