HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 3, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #1,996 of 6,622
Looking at packages available. What are hibby seeds iems like?

Mar 3, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #2,000 of 6,622
Does the coax out cable that came with the player allow bypassing of the Hiby’s internal DAC? (In other words, can I use the Hiby’s coax cable as an input to my McIntosh D1100 DAC/preamp?)

Thanks.

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #2,001 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs
I've had an issue where using the line out will permanently affect the players sound and volume of the headphone outs until it goes through a reboot. I'm hoping that this issue may be resolved via a future software update. As it currently stands this is just an inconvenience, but it makes the device's headphone outs sound awful and the volume gets significantly quieter.

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #2,002 of 6,622
Does the coax out cable that came with the player allow bypassing of the Hiby’s internal DAC? (In other words, can I use the Hiby’s coax cable as an input to my McIntosh D1100 DAC/preamp?)

Thanks.
Coax out is a digital signal. The Mcintosh will then turn those zeros and ones into audible waves. In other words yes.

Mar 3, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #2,003 of 6,622
@Joe Bloggs
I've had an issue where using the line out will permanently affect the players sound and volume of the headphone outs until it goes through a reboot. I'm hoping that this issue may be resolved via a future software update. As it currently stands this is just an inconvenience, but it makes the device's headphone outs sound awful and the volume gets significantly quieter.

This is the only problem I've had with my player and like you said, it's a minor inconvenience.

Mar 4, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #2,007 of 6,622
Whats the latest order number to be received???? waiting on SS #774 in the UK

Keep refreshing those emails eh? :p I'm the same and I'm on 808 in the uk. I think it's the not knowing that kills rather than the wait itself!

Mar 4, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #2,008 of 6,622
I don't think I used the @Joe Bloggs before and maybe he didn't see my post.
But, if Hiby ever wants to create a new model, swap out the processor for the latest snapdragon, add a sim tray, and make the screen 5.5+ inches, they could easily charge whatever price they need to to make themselves happy as well as us consumers. They'd essentially have what the LGV30 should have been. I'm sure some people would want a camera, but honestly, even if Hiby shipped it without a camera at all, it'd still be worth it to me.
If they ever partner with a phone manufacturer, I want that update asap lol.

Sorry to piggy back on this discussion. If there is a single ask for Hiby and other Chinese DAP vendors, it will be to open source the android and associated software. I tend to feel that in most cases, their hardware are excellent, but their software is unbelievable ****.

Mar 4, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #2,009 of 6,622
We do plan such an update :)

What about the embedded artwork or something like folder.jpg (that you put in the same folder as the tracks of the album)? Do these come up as options?

I think the technical right solution is to use properly support metadata in the individual audio file.
I felt that it might not be a good assumption not to assume there is a separate art file for individual audio track.
ID3 tags today should be fairly well documented.

Mar 4, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #2,010 of 6,622
I think the technical right solution is to use properly support metadata in the individual audio file.
I felt that it might not be a good assumption not to assume there is a separate art file for individual audio track.
ID3 tags today should be fairly well documented.
Or maybe an option in the settings to choose between artwork from metadata or by parsing folder.jpg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back