HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 2, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #1,982 of 6,622
We do plan such an update :)

What about the embedded artwork or something like folder.jpg (that you put in the same folder as the tracks of the album)? Do these come up as options?
It doesn't come up for tracks that are having this issue. But it does come up as a selected option (a check mark in the bottom right corner of the artwork) for tracks that properly display the artwork in affected albums.

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #1,985 of 6,622
Got my beautiful balanced cable from Null Audio today. Now just need the DAP to arrive. The wait is torture... but I'm #700+, so it's gonna be a while. :)

If it's any consolation I'm 808. They do seem to be ramping up sending them out so hopefully it won't be too much longer!

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #1,986 of 6,622
Hello @Joe Bloggs

Is there going to be an update of the USB DAC driver to fix the audio latency ?

Thank you.

If you have the driver installed on Windows, there should be an options panel in your notifications tray within which you can adjust various options that affect speed vs quality (well, not exactly affecting quality except that the audio may glitch out totally if the latency is too low). The minimum latency may be further reducible in a software update.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 2, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #1,987 of 6,622
If you have the driver installed on Windows, there should be an options panel in your notifications tray within which you can adjust various options that affect speed vs quality (well, not exactly affecting quality except that the audio may glitch out totally if the latency is too low). The minimum latency may be further reducible in a software update.

I'm already using the option with the lowest latency but there is still a significant amount of delay.

I'll wait for the update.

Thank you.

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #1,988 of 6,622
I do agree that these bugs should be fixed. On the other hand...

Don't say "On the other hand"
makes us (well me) think that fixing album art issues is not really a priority. :smile:

I would be (along with many others) would have been happy with a
"I do agree these bugs should be fixed, watch for an update within next few weeks"

@Joe Bloggs I don't think any of us expect instant fixes, just acknowledgement and a time table for fixes. This would eliminate frustration and senseless workarounds that could be fixed with software updates.
:beerchug:

Mar 3, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #1,990 of 6,622
I do agree that these bugs should be fixed. On the other hand, we did also spend much work on the DTA architecture to make sure that many streaming music apps and a whole slew of offline android music player apps can play bit perfect from the R6. The HiByMusic app comes preloaded on the R6 but unlike on other players it enjoys no exclusive sonic privileges* compared to other player apps--you can load Poweramp, Neutron, BlackPlayer, foobar2000, pretty much any offline music player you prefer and they should all sound as good as HiByMusic :) And I hate to admit it, but I would say that some of these apps have our app and will have our app beat for a long time in terms of features and UI :sweat_smile: So it is a great thing that you can use all these apps on the R6 without compromising on sound quality...

Joe - I appreciate your answer. Others have mentioned that some of us sound too aggressive. I hope I did not come through as aggressive. I do believe that HiBy Music player is a key app in a DAP, and was (still am) hoping for a fix :wink:

As for Poweramp, Neutron, BlackPlayer, foobar2000 or any other music player - can ANYONE please share their experience and recommendations?

Mar 3, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #1,991 of 6,622
If I order one of these tonight, roughly how long until I have It? I live in the uk

Mar 3, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #1,993 of 6,622
So I didn't realize my office has 5ghz wifi. Switched it to 5ghz and sure enough, no RF noise at all. It's pretty much pure silence when songs are buffering. Problem solved I guess? @Joe Bloggs , do you know why 2.4 has issues but the 5ghz is fine?

2.4GHz is a very congested bandwidth, many other electronics also utilize 2.4GHz band, such as bluetooth and even microwave...
5GHz is not only faster but also much less crowded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back