HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Mar 1, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #1,966 of 6,622
This is an Android DAP. There are many album art and I'd tag editors eor AndtoiA that can help remedy this issue
The fact that the SAME folder works perfectly on other DAPs (including FiiO X5III which is also Android based) - means HiBy has some software bug with their music player app on the R6.
So... instead of us looking for work-arounds - HiBy should look for a software fix of the problem. Hopefully, everyone (including @Joe Bloggs ) is in agreement :wink:
We are all early adopters, and understand the product is not perfect yet. Work-arounds are OK for the short term, but not as a long-term / permanent solution!

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #1,967 of 6,622
The fact that the SAME folder works perfectly on other DAPs (including FiiO X5III which is also Android based) - means HiBy has some software bug with their music player app on the R6.
So... instead of us looking for work-arounds - HiBy should look for a software fix of the problem. Hopefully, everyone (including @Joe Bloggs ) is in agreement :wink:
We are all early adopters, and understand the product is not perfect yet. Work-arounds are OK for the short term, but not as a long-term / permanent solution!
I agree with this. Not only does my Fiio X1 II display these artworks, but other players (like Poweramp) on the R6 will display them too. This ONLY happens with the first track on these albums, which causes the Hiby Music app not to display the artwork as a thumbnail when browsing albums.

I tried using a tag editor app called AutoTagger to tag the artwork on some of the songs but it still didn't work

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #1,969 of 6,622
To the people with album art issues :

Have you included album art in every file, or do you have a separate cover.jpg/folder.jpg in your album folder?
In my case - the latter. cover.jpg in the same folder.

Mar 2, 2018 at 3:21 AM Post #1,971 of 6,622
That's a shame, as I've been redoing all my albums with the cover.jpg as a separate file instead of embedded (decreasing filesize in the process) in advance of receiving my R6. Hope Hiby can fix it soon.

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #1,973 of 6,622
For me also same problems as equalizer and m8ball not working with tidal , but when i play from internal memory and tweaked sound with m8bal sounds music superb, but with out tweaking it sound sometimes analytical, maybe in future it will be update and can manage to do this but i dont think so... :frowning2:

We do plan such an update :)

The picker almost never finds the correct artwork. Just an assortment of random pictures.

What about the embedded artwork or something like folder.jpg (that you put in the same folder as the tracks of the album)? Do these come up as options?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 2, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #1,974 of 6,622
So... instead of us looking for work-arounds - HiBy should look for a software fix of the problem.

Exactly.

someone should send JOE a zipped up album to recreate the problem, but I'm guessing they can do that themselves. I'm actually very surprised they haven't acknowledged the same issue. Anyway, I have faith @Joe Bloggs will come through on this.

Sidenote: @Joe Bloggs I'm impressed on how you have handled customers complaints and somewhat "aggressive" tone (I'm guilty of that). I own a software company myself and deal with bugs and complaints on our forum as well, and it's an easy route to respond like an a**hole but you don't. I myself, don't, I have my team fix bugs and never take things personally, it's only business. so good for you!

Mar 2, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #1,976 of 6,622

I do agree that these bugs should be fixed. On the other hand, we did also spend much work on the DTA architecture to make sure that many streaming music apps and a whole slew of offline android music player apps can play bit perfect from the R6. The HiByMusic app comes preloaded on the R6 but unlike on other players it enjoys no exclusive sonic privileges* compared to other player apps--you can load Poweramp, Neutron, BlackPlayer, foobar2000, pretty much any offline music player you prefer and they should all sound as good as HiByMusic :) And I hate to admit it, but I would say that some of these apps have our app and will have our app beat for a long time in terms of features and UI :sweat_smile: So it is a great thing that you can use all these apps on the R6 without compromising on sound quality...

*Well, MSEB is pretty exclusive at the moment but not because of any firmware architectural issues... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 2, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #1,979 of 6,622
Sorry if already answered but will Spotify work on this dap?

Mar 2, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #1,980 of 6,622
Yes it works, some people complain about WIFI interference, especially when using 2.4 GHz WIFI networks. 5 GHz WIFI is supposed to mitigate the issue. I have no problem with it myself but have not yet bothered to look at which frequency my R6 connects to my network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back