HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 20, 2018 at 2:53 AM Post #1,636 of 6,622
Great insight, I was initially looking into the FH1 and then thought I just want an IEM with the best clarity etc. I have the EX800st if I want BASS.

How do you find vocals on the F9P bro? Im pretty much looking at getting these and the Hifiman Sundara for my home headphone.

The F9P will be for my rock playlist and artists such as ben howard, james bay, ed sheeran etc. Acoustic and vocal type music. Think the IEM is good for that?

Im loving the R6, zero regrets with it
I haven't listened to any music with vocals yet but I just added ELO to my playlists and will give it a listen tomorrow. I'll be able to get a better sense of the vocals after listening to them, the Moody Blues, ol' Pink Floyd, and Alan Parsons (and Dire Straits). I'm sorry, I don't have any music with female vocalists yet so won't be able to comment on that.

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

*EDIT* - On the X7 II, the F9 Pros sounded just fine with vocals. I don't think that will really change.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #1,638 of 6,622
It is a stunner. The SS version is just art...it was fun taking pics because it is so damn sexy. I'm glad you like it. Finally a droid based DAP that sounds killer and moves like lightning.

Glad i got mine back finally :)
So do you have any idea when these guys at Miter might be releasing a leathercase for the r6 ?

I checked them out when you said you were asked to send over your r6 for them to make a leathercase and it looks like wonderfull quality.

Feb 20, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #1,639 of 6,622
I'm already confused by screen protectors because two are in the box, but also two are already applied to front and back of R6.
They are spares

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 20, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #1,640 of 6,622
So do you have any idea when these guys at Miter might be releasing a leathercase for the r6 ?

I checked them out when you said you were asked to send over your r6 for them to make a leathercase and it looks like wonderfull quality.

I would expect them to have it ready in a couple weeks. It feels very nice. I like the kickstand. Easy to use.

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #1,643 of 6,622

Miter state early April/late March.

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #1,644 of 6,622
20180221_001157_001.jpg

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #1,646 of 6,622
Quick couple questions regarding the high 10 Ohm headphone impedance:
1. I have CIEMs (5 drivers) on order. Would take a while to arrive, but when it does - how do I test whether or not they're affected by the high impedance? Would (if affected) music sound weird / off, or should I look for something specific (too much / too little bass, too much / too little something else, etc.)?
2. What about the 2.5mm balanced? I will probably order extra balanced cable (CIEMs come with 3.5mm SE) and wonder whether the balanced is also affected by high impedance or is it a SE (3.5mm) only?

Thanks.

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #1,647 of 6,622
1. I have CIEMs (5 drivers) on order. Would take a while to arrive, but when it does - how do I test whether or not they're affected by the high impedance? Would (if affected) music sound weird / off, or should I look for something specific (too much / too little bass, too much / too little something else, etc.)?
2. What about the 2.5mm balanced? I will probably order extra balanced cable (CIEMs come with 3.5mm SE) and wonder whether the balanced is also affected by high impedance or is it a SE (3.5mm) only?

Thanks.

Just my first impressions so far: I am using flc8s (11 ohm - 1DD+2BA)) with the R6 and have not experienced any negative influence in sound compared to driving them with QP1R (very low OI). Yesterday I did receive the balanced cable for the flc8s and was impressed by the sound quality. Please consider that I received my R6 only some days ago and testing was only for a couple of hours.

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #1,648 of 6,622

Thanks.

Both the balanced and unbalanced would/could be affected. Simply listen and compare to another source with a much lower OI.
My 5 driver Andromedas can lose much of the bass as the impedance raises.

Sometimes the change can be desirable, I actually like the effect from my iPhone at just under 5ohms- ymmv:)

Feb 20, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #1,649 of 6,622
Both the balanced and unbalanced would/could be affected. Simply listen and compare to another source with a much lower OI.
My 5 driver Andromedas can lose much of the bass as the impedance raises.

Sometimes the change can be desirable, I actually like the effect from my iPhone at just under 5ohms- ymmv:)

Do you have iEMatch? It should restore the sound of Andromeda when used with R6.

Feb 20, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #1,650 of 6,622

Thanks.
The output impedance changes the frequency response of earphones with non-flat impedance response.
1. Technically, the sound influence of the 10 ohm OI follows the voltage division rule. To calculate the implications you need the impedance response curve of the earphones.
Let Z1 be the impedance of the earphones at 1kHz and Zf be the impedance at a given other frequency in question.
Without going into proof, the difference in dB between the response at frequency f and the response at 1kHz caused by 10 ohms of OI (taking the frequency response from a 0 ohm OI source as the reference) is
10 * log {[Zf(Z1+10)/Z1(Zf+10)]^2}
If you can't visualize that, let's just simply say that the frequency response change introduced by the OI follows the shape of the impedance curve of the earphones, i.e. high impedance frequencies are emphasized while low impedance frequencies are de-emphasized.

2. If you don't have the impedance response curve, the above meticulous equation is meaningless to you. How do the earphones sound to you? If you have 0-ohm sources to compare, by all means do a comparison. There are all kinds of impedance curves to all kinds of earphones, some start off unbalaced at 0 ohms OI and become more balanced at 10 ohms, some vice-versa. There's also the delicate question of what sounds balanced to your ears in the first place?

3. IEMatch / EarBuddy lowers the OI of the R6.

4. MSEB allows you to shape the sound beyond the one track offered by output impedance tuning.

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back