HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Feb 19, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #1,607 of 6,628
SS#78 arrrived this morning. All I can say is, wow! It looks stunning, just like @Hawaiibadboy photos portrayed. Build quality is exceptional...no sharp edges, everything just looks and feels right. It’s heavy (makes me think of Boris from Snatch...”heavy is good!”)...probably appears heavier because of its small footprint too.

Four long years since I stupidly bought a ZX1 sight unseen and hated it from the first minute, I finally have a fast pure Android DAP with enough power to drive a pair of T51p with control and no amp.

Setup was quick and easy. R6 read an existing sd quickly (30 seconds for 64gb maybe?) with zero errors.

Congrats @Joe Bloggs on a great achievement for a small company (or any size company!)

Feb 19, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #1,608 of 6,628
Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #1,609 of 6,628
SS#78 arrrived this morning. All I can say is, wow! It looks stunning, just like @Hawaiibadboy photos portrayed. Build quality is exceptional...no sharp edges, everything just looks and feels right. It’s heavy (makes me think of Boris from Snatch...”heavy is good!”)...probably appears heavier because of its small footprint too.

Four long years since I stupidly bought a ZX1 sight unseen and hated it from the first minute, I finally have a fast pure Android DAP with enough power to drive a pair of T51p with control and no amp.

Setup was quick and easy. R6 read an existing sd quickly (30 seconds for 64gb maybe?) with zero errors.

Congrats @Joe Bloggs on a great achievement for a small company (or any size company!)

It is a stunner. The SS version is just art...it was fun taking pics because it is so damn sexy. I'm glad you like it. Finally a droid based DAP that sounds killer and moves like lightning.

Glad i got mine back finally :)

Feb 19, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #1,611 of 6,628
Hi Joe, correct me if I’m wrong, if using 3.5 mini for LO, the signal will be in analogue while using LO/Coaxial cable provided by Hiby, the signal will be in digital, right???
Yes... And...? :thinking:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 19, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #1,614 of 6,628
Thanks Joe! I just want to make sure before damaging my R6...lol

By the way, Joe, can you advise me whether R6 volume should set max and control through external amp or otherwise?

Never turn the last volume control connected to the speaker amp to max... Lol

Turn the R6 to near max. It doesn't have to be AT max, in case you want volume control at both locations whichever is more convenient

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 19, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #1,615 of 6,628
My black alu R6 finally arrived today. Damn, this is one sexy looking DAP. And quick too. Makes X5-3 looks like an ancient technology. I did not have much time to play with it yet but seems like R6 paired really well with FiiO FH1.

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:04 AM Post #1,616 of 6,628
Both are great, only sonic diff might be a bigger sense of impact in the bass region and that could be related to the impedance of gear but until I get some fibae which I will get I cannot say for sure....yet

Nice, thanks. I guess I'll stick with my M20 a while longer and see what HiBy has coming next.

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #1,617 of 6,628
20180219_225936_001.jpg
20180219_225649.jpg

Feb 19, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #1,618 of 6,628
Both are great, only sonic diff might be a bigger sense of impact in the bass region and that could be related to the impedance of gear but until I get some fibae which I will get I cannot say for sure....yet
So, does the R6 carry an analogue-like house sound similar to that of Burr-Brown chips? I'm under the impression the AR-M2 features a Burr-Borwn DAC.
Would love to help but a bit of a noob and don't think I could give you a professional opinion. The X5iii is great but the R6 overall experience is way better in all aspects.
I don't doubt the R6 is better from a user's experience persepctive. I just wanted a sound comparison between these 2 but it's all fine if you feel you can't do such thing. This is much preferrable than offering false impressions. :wink:

I am a bit confused as others find it leaning on the warmer side and others rather analytical.
Thus I'm more leaning towards waiting for the R6 to hit the market when more reviews come up than going for it now. I wouldn't want to deviate much from the musical signature of my X5iii which is smooth, forgiving and at the same time fun.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back