HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Dec 5, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #4,861 of 6,628
I have my R6 a few days now and tried them with my BGVP DM6's, my Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10's and my TinAudio T2's so far and I have to say the T2's are a great combination.
(The TF10's pair great with my Sony NW-A35 but there I use a 2nd set of T2's now too).

The T2's are ideal for me; neutral with a very wide soundstage (no, the soundfield plugin is off).
Listening to Ozric Tentacles is pure tripping!
If anyone knows IEMs that have the same sound signature and soundstage as the T2's but are a good step up I'm very interested.
So you want to give money away for the same sound from another iem ?

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #4,862 of 6,628
I have my R6 a few days now and tried them with my BGVP DM6's, my Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10's and my TinAudio T2's so far and I have to say the T2's are a great combination.
(The TF10's pair great with my Sony NW-A35 but there I use a 2nd set of T2's now too).

The T2's are ideal for me; neutral with a very wide soundstage (no, the soundfield plugin is off).
Listening to Ozric Tentacles is pure tripping!
If anyone knows IEMs that have the same sound signature and soundstage as the T2's but are a good step up I'm very interested.
Ozric Tentacles for the win!
I am a bit put off by the fact that the r6 only plays well with samsung cards. Does anyone know if this problem/ quirk is going to be rectified on the pro?

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #4,863 of 6,628
So you want to give money away for the same sound from another iem ?
Please read my post : "as the T2's BUT ARE A GOOD STEP UP"

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #4,864 of 6,628
I am a bit put off by the fact that the r6 only plays well with samsung cards. Does anyone know if this problem/ quirk is going to be rectified on the pro?
I wouldn't draw that conclusion.
All good A-brand cards should work just fine.

You didn't took my previous answer to your post serious did you? :wink:
>> "Yes. Samsung is the new sponsor of Hiby haven't you heard?
>> All other cards will generate errors like crazy now."

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #4,865 of 6,628
Think they were joking about only working with Samsung cards. I didnt use samsung card and ot worked well

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #4,866 of 6,628
I wouldn't draw that conclusion.
All good A-brand cards should work just fine.

You didn't took my previous answer to your post serious did you?
>> "Yes. Samsung is the new sponsor of Hiby haven't you heard?
>> All other cards will generate errors like crazy now."
lol its not just your answer actually on which i based this conclusion. I read a few people have problems with Sandisk cards and such.
So i am a bit sceptical... and as for Samsung sponsoring.. who knows in todays capitalistic world! :D

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #4,867 of 6,628
Think they were joking about only working with Samsung cards. I didnt use samsung card and ot worked well
I read a few other onwers having the same problem too so i was just curious. Btw has any news of R6 Pro hit the HK streets?

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #4,868 of 6,628
I read a few other onwers having the same problem too so i was just curious. Btw has any news of R6 Pro hit the HK streets?
The shop Hiby deals with told me to keep my eyes open. Ha weird reply.

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #4,869 of 6,628
The shop Hiby deals with told me to keep my eyes open. Ha weird reply.
Thanks Boris... do let me know if you see anything please.

Dec 5, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #4,871 of 6,628
Dec 5, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #4,872 of 6,628
Hopefully the Pro version has better wifi strength because the regular R6 has terrible wifi strength.
That I can wholeheartedly agree on.
Terrible indeed!
I'm at work and the "Public" WiFi network we have here is strong on both my phone and my tablet but most of the time the Hiby doesn't even detect it and when it does it disconnects within 1 minute.
At home it's only a little better but then the router is 50cm away.
Bad design on that part.

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #4,873 of 6,628
Still having trouble with my new SD card and the playlists, files are all in the same directory as the old card (copied over directly), but when the hiby mounts the card it gives it a specific location.

If you look at the folder view in hiby music, it gives a xxxx-xxxx location to the card (in my case 3434-3231 for the old card and 7434-7231 for the new), which changes with a new card. Anyone know how to edit this? I think being able to edit that would fix the issue, but I've not found a way to do so in hiby music or elsewhere.

Dec 5, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #4,874 of 6,628
Still having trouble with my new SD card and the playlists, files are all in the same directory as the old card (copied over directly), but when the hiby mounts the card it gives it a specific location.

If you look at the folder view in hiby music, it gives a xxxx-xxxx location to the card (in my case 3434-3231 for the old card and 7434-7231 for the new), which changes with a new card. Anyone know how to edit this? I think being able to edit that would fix the issue, but I've not found a way to do so in hiby music or elsewhere.
I reckon you have to change the path to relative path?

Dec 5, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #4,875 of 6,628
I reckon you have to change the path to relative path?
Yeah. I edited the card name on my windows pc to be exactly the same, but it looks like the hiby mounts it at a specific location for the device itself.

Not sure how to change that local path to be identical or if it can be done. Not sure using something like clonezilla or acronis would do this either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back