HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
Aug 22, 2018 at 4:41 AM Post #4,216 of 6,628
It can hiss with certain sensitive IEMs, haven't tried it with DN1K

To be honest, you're really unlikely to hear it while listening to music, unless you listen really quiet. I mention this for really sensitive people, or quiet listeners, but in practice, hiss was never an issue for me really
There is no hiss at all, my ciem is 8 ohm with 126 sensitivity. :d 10 ohm out put impedance make the sound a little bit different then u need something like iematch to lower the impedance

Aug 22, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #4,217 of 6,628
Are you sure or there are your thoughts?
Of course IMO.

It's like customize +/- gain a group of frequency bands for various sound zones eg. Vocal, bass etc.

Aug 22, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #4,218 of 6,628
Anyone use the R6 with Shure SE846? I believe their impedance is rated from 1-9ohms (from what I've gathered on the inner webs)

I also will be using a set of Focal Elear (80ohm) and Audeze iSine 20 (24ohm)

Any thoughts about sound signature would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking at the Hiby R6 and iBasso DX150

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #4,219 of 6,628
Been searching through this thread for a bit and it's been a while since my last post.

Ive only ever streamed tidal with my R6, I have never used the sound enhancement feature mage 8 ball I think it's called? Isit now possible for me to use this feature with tidal offline?

Thanks

Aug 22, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #4,221 of 6,628
tried to listen to a dsd track via my chord mojo using the coaxial but cant get it to output as native dsd.pcm is the only option to listen to dsd tracks via coaxial with the chord mojo.has this been mentioned before? is it a bug?

I have the same setup. The Mojo, through coaxial, has less DSD bitrate support versus usb. If the DSD bitrate is too high for the Mojo, it'll either not play, play with static, or it'll down sample to something else.

If you DSD file is actually supported through coaxial and still not playing: Are you using the Hiby app or something else? There's settings where you can change what the app does for DSD (DSD native, DSD to PCM, or DSD over PCM). Might just have to choose the right settings.

Aug 26, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #4,223 of 6,628
Is there a way or would it be possible to add in firmware if not, a way to switch the forward and reverse buttons? To me, holding the R6 in the hand, hitting the top button feels more natural as the forward button. Other players I've had have been that way and that's what I'm used to.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #4,224 of 6,628
Hoping you guys may be able to answer? I currently use a AK70-MKII , and for IEM'S I have the new Fiio FH5, and some CampfireAudio Polaris. I was looking at new DAP's and was thinking of the Hiby R6, but Im very confused with the balanced power output. The AK70-MKII states 4.0vrms, and the Hiby R6 states 300mW (RMS) at 32ohm. I have no clue now these compare, does one have a much higher output? I mainly use the balances 2.5mm jack, but never really go to to 100% volume on the AK70-MKII. Just wondering if the Hiby will be a good match for my IEM's, as their DAP looks very appealing, great OS, very good EQ, large battery, USB C quick charging. Sorry for the noob question, just not sure how to compare Vrms to rms

Aug 27, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #4,225 of 6,628
Hoping you guys may be able to answer? I currently use a AK70-MKII , and for IEM'S I have the new Fiio FH5, and some CampfireAudio Polaris. I was looking at new DAP's and was thinking of the Hiby R6, but Im very confused with the balanced power output. The AK70-MKII states 4.0vrms, and the Hiby R6 states 300mW (RMS) at 32ohm. I have no clue now these compare, does one have a much higher output? I mainly use the balances 2.5mm jack, but never really go to to 100% volume on the AK70-MKII. Just wondering if the Hiby will be a good match for my IEM's, as their DAP looks very appealing, great OS, very good EQ, large battery, USB C quick charging. Sorry for the noob question, just not sure how to compare Vrms to rms
Use power formula: P = VI = V^2/R
Vrms= sqrt(300mW*32) = 3.1 Vrms

Aug 27, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #4,227 of 6,628
Longtime lerker and new member/first post!

About to take delivery on an R6 and wanted to see if anyone had solution - maybe I missed it but have been searching and not found much.

Currently I am using a windows machine to a mytec dac+, I am going to replace the PC with the R6 and use it as a transport out to the mytec. I want to be able to stream from my NAS like I do on my PC. I downloaded Hibymusic to my android to play with it to try to get more familiar with it before the R6 arrives but have not figured it out.

I can browse to the NAS and drill down to a particular file/song, but is there anyway to add the music from the nas into the database for Hibymusic? IE, when you scan for music, does it only use the local file system/no way to add music from a network connection into the database. Ideally I would like to be able to use the R6 like I do the PC (Jriver) where I can just go to artist, etc, and be oblivious that it is on the NAS. Am I missing something on the Hibymusic app, or is this functionality just not supported?

if not supported, what is the methods that others are using? I looked into the samba client, but those don't mount the share as a local drive, so don't think it would help Hibymusic. I see other apps like Sambamusic, btu was hoping to stay with Hibymusic due to all of the its neat futures..

Ideas?

Thank you!

Aug 28, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #4,228 of 6,628
Dear erpguru,

Unfortunately the NAS experience on HiByMusic cannot yet be as seamless as you wish it to be. We'll try to improve it in the future :sweat_smile:

In other news HiBy is holding a giveaway on facebook.com/hibycom ! Check it out :D

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Aug 28, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #4,229 of 6,628
I'm having a problem with my R6. *edit* ok, maybe I'm not. I always thought if you pan all the way to the left or right channel, the opposite channel would be completely shut off. I guess not? I think I'm ok now. Is there an app or another way to play out of only the left or right channel though?

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #4,230 of 6,628
I believe the pan pot of the Poweramp app does what you want.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back