HIBY R6 - DAP Dual DAC Balanced Out - Great Reviews and Over 500% Funded @ Indiegogo!
May 25, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #3,412 of 6,622
I'm too embarrassed to say.. Actually, I couldn't get it to fit in the tray and stupidly put it in to see if maybe I could slide the tray in afterward... I know, pretty lame.

What is a GSM shop?

(I'm really new)

GSM shop is where you go to get a screen protector applied, or where you go to repair your smartphone, change display, etc.

Why don't you buy antistatic tweezer(s) ?

This kind : https://www.amazon.com/Precision-An...-Jewelry-making-Laboratory/dp/B019SLLOMY?th=1
From China it costs peanuts : https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-antistatic-tweezer.html

(a GSM shop is a shop where they sell cellular phones/smartphones)

Those are good, but you can still physically bend or break the pins inside if you're not careful, this is why I didn't suggest it.

Funny stuff that they are so afforable in there...

Thanks, just did that... So... I'm wondering on why the card (SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UDS-1) wouldn't comfortably fit in the tray and just slide in??

It fits in the tray pretty comfortably, like any other device I had. The margin of error is pretty smol, so maybe you need to fiddle a bit with it, but microSD cards should never go without their trays. The major thing there is that the tray doesn't need the microSD to sit in it, you just place it there, it should sit flush, then you carefully slide it in. It is not supposed to stick to the tray, this is how all smartphones work (?)

May 25, 2018 at 9:33 AM Post #3,414 of 6,622
still having issues after trying what's been advised with album art (hiby version 1.3.2) - not all album covers are showing in the album section and none are showing on my linked smartphone via hibylink -version on my smartphone is 3.0 international version

May 25, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #3,417 of 6,622
Hi folks I am very interested by hiby and been following this from beginning. Can some owners of hiby r6 confirm that it works well with spotify and tidal in offline mode? I also intend to use it as a dap only to get bit perfect out put via usb to my hdv 820/ hd800s. I need that bit perfect.

May 25, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #3,418 of 6,622
Yes! I see some 'triangles' under my screen as well!

Yes, I have the triangle at the bottom but not the top. Doesn't affect touch screen operation, and not visible once artwork is displayed so not fussed. Bit more fussed about the wifi though. Not expecting blazing fast speeds, but do expect it to stay connected when everything else does on the network. Before Joe asks for a wifi analyser screen shot there isn't much point as when it is connected it's fine. It's just staying connected that's the issue.

May 25, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #3,420 of 6,622
Hi folks I am very interested by hiby and been following this from beginning. Can some owners of hiby r6 confirm that it works well with spotify and tidal in offline mode? I also intend to use it as a dap only to get bit perfect out put via usb to my hdv 820/ hd800s. I need that bit perfect.

I answreed this a few posts above, yes it should work just fine with Tidal offline files, just doesn't have DSP while doing that, so no EQ. Bit perfect in Tidal should work very fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back