HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Jun 22, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #1,801 of 1,971
I had a similar situation. What I needed to do was a full reset in Android recovery mode.

These were steps given to me by MusicTeck. They worked and the device is still running normally now.

While the device is powered on:
1. Press Power button and select Restart
2. When Restart starts, Press and hold the Skip Prev button (above Play button)

You will enter the screensaver for recovery mode, which looks like an Android lying on its back with its chest open, with the words "No command" underneath.

To enter Android Recovery mode:
1. Press and hold the power button
2. While holding the power button, press the Skip Prev button once again.

In there, use Volume wheel to navigate and power button to select. Run the following:
1. Wipe data/factory reset
Thanks for the detailed instructions, I tried resetting a few times but only the full wipe resolved all my issues. Cheers from a fellow Brooklynite.

Jun 27, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #1,802 of 1,971
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in pulling the trigger on this DAP, but saw that the manual recommends using it 20cm away from the body to avoid high static and interference, which makes no sense for a portable device.

Has anyone had any issues regarding this?

EDIT: My bad, I misread. It's a warning to reduce human body radio frequency exposure. I've heard people complaining about static and interference on this device anyway. Is this something recurrent?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #1,805 of 1,971
My bad, I misread. It's a warning to reduce human body radio frequency exposure. I've heard people complaining about static and interference on this device anyway. Is this something recurrent?

Mine is pretty sensitive to my iPhone. I typically make sure it’s a few feet away. Clearly the R6 isn’t as shielded as some audio devices, but I’ve never heard of it receiving interference from a person’s body.

Jun 27, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #1,806 of 1,971
I've had zero issues

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #1,808 of 1,971
Same for me. No problem at all. Even with my phone near it

Jun 28, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #1,809 of 1,971
Thanks for the detailed instructions, I tried resetting a few times but only the full wipe resolved all my issues. Cheers from a fellow Brooklynite.
please how? Hello fam...
Big problem with my hiby r6 2020....
no sound comes out of the dap, on tidal the seconds are accelerated but no sound is produced...when I insert my SD card, the dap restarts on its own....I tried debugging with the start button + track up without result....
then I tried to reboot android and put the dap back in "factory mode" but the same problems persist... I don't know what to do, please help me!😭😭😭

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #1,810 of 1,971
please how? Hello fam...
Big problem with my hiby r6 2020....
no sound comes out of the dap, on tidal the seconds are accelerated but no sound is produced...when I insert my SD card, the dap restarts on its own....I tried debugging with the start button + track up without result....
then I tried to reboot android and put the dap back in "factory mode" but the same problems persist... I don't know what to do, please help me!😭😭😭
Please see the instructions quoted below, these worked for me and I hope they do for you. Good luck.
I had a similar situation. What I needed to do was a full reset in Android recovery mode.

These were steps given to me by MusicTeck. They worked and the device is still running normally now.

While the device is powered on:
1. Press Power button and select Restart
2. When Restart starts, Press and hold the Skip Prev button (above Play button)

You will enter the screensaver for recovery mode, which looks like an Android lying on its back with its chest open, with the words "No command" underneath.

To enter Android Recovery mode:
1. Press and hold the power button
2. While holding the power button, press the Skip Prev button once again.

In there, use Volume wheel to navigate and power button to select. Run the following:
1. Wipe data/factory reset

Jul 9, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #1,811 of 1,971
Just curious I find the leather case fairly bulky and hard to adjust the volume wheel, is the TPU case any better? Thanks in advance with any feedback please.

Jul 9, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #1,812 of 1,971
Just curious I find the leather case fairly bulky and hard to adjust the volume wheel, is the TPU case any better? Thanks in advance with any feedback please.

No, the TPU is so much worse that once you try it you’ll wonder why you were complaining about the leather one in the first place. It’s significantly bulkier and obstructs the volume wheel even more.

I really wish HiBy made a better case for it.

Jul 9, 2022 at 7:11 PM Post #1,813 of 1,971
No, the TPU is so much worse that once you try it you’ll wonder why you were complaining about the leather one in the first place. It’s significantly bulkier and obstructs the volume wheel even more.

I really wish HiBy made a better case for it.
Damn I can't find any cases other than the leather one or TPU too bad I had a half case on my Sony NW-A105 and loved it.

Jul 10, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #1,814 of 1,971
Damn I can't find any cases other than the leather one or TPU too bad I had a half case on my Sony NW-A105 and loved it.
I use the TPU one and I'm happy with it...since it's not pricy maybe you should try it

Jul 10, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #1,815 of 1,971
I use the TPU one and I'm happy with it...since it's not pricy maybe you should try it
Great point thank you I believe I will. Cheers J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back