HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
May 6, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #1,307 of 1,971
Just plugging in to the LO port is all you need to do. The R6 2020 will recognize that you're using the LO port and adjust accordingly. This is a big relief for me versus the R3 where I had to change the settings to LO each time.
The best part of this is that you don't have the adjust the gain levels when you switch from line out to phone out thereby removing the possibility of blowing out your ears by forgetting to reduce the gain from 100% to your normal listening level. It adjusts automatically.

May 6, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #1,309 of 1,971
Yes, just keep the volume at 100 when using LO. The LO and headphone jacks both have separate volume levels, and the R6 will automatically adjust to the correct volume depending on which one you're using.
Great, going to try the R6 tonight with the C9 and WA8.

I think I need to let it burn in some because out of the box I didn't notice it sounding better than the DX160. I'm trying to settle on a small DAP that I can keep in my pocket that will also pair well with an external amp for those situations.

May 6, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #1,310 of 1,971
The best part of this is that you don't have the adjust the gain levels when you switch from line out to phone out thereby removing the possibility of blowing out your ears by forgetting to reduce the gain from 100% to your normal listening level. It adjusts automatically.
This will be very nice indeed. Twice I have made that misstep with the SP2000 and C9 and it is jarring and painful for the second it takes to rip the earphones off.

May 13, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #1,311 of 1,971
I've discovered there is a small area in my living room where my R6 picks up a radio station or something, I can hear voices playing quietly in the background. Moving it about a foot in any direction out of this area or covering it with my hand causes the voices to go away.

May 13, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #1,312 of 1,971
I've discovered there is a small area in my living room where my R6 picks up a radio station or something, I can hear voices playing quietly in the background. Moving it about a foot in any direction out of this area or covering it with my hand causes the voices to go away.
That can happen with a lot of things. The interference even from dimmer lights with speakers is a real pain.

May 13, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #1,313 of 1,971
1620950516564.png

May 14, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #1,314 of 1,971
I use 500 x 500 pixels (DPI 300) JPG file for album art. I wonder if I use a bigger PNG file with 1500 x 1500 pixels would make it looks clearer with details or will I slow down the loading of the art files?

(my album art is not embedded in music file but it is an independent file name as Folder.jpg in a music album)

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #1,317 of 1,971
Got my 2020 R6 yesterday. The backplate is not assembled properly.

Musicteck as always is replacing the unit promptly . What a great company to do business with.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Mine isn't like that but that is some poor QC. Hope you can get a replacement without a hassle. It's otherwise a wonderful DAP.

May 14, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #1,318 of 1,971
I use 500 x 500 pixels (DPI 300) JPG file for album art. I wonder if I use a bigger PNG file with 1500 x 1500 pixels would make it looks clearer with details or will I slow down the loading of the art files?

(my album art is not embedded in music file but it is an independent file name as Folder.jpg in a music album)
The lossless PNG is much better than the lossy JPG. But it has disadvantages: many PNG album cover arts requires much more space in your SD card.
I recommend use JPG image files but use DPI 600 resolution and use "Sharpen" effect and HSV stretch and Contrast stretch. The album covers will be more detailed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back