HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Oct 4, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #1,563 of 1,971
Is there a way to swap the position of the back button in the navigation bar?
Someone said we need to factory reset the player to get it in the right place.
Now that I'm learning to use my first android dap, I'm just leaving the back button to the right and one day I'll do it.

Oct 4, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #1,564 of 1,971
I know it's a question for the music apps developers... but maybe you can help me.
I listen a lot of classical, and when I choose an album for example there's
- tracks n. 1 to 4 for the first concert
- tracks n. 5 to 8 for the second piece
- etc etc

Is there any way I can set the music app (Apple Music or Hiby) to start play the first track and then to automatically stop at the end of the 4th track without compiling a playlist? So that I can only listen to the first classic piece without starting the second?
It's always bad to enjoy the composition until the last notes and then have to wake up from your pleasure to stop the new track that has started and has nothing to do with the music before!
I would love something like "play up to track x" or "stop after track x"...

Oct 6, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #1,565 of 1,971
I know it's a question for the music apps developers... but maybe you can help me.
- etc etc

Is there any way I can set the music app (Apple Music or Hiby) to start play the first track and then to automatically stop at the end of the 4th track without compiling a playlist? So that I can only listen to the first classic piece without starting the second?
It's always bad to enjoy the composition until the last notes and then have to wake up from your pleasure to stop the new track that has started and has nothing to do with the music before!
I know you're saying you want to do this without compiling a playlist, but it sounds to me like this is exactly what playlists are for.

Oct 6, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #1,566 of 1,971
I know you're saying you want to do this without compiling a playlist, but it sounds to me like this is exactly what playlists are for.
:)
Yes, it is true...
But personally I have always associated the playlist with a more heterogeneous set of songs, with jumps in different albums or between different artists, who maybe have in common the genre or the atmosphere.
With this idea in mind it seems "strange" to me to have to create a playlist for 3/4/5 songs that are in sequence within the same album and that normally form a single composition.
Then I must say that some old players that I had, in playlist mode created a "gap" between the songs in sequence ... which in classical music can be annoying.
Anyway ... I think you're right and I'm too fussy! :beerchug:

Oct 7, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #1,567 of 1,971
Hey all,

Got an early bonus and buying my end game gear (within reason--not spending several thousand on any one item). Just purchased Hifiman HE6SE v2 from Adorama for $600, and an IFI go blu, and now trying to find a used Sony IER Z1R or Mest Mk ii, and a DAP. Wondering about m15 vs r6 2020 vs r8. Anyone had all 3 to compare? Currently have regular m11, but I want something with a bit more ooph and battery life. Trying to find uses versions of any of the 3, but I want whatever is the best as far as sound goes.

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #1,568 of 1,971
- etc etc

Maybe if you set them up as different albums / discs according to the tags?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 13, 2021 at 8:07 AM Post #1,569 of 1,971
My R6 2020 was working great up until last night. I tried to turn it on and it is dead. :frowning2: I tried charging it by itself and plugging it in to a computer. It will not turn on. Please help if any of you have suggestions. I will be in touch with MusicTeck as soon as they open.

Oct 13, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #1,570 of 1,971
My R6 2020 was working great up until last night. I tried to turn it on and it is dead. :frowning2: I tried charging it by itself and plugging it in to a computer. It will not turn on. Please help if any of you have suggestions. I will be in touch with MusicTeck as soon as they open.

When plugged into computer, did you leave it on for awhile? And the same with a charger, did you leave it on for an hour or two? Did you press and hold power button for 20-30sec?

Oct 15, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #1,572 of 1,971
UPDATE: I did everything humanly possible to get the R6 to turn on and nothing worked. I got in touch with Andrew at MusicTeck and sent it to him yesterday. He said he would try his best to send me a replacement once he receives the device. Very bummed out that it died, but grateful that it was within the warranty period.

Oct 18, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #1,573 of 1,971
So I've liked using a specific settings and player UAPP out of the unbalanced output. I finally found a balanced setting I liked as much/prefer for IEMs. Hiby player, slow min phase filter and low (debateable) gain. If I want it a bit rounder for a file that needs help, I can always use friendlier/warmer med gain. Gain seems to affect damping so likely controlled by feedback.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back