HiBy R6 2020 User Impressions
Sep 23, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #1,546 of 1,971
Do you have volume all the way up on R6 2020? Did you go into Bluetooth setting and enabled LDAC for WH2 connection? How about getting their Hiby Blue companion app to tweak the sound and controls in there?
I have the same issue volume on WH2 not loud when turned up to full on R6 2020 ( that said it isn’t on R6 pro either) and Bluetooth connection poor when any distance away from both devices. Bluetooth on iPhone X much beter but volume still not loud , so think this is a WH2 problem not a R6 2020

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #1,548 of 1,971
I have the same issue volume on WH2 not loud when turned up to full on R6 2020 ( that said it isn’t on R6 pro either) and Bluetooth connection poor when any distance away from both devices. Bluetooth on iPhone X much beter but volume still not loud , so think this is a WH2 problem not a R6 2020

I might have to try it with R6 2020. I personally find many today's daps not fully optimized for TWS. And why would you use a dap for that anyway? DAPs are designed to give you an upgraded sound over your smartphone, with a better DAC, more powerful AMP, juicier caps, and no social media updates and other wasted resources on processes running in the background :wink: TWS are designed and optimized for use with your smartphone. I use WH2 daily with my Galaxy phone to get the full LDAC experience.

Sep 25, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #1,549 of 1,971
I might have to try it with R6 2020. I personally find many today's daps not fully optimized for TWS. And why would you use a dap for that anyway? DAPs are designed to give you an upgraded sound over your smartphone, with a better DAC, more powerful AMP, juicier caps, and no social media updates and other wasted resources on processes running in the background :wink: TWS are designed and optimized for use with your smartphone. I use WH2 daily with my Galaxy phone to get the full LDAC experience.
Agreed, I bought the WH2's to use with my iphone, but took to tinkering with the WH2's with my R6 2020 as the Hiby Blue IOS app doesn't have full functionality with the WH2's at the moment, only the android. (Hiby inform me thats is not far away)

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #1,551 of 1,971
Hello to everyone!
just received my (second hand - brand new) R6.2020 :ksc75smile:
I want to do a factory reset and reading the “manual” they speak about pressing “power + volume up” buttons toghether... but which is the “vol up” switch???
Sorry: first time I put my hands on Android...

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #1,552 of 1,971
Hello to everyone!
just received my (second hand - brand new) R6.2020 :ksc75smile:
I want to do a factory reset and reading the “manual” they speak about pressing “power + volume up” buttons toghether... but which is the “vol up” switch???
Sorry: first time I put my hands on Android...
Just do a Factory Reset via Settings -> System -> Reset Options -> Erase all data (factory reset). :)

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1,553 of 1,971
Just do a Factory Reset via Settings -> System -> Reset Options -> Erase all data (factory reset). :)
Thank you!
I though there were some “low level“ settings to reset following that suggestive “hardware“ procedure...

Sep 28, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #1,554 of 1,971
Thank you!
I though there were some “low level“ settings to reset following that suggestive “hardware“ procedure...

Maybe you are referring to factory reset from Android Recovery? Here are the instructions I got from Musicteck:

While the device is powered on:
1. Press Power button and select Restart
2. When Restart starts, Press and hold the Skip Prev button (above Play button)

You will enter the screensaver for recovery mode, which looks like an Android lying on its back with its chest open, with the words "No command" underneath.

To enter Android Recovery mode:
1. Press and hold the power button
2. While holding the power button, press the Skip Prev button once again.

In there, use Volume wheel to navigate and power button to select. Run the following:
1. Wipe data/factory reset

Sep 28, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #1,555 of 1,971
Maybe you are referring to factory reset from Android Recovery? Here are the instructions I got from Musicteck:

While the device is powered on:
1. Press Power button and select Restart
2. When Restart starts, Press and hold the Skip Prev button (above Play button)

You will enter the screensaver for recovery mode, which looks like an Android lying on its back with its chest open, with the words "No command" underneath.

To enter Android Recovery mode:
1. Press and hold the power button
2. While holding the power button, press the Skip Prev button once again.

In there, use Volume wheel to navigate and power button to select. Run the following:
1. Wipe data/factory reset

There's no difference in either method, it's the same result (wiping the data partition). Recovery is there if you can't boot normally.

Sep 29, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #1,556 of 1,971
Thank you all :thumbsup:
I did it and now I'm trying to install Apple Music...

Oct 1, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #1,558 of 1,971
Hi guys. I have a issue with my DAP. I've switched it off and then the diode light up. When I try to switch it on again nothings happens. Do you have any idea?
Some times ago someone got it working again leaving it “charging” for hours to the computer (slow) usb port, to exit from a kind of protection... maybe you can try this.

Oct 1, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #1,559 of 1,971
Hi guys. I have a issue with my DAP. I've switched it off and then the diode light up. When I try to switch it on again nothings happens. Do you have any idea?

Try pressing and holding the power button for a really long time, like one minute or so. This should force a shutdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back