HiBy R5 Gen 2 - Class A headamp, Dual ES9219C, 35h playtime, MQA 16x, open Android
Jan 19, 2024 at 11:26 PM Post #1,036 of 1,076
Hi Joe/All

Has this been sorted out for the native Tidal App? I’ve an R5 gen2 on the way and my primary use would be for Tidal. The majority of the time I’d offline (Download) the files I want to play so I don’t think I could use the Hiby App for this?
No, you can’t use hiby tidal service in offline mode.

Feb 3, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #1,037 of 1,076
@Joe Bloggs or any dev who's potentially here:

Can you please put a Recently Added music file list option to the official Hiby music app for this device, like the feature seen in the Hiby R3 iterations? That would make this device perfect for me, since I discover and add new songs to my player all the time. And I'm certainly sure I'm not alone in wanting this feature. :)

Lovely device by the way. I own several IEMs like the original 7HZ Timeless, Aful Performance 5, the original S12, the Hexa, Crinacle Zeros (Blue+ Red), 7HZ Zeros (the $20 cheapies: I And II), but the balanced S12 Pro trumps them all. The headphones themselves are almost end game for me, almost. :ksc75smile:

I haven't tried the class a amp on the S12 Pros yet, but surprisingly, I prefer the regular sound mode on the R5 with most of my IEMs, since I think treble and detail retrieval takes a slight hit with the class a amp. I do know I'll get roasted for this though. Lol. Not to mention the battery life itself takes a massive hit. But hey, everyone should trust their own ears and are entitled to their own opinions.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #1,039 of 1,076
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 4, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #1,040 of 1,076
@Joe Bloggs or any dev who's potentially here:

Can you please put a Recently Added music file list option to the official Hiby music app for this device, like the feature seen in the Hiby R3 iterations? That would make this device perfect for me, since I discover and add new songs to my player all the time. And I'm certainly sure I'm not alone in wanting this feature. :)

Lovely device by the way. I own several IEMs like the original 7HZ Timeless, Aful Performance 5, the original S12, the Hexa, Crinacle Zeros (Blue+ Red), 7HZ Zeros (the $20 cheapies: I And II), but the balanced S12 Pro trumps them all. The headphones themselves are almost end game for me, almost. :ksc75smile:

I haven't tried the class a amp on the S12 Pros yet, but surprisingly, I prefer the regular sound mode on the R5 with most of my IEMs, since I think treble and detail retrieval takes a slight hit with the class a amp. I do know I'll get roasted for this though. Lol. Not to mention the battery life itself takes a massive hit. But hey, everyone should trust their own ears and are entitled to their own opinions.
The Recently list is grouped with Favourite and Playlist, on the second top-level tab from the left (aside from the menu tab)?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 5, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #1,041 of 1,076
The Recently list is grouped with Favourite and Playlist, on the second top-level tab from the left (aside from the menu tab)?
Recently tab for me just shows the recently played list and not the newest songs added to the card. Unless I missed it?

Feb 9, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #1,042 of 1,076
Recently tab for me just shows the recently played list and not the newest songs added to the card. Unless I missed it?
According to the info I've been given, for now it populates with tracks on your device, that you have added to the device, *since your last music scan*. You may try adding music to the device without doing a scan afterwards and see if the added tracks appear there?

Feb 21, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #1,043 of 1,076
Hello everyone, I'm about to get this DAP. I wanted to know if the updates continue to work via OTA or do you have to add them manually, if so, where can they be downloaded from on the hiby.com page, there is only the log but not the file and not instructions.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2024 at 1:45 PM Post #1,044 of 1,076
Hello everyone, I'm about to get this DAP. I wanted to know if the updates continue to work via OTA or do you have to add them manually, if so, where can they be downloaded from on the hiby.com page, there is only the log but not the file and not instructions.
The updates can be checked and installed via the device under system menu.

A long as you're connected to Wi-Fi.

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #1,045 of 1,076
The updates can be checked and installed via the device under system menu.

A long as you're connected to Wi-Fi.

I have an Orange PI running Pi-hole to block ad and spam websites on my network. I had to disable Pi-hole in order for my R5ii to get to the update server. I didn't have to do this for my RS6. It must be using a different server. Hiby doesn't provide FW download links on their website for Android based players, but they do put some of them on Google Drive somewhere. @Joe Bloggs has posted links in some of the Hiby threads I follow. If you can't get OTA to work, then ping Joe and see if he can send you a link.

Feb 21, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #1,046 of 1,076
Great, I will try OTA first and if I have any problems I will send a message to @Joe Bloggs if I have any problems with the update, in a couple of weeks I estimate I will have it.
I'll tell you my impressions.

Feb 26, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #1,047 of 1,076
Loving this blue duo.

A6505920 (2).JPG

Mar 12, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #1,048 of 1,076
Well, I finally received my Hiby R5 II, but I am not very happy with the purchase.

Apart from a constant flickering and some streaks on the home screen, I have problems with the playback of MQA files on Tidal, I have done the latest update but it has not solved these problems, the songs are heard with background noise, continuous cuts and sparks .

Impossible to use, I hope it is a matter of an update. @Joe Bloggs

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #1,049 of 1,076
Well, I finally received my Hiby R5 II, but I am not very happy with the purchase.

Apart from a constant flickering and some streaks on the home screen, I have problems with the playback of MQA files on Tidal, I have done the latest update but it has not solved these problems, the songs are heard with background noise, continuous cuts and sparks .

Impossible to use, I hope it is a matter of an update. @Joe Bloggs
I had the R3 Pro and broke it 6 months ago. Bought this and I am very happy. Haven't had your issues. But I haven't used it for streaming.

Mar 13, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #1,050 of 1,076
Good morning, I leave you screenshots of what the screen does in some applications, it doesn't always do it, the highlight is when I open the hiby music application.

Could it be a firmware problem too? @Joe Bloggs

IMG_20240312_202840.jpg
IMG_20240312_222014.jpg
IMG_20240312_222407.jpg
IMG_20240312_222409.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back