Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Apr 6, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #376 of 2,070
Looks like the only available cases are these nowadays:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

I have some spare plastic clips like that. PM me if you're interested
Many thanks. Might take you up on this offer if I get the player. I am trying to decide which small-ish player to go for. Ideally I would like something a bit more powerful than Shanling M0 or Fiio M5 with better battery life but still small enough to take it for an occasional workout/run. And it looks like R3 Pro ticks most of the boxes apart from the clip case but those cases you linked to might actually be good enough to glue a clip to them providing they are plastic.

Apr 6, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #378 of 2,070
Thanks bud. I am not sure as I haven't got one yet. :wink: And just noticed you are from UK as well so it would be quite easy to arrange the shipping. Sweet.

Do you know how long it takes to get the player shipped to EU/UK?

pretty sure you should get a clear plastic case with it.
I got mine direct during the pre order. Took under 10 days to arrive.

Apr 6, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #379 of 2,070
pretty sure you should get a clear plastic case with it.
I got mine direct during the pre order. Took under 10 days to arrive.
Great. I thought that was an extra accessory. 10 days sounds quite quick actually. Do you remember what courier company they used? Did you have to pay VAT and customs fees?

Also, did you notice any connectivity issues? I've read there have been some bt problems and was wondering if that was something serious or maybe even fixed with the FW updates.

Apr 6, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #380 of 2,070
Great. I thought that was an extra accessory. 10 days sounds quite quick actually. Do you remember what courier company they used? Did you have to pay VAT and customs fees?

Also, did you notice any connectivity issues? I've read there have been some bt problems and was wondering if that was something serious or maybe even fixed with the FW updates.

Customs was fine for me. Couldn’t tell you which courier was used.

I have issues with my laptop. It was awful at first, but that was due to driver issues in windows. After update it was passable but there is next to no range. This is with SBC.

Totally different story with my phone. I can walk around my apartment no problems!

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #381 of 2,070
Just a quick check. According to the specification the player doesn't support aptX ll (Low Latency) codec at the moment. Is it something that could be implemented in the future FW updates or is the chip not compatible with the codec altogether?

And a couple more questions. Since I can get Fiio M6 a bit cheaper and locally (would be nice to have some local warranty support just in case) how does it compare to the R3 Pro in terms of output power, sound quality, WiFi streaming and also using them as a USB DAC for a PC/laptop?
Also, out of curiosity, what about Shanling M0 vs R3Pro? I know it's not fair comparison and I have pretty much ruled out M0 but I am just being curious.

Many thanks.

Apr 12, 2020 at 10:26 AM Post #382 of 2,070
Sold my R3 some time ago and missed it terribly. Just saw a note that R3 Pro is available again, so I just purchased one and can't wait for the delivery...will have to see how it compares with the M2X I use for being out and about.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #383 of 2,070
Just a quick check. According to the specification the player doesn't support aptX ll (Low Latency) codec at the moment. Is it something that could be implemented in the future FW updates or is the chip not compatible with the codec altogether?

And a couple more questions. Since I can get Fiio M6 a bit cheaper and locally (would be nice to have some local warranty support just in case) how does it compare to the R3 Pro in terms of output power, sound quality, WiFi streaming and also using them as a USB DAC for a PC/laptop?
Also, out of curiosity, what about Shanling M0 vs R3Pro? I know it's not fair comparison and I have pretty much ruled out M0 but I am just being curious.

Many thanks.
I don't know if aptX LL can be added in software but wouldn't hold my breath for it even if it is possible...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 13, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #384 of 2,070
Sold my R3 some time ago and missed it terribly. Just saw a note that R3 Pro is available again, so I just purchased one and can't wait for the delivery...will have to see how it compares with the M2X I use for being out and about.
This is the comparison that I've been most interested in, been waiting to pull the trigger on the Pro, what headphones or iems are you planning to pair with it?

Apr 13, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #385 of 2,070
This is the comparison that I've been most interested in, been waiting to pull the trigger on the Pro, what headphones or iems are you planning to pair with it?

I'll run it through my typical rotation of IEMs (Oriveti OH500, BGVP DMG, DMS, TFZ Queen, IT03) and then see how it holds up to stuff like the Meze 99 Noir and HD6XX and NightOwl.

Apr 15, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #387 of 2,070
Id like to know UK customs costs too, and delivery time if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back