Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Mar 16, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #346 of 2,070
So still having issues connecting to my DAC. I bought a USB-C OTG cable connected to an Audioquest USB cable (coincidentally my only fairly nice audio cable) and still no luck getting anything from the R3 to my DAC.

Am I missing something obvious?
Have you tried the above but with a regular printer cable instead of the Audioquest?

Is there anything plugged into the R3 beside the USB cable, by any chance? Unplug them.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 16, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #347 of 2,070
Joe thanks for the reply. I just tried a few standard cables I have lying around and no change. Also, only the USB C OTG cable is plugged into the R3.

I don't know if its a cable problem or issue that my Bifrost doesn't like the input, however that is my only USB capable DAC I have lying around here. I'm trying to find a used Modi to use in my desktop rig, but apparently no one has one for sale at the time. It's hard to eliminate variables with only one DAC.

Mar 16, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #348 of 2,070
Question For R3 PRO owners

Are you able to Shuffle Play ALL Tracks / Songs via the main Folder that has SUB-Folders?

E.g Lets say the Main Folder is "TOOLS" in that Main TOOLS Folder are 6 TOOLS Album Folder... so Are you able to Shuffle Play from the Main TOOLS Folder which basically Shuffles plays all of the tracks from the 6 Tools folders?

Mar 19, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #349 of 2,070
Hello guys,

I tried the search function but could not find an answer..

Does anybody know if I can install and use ROON on hiby r3 pro?
If not by default, is there any workaround to get it running?

Thanks

Mar 19, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #350 of 2,070
Hello guys,

I tried the search function but could not find an answer..

Does anybody know if I can install and use ROON on hiby r3 pro?
If not by default, is there any workaround to get it running?

Thanks

R3 Pro is not an android device where you can install apps. It comes pre-loaded with two native apps (Tidal and Qobuz) and that's about it.

Mar 20, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #351 of 2,070
I wonder if anyone can assist me with a query ....

is it possible to access music stored on a portable hard drive if I connect my r3pro ?

Mar 23, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #352 of 2,070
So I finally got a new DAC and my R3 outouts with no issues. No idea why it works for a Modi Multibit but not a Bifrost.

Quick question, is there a setting I’ve missed that keeps the screen on for more than 30 seconds? I like it on when using it as a transport.

Mar 25, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #353 of 2,070
Hi guys , wanna ask. Is r3 pro can be used only for Bluetooth receiver? My connection are from phone - Bluetooth - r3 pro - xduoo XD-05 (DAC) - headphone.

Are there any better dap in the same price range that can be used as Bluetooth receiver?
Thx :D

Mar 25, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #354 of 2,070
Hi guys , wanna ask. Is r3 pro can be used only for Bluetooth receiver? My connection are from phone - Bluetooth - r3 pro - xduoo XD-05 (DAC) - headphone.

Are there any better dap in the same price range that can be used as Bluetooth receiver?
Thx :D
I have used the R3 in such a configuration with the CHORD Mojo.
Using Tidal on iPhone, streaming to R3 via Bluetooth, then via USB-cable to CHORD Mojo.
Works with the limitation that lossless streaming is not supported by iPhone-R3 BT connection

Mar 27, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #357 of 2,070
Question For R3 PRO owners

Are you able to Shuffle Play ALL Tracks / Songs via the main Folder that has SUB-Folders?

E.g Lets say the Main Folder is "TOOLS" in that Main TOOLS Folder are 6 TOOLS Album Folder... so Are you able to Shuffle Play from the Main TOOLS Folder which basically Shuffles plays all of the tracks from the 6 Tools folders?

Kind of,
you have to select all of the albums sub folders under the main folder and create a playlist. select shuffle play, then load the playlist. it will shuffle through all of the folders.

I can't seem to create a playlist just by selecting the main folder. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #359 of 2,070
Is anyone else having battery life issues while using their R3 as a digital transport to a DAC? Granted I have the screen set to stay on, but I'm getting about 2.5-3 hours before running the battery out right now as a transport, which seems really low.

Mar 29, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #360 of 2,070
Is anyone else having battery life issues while using their R3 as a digital transport to a DAC? Granted I have the screen set to stay on, but I'm getting about 2.5-3 hours before running the battery out right now as a transport, which seems really low.
I am using the R3 non-Pro as digital Transport and the batter lasts for a long time, I‘d guess somewhere around 10 hours.
But I use default screen settings.

sounds like keeping the screen on drains the battery big time

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back