Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
May 15, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #409 of 2,070
Hi guys. Any european reseller? Or a used one in mint condition?
Only european reseller is german and sells only in germany. Otherwise you have to wait until they put it on amazon uk or else just order from the site. I was waiting for amazon, but since i waited months and there's still to wait cause of covid, i decided to get it from the site! It only took 2 weeks

May 15, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #413 of 2,070
Have just listed mine for sale alongside chord mojo and 3D printed case

May 15, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #415 of 2,070
Is there any way to force lower-quality on Qobuz? Sometimes the internet can't keep up with Hi-Res streams, and I'd rather bump it down to CD or even MP3 than suffer through skipping and buffering. Qobuz native apps let you specify a maximum quality, and I've seen the option on other 3rd-party Qobuz apps (BubbleUPnP offers it), so presumably the capability is available in the API. But if that option is available on the R3 Pro, I haven't been able to find it.

May 18, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #417 of 2,070
How was your sound experience with that....i am building the same set up
This is an amazing combo.
I have been using it for over a year, and I call it my little “sound brick”
The Mojo is really good especially with live recordings of acoustic music, it reproduces soundstage, timbre and dynamics extremely well.
And the R3 is a nifty little player with nice user interface and pairs perfectly with the Mojo.
The weak point is the Mojo’s micro-USB connector, which is simply not designed for frequent connecting/disconnecting and needs some protection. The other weak point is the RFI the Mojo picks up when stacked with the R3 with enabled Wifi.

The 3D printed case and transport box make it super robust though, and just today I reworked the lid of the box for easier printing.
With that combo box I just throw the stack into my backbag or suitcase without ever worrying, and the compact cabling is also pretty robust.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #418 of 2,070
This is an amazing combo.
I have been using it for over a year, and I call it my little “sound brick”
The Mojo is really good especially with live recordings of acoustic music, it reproduces soundstage, timbre and dynamics extremely well.
And the R3 is a nifty little player with nice user interface and pairs perfectly with the Mojo.
The weak point is the Mojo’s micro-USB connector, which is simply not designed for frequent connecting/disconnecting and needs some protection. The other weak point is the RFI the Mojo picks up when stacked with the R3 with enabled Wifi.

The 3D printed case and transport box make it super robust though, and just today I reworked the lid of the box for easier printing.
With that combo box I just throw the stack into my backbag or suitcase without ever worrying, and the compact cabling is also pretty robust.

Thank you for your info!!!

Another question.... i have ordered the the type c to coaxial cable... there will be any difference?
Also tha mojo gets hot after long time of playing. attaching them together and with a silicon case , wouldnt increase more the heat?

Yes mojo is bad with RF waves...i had tha problem with mobile..

May 18, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #419 of 2,070
Thank you for your info!!!

Another question.... i have ordered the the type c to coaxial cable... there will be any difference?
Also tha mojo gets hot after long time of playing. attaching them together and with a silicon case , wouldnt increase more the heat?

Yes mojo is bad with RF waves...i had tha problem with mobile..
I have the coaxial 3,5mm and the micro-USB, and according to Rob Watts and my experience the micro-USB is better.
The coax cable leads to some high pitched noise with my IEMs for the first 5-15min after switching on the Mojo, then it stops.

Regarding heat I kept the Mojo part as open as possible to allow it to cool down and it works quite well, certainly better than closed leather cases. But I do pay attention to heat, I think it only gets hot when charging, and then I often disconnect it when it gets warm. Those last few percent during trickle charging don’t make much difference anyways....

May 20, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #420 of 2,070
I purchased an R3 Pro to replace my much-used, but increasingly finicky iPod Classic on the go (I plan to sell it now). Not much out there in the way of instructions, but the UI wasn't too difficult to figure out... works and sounds very good for such a small device, and drives my Koss Porta-Pros nicely (I don't use IEMs). I was also able to add some internet radio stations and try both Tidal and Qobuz over Wi-Fi... it all works well so far (if sometimes a little slow)... good job, Hiby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back