Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Jan 25, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #1,801 of 2,070
Right I get ya thank you👍 for some reason i was under the impression it had 8gb internal memory for things like firmware update! I will install the SD-Card and try again.
Once again thank you for advice appreciate it very much

Jan 25, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #1,802 of 2,070
Hi guys I wanna share a bug I just discovered.
My DAP is the R3 Pro Saber 2022, 9n firmware 2.0 an 2.01Beta is the same.
When I let the music play without skipping track, if a MQA o MQA Studio file plays the next track is oversampled and the aqua led appears no matter the files sample frequency. I connected a externar DAC and it does the same the track after the MQA gets oversample at 192 no mater what. This doesn't happen on Bluetooth. But in coaxial, USB and headphone out does this oversampling. And after a MQA file I get always the aqua led.
Please if someone can confirm this is a regular issue or is just my unit.

Jan 26, 2023 at 2:35 AM Post #1,803 of 2,070
one other thing, can i put a sd-card card that is "already" full of music straight into the R3pro Sabre? I can't seen to find the answer and what I can find seems to suggest i need to put a blank sd-card into it and then transfer files to it by drag & drop from a pc? This just seems really long! and what if I have a few cards loaded with different music and i want to swap them at will is this even possible?
Thanks guyreally appreciate the help 👍

Jan 26, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #1,804 of 2,070
one other thing, can i put a sd-card card that is "already" full of music straight into the R3pro Sabre? I can't seen to find the answer and what I can find seems to suggest i need to put a blank sd-card into it and then transfer files to it by drag & drop from a pc? This just seems really long! and what if I have a few cards loaded with different music and i want to swap them at will is this even possible?
Thanks guyreally appreciate the help 👍
Yes you can, but you have to update the database of the player everytime you change cards.

Jan 26, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #1,805 of 2,070
Fantastic , so just update the batabase each time you install a new card👍
Do you need to update the database just Once for each card or do you need to update it each time you swap a card and then swap it back again i.e do you need to update the database each & every time you swap out cards?
One last thing guys? How much space should i leave on the SD-Card for firmware updates? Sorry I'm not to bad when it cones to audio but absolutely useless with anything computer based lol
Thanx again for the help i don't know what I'd do if headfi didn't exist, some of this stuff can be so difficult to find for problems or issues not so common!

Jan 26, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #1,807 of 2,070
Fantastic , so just update the batabase each time you install a new card👍
Do you need to update the database just Once for each card or do you need to update it each time you swap a card and then swap it back again i.e do you need to update the database each & every time you swap out cards?
One last thing guys? How much space should i leave on the SD-Card for firmware updates? Sorry I'm not to bad when it cones to audio but absolutely useless with anything computer based lol
Thanx again for the help i don't know what I'd do if headfi didn't exist, some of this stuff can be so difficult to find for problems or issues not so common!

If it's the same card with the same contents, no need to update database.

Jan 26, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #1,808 of 2,070
Fantastic👍
Just got back my USB Drive full of DSD/FLAC ect.in the post today so all set to set up r3pro this evening😁 just REALLY hoping the firmware 2.0 update goes without an issue cos i use Tidal 50% of the time and iv been reading its like a lottery who its working for and who it isn't!
NOTE: Sorry for not quoting the members who have replied to my posts but since i bought a new phone whenever i try quot & reply i have serious issues trying to type the post and it just ends up freezing!
So thank you to rlw6534 & NeedleTalk for the help it's much appreciated👍

Jan 26, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #1,809 of 2,070
Fantastic👍
Just got back my USB Drive full of DSD/FLAC ect.in the post today so all set to set up r3pro this evening😁 just REALLY hoping the firmware 2.0 update goes without an issue cos i use Tidal 50% of the time and iv been reading its like a lottery who its working for and who it isn't!
NOTE: Sorry for not quoting the members who have replied to my posts but since i bought a new phone whenever i try quot & reply i have serious issues trying to type the post and it just ends up freezing!
So thank you to rlw6534 & NeedleTalk for the help it's much appreciated👍

FYI, I would do a factory reset on the R3 Pro after the 2.0 update just to prevent any upgrade software issues.

Jan 27, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #1,812 of 2,070
Be careful when switching sd-cards. Always switch it with utmost care because you can damage your socket or sd-card. This is also true for 2.5mm balanced port as its male plug is a small piece of item just like a sd-card.

Jan 31, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #1,815 of 2,070
I just wanted to show(off) the theme I made for the HiBy R3 (Pro/saber) player.
I did not like the userinterface all that much, so I tried to improve it :)

If you want to give it a try see the github for download/installation:
https://github.com/FaBjE/HiBy-Theme-MaterialDesign

Screenshots available: https://github.com/FaBjE/HiBy-Theme-MaterialDesign#screenshots

If you have any issues with the theme/GUI in general let me know and I try to fix them :)

Note: Repository also contains a fixed/improved theme development "kit". Feel free to fork if you only want to use that.
Hi FaBje, new Hiby R3 Pro Saber user here, it's really a nice device, .please can you tells me if your fork of iPod Revival theme is god to go with firmware 2.0 please ?
And if not how to make it ok with 2.0 please ?
have a very good day

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back