Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Jan 18, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #1,786 of 2,070
Nice, might just be the resolution as you said. Don't have the energy to try it before the weekend. Thanks.

Jan 18, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #1,787 of 2,070
I'm still watching... Someone please give me a clear answer...

I have figured out if I create a new playlist and copy the tracks from the old playlist, I can now see it on my R3 Pro. I have no idea why that works. My largest playlist is 497 tracks and it loads fine, so maybe the 50 track limit doesn't apply here.

Jan 18, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #1,788 of 2,070
I must be an idiot as I can't figure this out. Under "Tidal, My Collection, Playlists" all I can see are playlists that I have favorited. None of my personal lists show up. I made one of my playlists public, but apparently you can't favorite your own playlists, so that didn't work either. Would someone be so kind as to help me figure this out, please.
So let‘s check for differences in our setups

1. I use the pre 2022 (non Saber) version of the R3 Pro
2. Firmware version is 2.0
3. My Tidal abo is Hifi Plus
4. I see all of my private playlists (and none of them is public)

Jan 18, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #1,789 of 2,070
So let‘s check for differences in our setups

1. I use the pre 2022 (non Saber) version of the R3 Pro
2. Firmware version is 2.0
3. My Tidal abo is Hifi Plus
4. I see all of my private playlists (and none of them is public)

1. My R3 Pro is the original (non-saber) as well (Cirrus).
2. My firmware is 2.0, with the aggravating Tidal daily logon.
3. I also have HiFi Plus.
4. I have a dozen or so private playlists and none of them were being shown.
5. I did a factory reset today just to see if it helped (not).

My playlists were converted using tunemymusic.com from other streaming apps so it must have something to do with that process. As I said above, I have figured out if I copy them to a new playlist, it seems to fix the issue. So, rename old playlist, copy to new playlist, delete old playlist.... and all is good.

Very odd glitch.

Thanks!!!

Jan 18, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #1,791 of 2,070
1. My R3 Pro is the original (non-saber) as well (Cirrus).
2. My firmware is 2.0, with the aggravating Tidal daily logon.
3. I also have HiFi Plus.
4. I have a dozen or so private playlists and none of them were being shown.
5. I did a factory reset today just to see if it helped (not).

My playlists were converted using tunemymusic.com from other streaming apps so it must have something to do with that process. As I said above, I have figured out if I copy them to a new playlist, it seems to fix the issue. So, rename old playlist, copy to new playlist, delete old playlist.... and all is good.

Very odd glitch.

Thanks!!!
I saw that problem too, converted playlists don't show up I created a new version of the playlist using Tidal app on my phone and suddenly the new playlists appear, this seems to be on Tidal API side of things

Jan 18, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #1,793 of 2,070
I saw that problem too, converted playlists don't show up I created a new version of the playlist using Tidal app on my phone and suddenly the new playlists appear, this seems to be on Tidal API side of things

I took me quite a while to figure it out. Thanks for confirming that it's not just me.

Jan 19, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #1,796 of 2,070
Thanks a lot guys! I think I should get it!

Sorry for the confusion. At least now we know for sure about Tidal and playlists (and how to work around the glitch). Although I have more expensive equipment, I use my R3 Pro often. It just small and handy and the battery life is great.

Jan 24, 2023 at 7:06 PM Post #1,797 of 2,070
Forgot to post here!
TGXear Serratus with the R3 Pro Saber 2022

The Little DAP That Could!
20230123_120650.jpg

Jan 25, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #1,799 of 2,070
Good evening and hello to all🖐
Just recently purchased the R3pro Sabre 2022 and am having the issue with error 8003(I think)! After some googling I've worked out its a firmware issue and need to update to version 2.0 but when i try to update it via OTA it tells me i don't have a sd-card insta!lled! I don't get it because i did not choose the SD-Card option! Does anyone know why this is happening? Do i need a SD-Card even if I'm choosing the OTA option? I do have a 128gb SD-Card but I'm waiting on a friend here on headfi to send back my 128gb USB flash drive full of DSD & Flac Albums and was waiting to recieve that so i can fill up the Card before i install it into R3Pro!
So do i need an SD-Card installed for both the options to update firmware or should i be able to update firmware over OTA without a SD installed and there is a problem with my R3Pro unit?
Thanx in advance for any help it VERY much appreciated👍

Jan 25, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #1,800 of 2,070
Good evening and hello to all🖐
Just recently purchased the R3pro Sabre 2022 and am having the issue with error 8003(I think)! After some googling I've worked out its a firmware issue and need to update to version 2.0 but when i try to update it via OTA it tells me i don't have a sd-card insta!lled! I don't get it because i did not choose the SD-Card option! Does anyone know why this is happening? Do i need a SD-Card even if I'm choosing the OTA option? I do have a 128gb SD-Card but I'm waiting on a friend here on headfi to send back my 128gb USB flash drive full of DSD & Flac Albums and was waiting to recieve that so i can fill up the Card before i install it into R3Pro!
So do i need an SD-Card installed for both the options to update firmware or should i be able to update firmware over OTA without a SD installed and there is a problem with my R3Pro unit?
Thanx in advance for any help it VERY much appreciated👍

There is no internal memory on the R3Pro 2022, so I believe in order to download and install the new firmware, you need to have an SD card installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back