Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Jan 31, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #1,816 of 2,068
This is a great player, can even drive my Verite quite good. Must admit I do want a Hiby with a more full android experience, this gave me the taste of DAPs and I want more.
PXL_20230124_075134503~2.jpg

Feb 1, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #1,818 of 2,068
Thanks guys. Good info. I tried downgrading to V1.9, and it seemed to function properly for a short period of time, and then the same issues of randomly freezing and constantly rebooting started to appear again. So at that point I went ahead and reverted back to 2.0. Figured if it's going to malfunction like this either way, then I might as well have my Tidal access. I haven't tried the factory reset though - definitely will give that a try. At this point though it's getting to be a little to much for me. I don't even bounce around to different tracks and functions very much - pretty much I just find an album that I want to listen to, press play, and don't touch the DAP again until the end of the album. Still, when I go to play an album it seems to reboot itself >80% of the time. Either like 5 seconds into the first track, or somewhere between the first and second track. At this point I think I'm going to cut my losses and look for another pocket DAP that will serve it's purpose for me without the headache. Still holding out hope for a firmware update that corrects the issue, though.

P.S. I was really into the Material Design theme the last time that I owned an R3 Pro Saber. This time around I have been digging a theme called "modern".

https://github.com/7490212774519684/ipod-revival-modern/releases
hi, does this theme (iPod revival modern) works on 2.0 update please ?
If so For An Hiby r3 bdopro@gmail.com Saber
It has theme for firmware 2.0 https://github.com/FaBjE/HiBy-Theme-MaterialDesign/tree/master/Builds/R3PRO
There is updated MaterialDesign.t file
Thanls for the link but I’m looking for the iPod Revival Modern for 2.0 , link is for MaterialDesign for 2.0

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #1,821 of 2,068
Thanls for the link but I’m looking for the iPod Revival Modern for 2.0 , link is for MaterialDesign for 2.0
My mistake. In general theme file *.t can be simply adapted to new firmware version with 7zip utility. Just open theme file with 7zip GUI end edit 'version.txt' file. You need to edit content to "version:2.0" then save edited file and 7zip will update theme file.
Here is edited theme for v2.0 https://www.mediafire.com/file/vwppqs50twtfere/modern_r3pro_2.0.t/file
(it's edited file based on "Hiby R3 Pro 1.15" https://github.com/7490212774519684/ipod-revival-modern/releases )

I tested it, it's not complete. It does not show status icons (coax, bal etc.). Language select does not work, tap on online streaming icon does not show warning if WiFi turned off.

Attachments

• 2023_02_02_18_33_IMG_7844.JPG
    2023_02_02_18_33_IMG_7844.JPG
    807.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 6, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #1,822 of 2,068
if I want to stream Tidal on my R3pro Sabre 2022 when I'm out & about no longer connected to my home wifi which is the best & easiest way to do this?

Feb 6, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #1,823 of 2,068
if I want to stream Tidal on my R3pro Sabre 2022 when I'm out & about no longer connected to my home wifi which is the best & easiest way to do this?

Bluetooth, Airplay or phone hotspot will all work. I would personally use hotspot for best quality. Quality wise hotspot > Airplay > bluetooth.

Feb 6, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #1,824 of 2,068
when you say Hotspot do you mean tethered to my phones wifi or mobile hotspot? if the later iv never used it before is it easy enough to set-up and automatically connect each time?
thanx for the help it's much appreciated

Feb 6, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #1,825 of 2,068
when you say Hotspot do you mean tethered to my phones wifi or mobile hotspot? if the later iv never used it before is it easy enough to set-up and automatically connect each time?
thanx for the help it's much appreciated

Yes, you would be tethered to you phone via wifi and use cellular data from your phone. It's pretty easy to do on my iPhone. In my case I have an unlimited data plan so no additional cost. You could also play from your phone and use the R3 Pro as a USB DAC, which I didn't mention before. Depending on your cellular plan that might be preferable to hotspot as some plans limit hotspot data more tightly than normal cellular data (at least in the US).

Feb 7, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #1,826 of 2,068
fantastic thanks for the advice really appreciate it👍 I have a 100GB plan so it's cool for the hotspot , Stay Safe & thanks again for the help I appreciate it very much

Feb 22, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #1,828 of 2,068
Anyone with firmware 2.0 on the R3 PRO 2022? I tried logging into Qobuz, but apparently it only accepts Tidal as a streaming service... Any workaround or way around this somehow?
In oder to change between streaming services you have to press and hold the Tidal icon until you see a pop up list and then you can select Qobuz. This is nos mentioned anywhere in the manual nor the website I saw that on a YouTube video cuz when I got my player I also cannot figure it out.

Feb 22, 2023 at 3:14 AM Post #1,830 of 2,068
Having used the R3 Pro Saber for a while, I have a couple of pet peeves

- buggy firmware/UI (I tried v2, kept rebooting, went back to 1.7, where it reboots less often), lack of some basic functions (e.g - group/list by album artis)
- very weak BT - connection cuts out already at 2-3m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back