HiBy R3 II--new and improved: physical volume knob, 4.4mm balanced out, increased power
Oct 18, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #91 of 170
Pretty surprised no one mentioned yet, but lag in usb dac mode is fixed at last.
To give more context, Hiby R3 Pro suffered from horrible issue when used as usb dac - the sound was delayed and that delay was getting worse over time.
On Hiby R3 II there is no sound delay when using it as usb dac and it stays stable over the time.
Since I did not see any mention of Hiby R3 II having proper usb interface like XMOS, I do wonder now - was it fixed solely by the new software or were there some internal architecture changes that allowed to fix this, i.e. is it possible to fix this for og Hiby R3 Pro?
@HiByMusic can you elaborate on this?
Also, can we have a feature to disable USB charging in USB DAC mode or some kind of battery care (i.e. charging to 75% percent max instead of 100%)? I recall Fiio BTR5 originally was suffering from severe battery degradation over the time when used as USB DAC due to constant battery charging.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #93 of 170
Hi. My main R3 II UX problem I can't quickly jump to a folder with current track. Have I missed something obvious?

What happens if you swipe right on the screen with the current track playing?

Oct 20, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #94 of 170
What happens if you swipe right on the screen with the current track playing?
It shows previous screen. And it can be anything I used before. Or, say, the player was rebooted. Current track is restored. But to go to the folder can take plenty of time (especially with folders containing hundred or two subfolders).

Oct 20, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #95 of 170
1. Would anybody be so kind to explain control screen icons meaning? Here we have two rows four icon each.

First row: Bluetooth, WiFi, ?, ?
2d row: HibyLink, ?, Gain, ?

Not sure what icons marked as "?" do mean.

2. Would anybody explain an algorithm how shuffling mode does work? Say, current track is located inside /A/B/C directory. What's the next step?

@Joe Bloggs I'm sure you do know answers. But official manual would be even greater than eating your time.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #96 of 170
1. Would anybody be so kind to explain control screen icons meaning? Here we have two rows four icon each.

Have found the answer: it is all become clear if to enter "Shortcut menu" inside Settings.

Oct 21, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #97 of 170

2. Would anybody explain an algorithm how shuffling mode does work? Say, current track is located inside /A/B/C directory. What's the next step?

@Joe Bloggs I'm sure you do know answers. But official manual would be even greater than eating your time.
Shuffle works to shuffle all tracks displayed when you activate shuffle. That can be any track in the database, in the all songs view, or any limited subset, in e.g. albums view (an individual album), artists view (all songs by an artist, or, if you selected a particular album by that artist, again an individual album), files view (an individual directory), etc.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 21, 2023 at 2:09 AM Post #98 of 170
Hi. My main R3 II UX problem I can't quickly jump to a folder with current track. Have I missed something obvious?
You can't jump to a folder with the current track, because the folder view is not database driven (that's how it can also overcome any and all potential database caps, currently at 50,000 tracks). You can jump to the current track, if you played from any of the database-driven views (songs, albums, artists, genres, etc.)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 21, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #99 of 170
@Joe Bloggs , thanks again for your great support. I have found some palliative to overcome "shuffling inside container only". It is possible to add needed subfolders into a play list and then to shuffle inside the last one.

On directories adding to a playlist the recursion seems to be with depth just one only. Fortunately, at my cases it is mostly sufficient.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #100 of 170
Hello
Is there a way to play all the songs of an artist (like it can be done in Neutron) ? I only managed to get all the songs of one album, or all the songs of a same artist but sorted alphabetically...
(I only have my R3ii since Friday evening, sorry if maybe it's obvious...).

Oct 22, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #101 of 170
Hello
Is there a way to play all the songs of an artist (like it can be done in Neutron) ? I only managed to get all the songs of one album, or all the songs of a same artist but sorted alphabetically...
(I only have my R3ii since Friday evening, sorry if maybe it's obvious...).
Yes. There is a music icon when you click an artist. It will show all the songs instead of albums.

Oct 22, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #102 of 170
Yes. There is a music icon when you click an artist. It will show all the songs instead of albums.
That's where the songs are sorted alphabetically...
It's there another way ?

Oct 22, 2023 at 9:23 PM Post #103 of 170
That's where the songs are sorted alphabetically...
It's there another way ?
It's not something that comes naturally to this device, unfortunately, if you mean to put all albums by an artist in a playlist with tracks in track order within each album.

If you want to play through albums from the same artist, it may be possible to do by enable "Play through albums" in settings...?

(I've also submitted a feature request, to be able to select albums much like you can select individual tracks, so that you can add whole albums to playlists.)

Last edited:

Oct 23, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #104 of 170
Pretty surprised no one mentioned yet, but lag in usb dac mode is fixed at last.
To give more context, Hiby R3 Pro suffered from horrible issue when used as usb dac - the sound was delayed and that delay was getting worse over time.
On Hiby R3 II there is no sound delay when using it as usb dac and it stays stable over the time.
Since I did not see any mention of Hiby R3 II having proper usb interface like XMOS, I do wonder now - was it fixed solely by the new software or were there some internal architecture changes that allowed to fix this, i.e. is it possible to fix this for og Hiby R3 Pro?
@HiByMusic can you elaborate on this?
Also, can we have a feature to disable USB charging in USB DAC mode or some kind of battery care (i.e. charging to 75% percent max instead of 100%)? I recall Fiio BTR5 originally was suffering from severe battery degradation over the time when used as USB DAC due to constant battery charging.

Is there an explanation of all of the settings somewhere?

Perhaps the "USB CURRENT LIMIT" setting turns off charging?

Oct 24, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #105 of 170
Is there an explanation of all of the settings somewhere?

Perhaps the "USB CURRENT LIMIT" setting turns off charging?
that limits the current it draws through the USB port, making it friendlier in a smartphone dongle kind of usage scenario. Doesn't stop charging above a %, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back