HiBy R3 II--new and improved: physical volume knob, 4.4mm balanced out, increased power
Nov 10, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #121 of 164
Hi, anybody have both Hiby R3 II and R2 II? Is there a big difference in sound quality?
I have R2 II and thinking about buying R3 II.
Thanks

Another idea would be to buy a Cayin RU6 dongle and use the R2 as a digital transport taking advantage of its MSEB feature on the Cayin R-2R dongle. I did that with the R3 Pro and the result is highly satisfactory except for the increased battery drain.

Nov 10, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #123 of 164
Nov 11, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #124 of 164
Tell me, when listening through the 4.4 connector, when moving to the next track, a background noise effect occurs (crackling - like the effect of leakage in capacitors) or when pausing, such noise is more clearly audible on the Shuoer S12 Pro and FiiO FD3 Pro. There is no such thing on FiiO FD5, I replaced the cable. There are no such effects at 3.5 mm.
PS. The player has already been working for 12 hours, and this effect has become less noticeable. A strange phenomenon, something is not clean in the output filter on the balanced output.
PS.2. Background noise also appeared on the 3.5 connector, an obvious problem in the amplifier and filter circuit. I issued a return to the seller, a sad situation.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #125 of 164
Just ordered one through the sale. What kinds of cases do you use with yours?

Nov 11, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #126 of 164
Nov 11, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #127 of 164
Nov 11, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #128 of 164
Tell me, when listening through the 4.4 connector, when moving to the next track, a background noise effect occurs (crackling - like the effect of leakage in capacitors) or when pausing, such noise is more clearly audible on the Shuoer S12 Pro and FiiO FD3 Pro. There is no such thing on FiiO FD5, I replaced the cable. There are no such effects at 3.5 mm.
PS. The player has already been working for 12 hours, and this effect has become less noticeable. A strange phenomenon, something is not clean in the output filter on the balanced output.
PS.2. Background noise also appeared on the 3.5 connector, an obvious problem in the amplifier and filter circuit. I issued a return to the seller, a sad situation.
This crackling sound is there. Many times music players are released and have this sound. It is a problem. Sometimes the company fixes it with firmware, and sometimes they don't. An Apple iPod, so many years now since it was introduced, never had this problem. I don't understand why Hiby would release a player with this problem, or any reputable music player manufacturer. We're too far in the game to have to put up with Amateur hour.

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:49 AM Post #130 of 164
HiBy is pleased to announce the latest update to our linux-based pure audio mini DAPs in the form of the R3 II--now with physical volume knob (also press for screen lock / on / off), 4.4mm balanced output (instead of 2.5mm) and increase in output power to 380mV via 4.4mm output.

As always, these are awesome as ultraportable music sources for any case where you want to carry something smaller than a phone or a regular DAP. As well noted by greyforest, you can also connect them to WiFi or even your smartphone's own hotspot and connect via DLNA or AirPlay to have them function as a wireless, lossless hi-res amplifier for whatever your phone's playing.

Coming soon to your local retailers and store.hiby.com
1693558043380.png
Trial user usage report

1693558360658.png
Pre-release info page

yall might wanna drop the blue and go sliver and red and green colorways and drop 4.4mm and go 2.5mm etc

Dec 10, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #131 of 164
HiBy is pleased to announce the latest update to our linux-based pure audio mini DAPs in the form of the R3 II--now with physical volume knob (also press for screen lock / on / off), 4.4mm balanced output (instead of 2.5mm) and increase in output power to 380mV via 4.4mm output.

As always, these are awesome as ultraportable music sources for any case where you want to carry something smaller than a phone or a regular DAP. As well noted by greyforest, you can also connect them to WiFi or even your smartphone's own hotspot and connect via DLNA or AirPlay to have them function as a wireless, lossless hi-res amplifier for whatever your phone's playing.

1693558043380.png
Trial user usage report

1693558360658.png
Pre-release info page

why yall dont sell the hiby rs2 daps on yall amazon and aliexpress store

Dec 10, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #132 of 164

1693558043380.png
Trial user usage report

1693558360658.png
Pre-release info page

Also if yall gonna release the r5 gen III please keep the same r5II design just add bigger screen + bigger (8000mAh) battery 2 sd slots 2.5mm outputs is a must have option friend

Dec 12, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #134 of 164
Probably a stupid question, but how do I make playlists compatible for the R3 II?

I made playlists in MediaMonkey and copied them over, along with my library, but none of them work.

Edit: Found a solution. I placed the playlists in the folder right above my music folder. My playlist entries all say music\artist\album\song.whatever, so my playlists are all in the folder that holds the Music folder.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #135 of 164
Fast forward from my previous post.

I still love that RII has 4.4 output and usb dac mode is now usable, but in the end I feel bitter.
First of all, R3 Pro was more compact and sleek - still missing that.
Second and more important - can't use R3 II as bluetooth receiver reliably, it just freezes very often. I may need to hard-reboot the device 2-3 times during 4h session, that is very frustrating. I do believe this issue may be addressed with firmware updates, but for now I do feel I may get my old good R3 Pro from the drawer and use it while I'm waiting for my Qudelix 5k to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back