HiBy R3 II--new and improved: physical volume knob, 4.4mm balanced out, increased power
Oct 26, 2023 at 12:52 AM Post #106 of 170
Hello
I took my brand new R3 ii on business trip, but forgot to take the user manual. Can't find it on Hiby's site. Anyone has a download link ?
I find that from selecting a file in Artist view until getting the "main player" view (with elapsed time, previous/next,..) it needs to go back through several screens.
In my memory, it was far easier on the R3 pro... Maybe there is something I miss ?
Any help appreciated 🙂

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #107 of 170
Musicteck has the R3 II in stock but the price is $251.00 USD vs $179.00 USD on the Hiby site. I was looking at the R3 II instead of the Shanling M1S partly due to price with the M1S priced at $229 USD vs $179 USD for the R3 II. If indeed $251 USD will be the retail price going forward the decision just got more interesting.

Will be interesting to see what the prices will be come Black Friday and how close they will be

Oct 26, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #108 of 170
Musicteck has the R3 II in stock but the price is $251.00 USD vs $179.00 USD on the Hiby site. I was looking at the R3 II instead of the Shanling M1S partly due to price with the M1S priced at $229 USD vs $179 USD for the R3 II. If indeed $251 USD will be the retail price going forward the decision just got more interesting.

Will be interesting to see what the prices will be come Black Friday and how close they will be
Not sure where you’re seeing $251 USD on MusicTecks website. I purchased it there for $179 and I still see it listed at $179

Attachments

• IMG_3593.png
    IMG_3593.png
    314.2 KB · Views: 0
Oct 26, 2023 at 11:39 PM Post #109 of 170
Not sure where you’re seeing $251 USD on MusicTecks website. I purchased it there for $179 and I still see it listed at $179
Strange I checked it at around 2 AM right before I posted and the site said $251.00, I did a search for Hiby R3 II price and that search result came up. Anyway glad it isn't the case and still at $179.00., hopefully it doesn't go up in the future.

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #110 of 170
It depends on the music. When I listen to louder pop or rock music, the hiss is practically irrelevant. However, when I listen to music with very black background, say, Goldberg’s Variations or Bach’s violin partitas, this hiss is audible and can be somewhat intrusive. It’s not as noisy as my DX300, but I can’t say it has a black background. Very few sources do when driving andro 2020, to be fair.
I am talking mostly about the noise floor/hiss that is audible when no music is playing. So when you have the device turned on with no music playing and your IEMs plugged in you hear it. Most recordings I have ever heard have some level of noise floor/background hiss, some more than others. The genre/music is irrelevant. Perhaps you meant particular recording. The Sony A55 has an audible hiss with not particularly sensitive IEMs so I was trying to determine whether the Hiby had the same.

I have the Hiby now and it does not produce an audible hiss, at least not to my ear and with my specific IEMs (Fiio FH3, Fiio JD7, Sennheiser IE600).

Oct 27, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #111 of 170
I now have the Hiby and there is no audible hiss/noise floor to my ears with my specific equipment. Also, contrary to reviews stating otherwise, Hiby software still does not do gapless playback with AIFF/AIF files/format.

Did more testing/listening and "gapless" isn't working with FLAC files either, and yes I do have that option turned on in the settings. Piss poor. I hope Hiby can provide a fix for this basic function.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #112 of 170
1698856821960.png

HiBy R3 II firmware update V1.1
Changelog:
1. Optimized power consumption and battery display issues;
2. Optimize Bluetooth stability;
3. Modified "Singer->Album" sorting according to Track ID;
4. Various other bug fixes.
The OTA update is available now. Simply connect to Wi-Fi and update the firmware by System settings -> Firmware update -> Via OTA.
Download link for local update: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hZ...eP6SB7mi3GDnlIyvoO3vsEwSNdocQ7qBdhtbB5Yz2vpoc

I can confirm that the Artist>Albums now displays in track order rather than alphabetical order. Can't comment on any of the other points yet, or what the "various other bug fixes" are.

Album Artist still does not give you the option to switch between all tracks and albums, it just lists all tracks in alphabetical order. This needs to be updated to give you the option to switch between albums and all tracks.

Nov 1, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #113 of 170
1698856821960.png

HiBy R3 II firmware update V1.1
Changelog:
1. Optimized power consumption and battery display issues;
2. Optimize Bluetooth stability;
3. Modified "Singer->Album" sorting according to Track ID;
4. Various other bug fixes.
The OTA update is available now. Simply connect to Wi-Fi and update the firmware by System settings -> Firmware update -> Via OTA.
Download link for local update: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hZ...eP6SB7mi3GDnlIyvoO3vsEwSNdocQ7qBdhtbB5Yz2vpoc

I can confirm that the Artist>Albums now displays in track order rather than alphabetical order. Can't comment on any of the other points yet, or what the "various other bug fixes" are.

Album Artist still does not give you the option to switch between all tracks and albums, it just lists all tracks in alphabetical order. This needs to be updated to give you the option to switch between albums and all tracks.
Great, a function I was expecting 🙂

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #116 of 170
Hi all,
I can’t get the display to show the track as shown on my fiio.
Is there a reason for this or a setting I’m missing?
Regards Steve

I may not have understood your question, but you can swipe right for the now playing screen.

Nov 9, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #118 of 170
Pretty surprised no one mentioned yet, but lag in usb dac mode is fixed at last.
To give more context, Hiby R3 Pro suffered from horrible issue when used as usb dac - the sound was delayed and that delay was getting worse over time.
On Hiby R3 II there is no sound delay when using it as usb dac and it stays stable over the time.
Since I did not see any mention of Hiby R3 II having proper usb interface like XMOS, I do wonder now - was it fixed solely by the new software or were there some internal architecture changes that allowed to fix this, i.e. is it possible to fix this for og Hiby R3 Pro?
@HiByMusic can you elaborate on this?
Also, can we have a feature to disable USB charging in USB DAC mode or some kind of battery care (i.e. charging to 75% percent max instead of 100%)? I recall Fiio BTR5 originally was suffering from severe battery degradation over the time when used as USB DAC due to constant battery charging.

that limits the current it draws through the USB port, making it friendlier in a smartphone dongle kind of usage scenario. Doesn't stop charging above a %, though.

Hey folks good news I just did a test, connected it to my PC and was listening using it as a DAC. With the "USB CURRENT LIMIT" setting ON: It did not charge over 1 hour! Or rather perhaps it's charging very slowly enough to keep it maintained.

Time zero= 18% battery
Time 1hr elapsed= 18%

Pretty great!!! Seems this is a way to use it as USB dac with little impact on battery life.

Nov 9, 2023 at 4:30 PM Post #119 of 170
Hi all. A strange phenomenon on this player after updating to version 1.1, via Bluetooth it stopped playing music with a high bitrate - 32/384 (WAV), 16/44, 24/96, 24/192 Flac plays normally as on the old firmware. Error - 12 appears on the screen. Everything else works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back