HiBy FC6--R2R dongle DAC reborn
Mar 9, 2024 at 5:30 AM Post #196 of 228
My favourite pairing with fc6 (and overall the best ultra-portable setup):

Attachments

• IMG_4535.jpeg
    IMG_4535.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Mar 10, 2024 at 2:13 PM Post #197 of 228
The PULA PA02 are confirmed to be born to play with the Hiby FC6... I can't wait to try the new reference iems the SLIIVO SL-41 (with greater definition than the PA02) and the SLIIVO SLT6 (6 BA) with the Hiby FC6... will definitely be two more fantastic synergies.

Mar 26, 2024 at 9:46 AM Post #200 of 228
I have ordered the FC6, couldn't resist anymore at the price of $180. Had the RU6 at one point, but found it terribly noisy and unrefined, musical but kind of low-fi.
Going to be using the FC6 alongside my trusty xDuoo Link2Bal Max to drive BQEYZ Wind, ZiiGaat Doscinco, MiM Dark Magician OG & TinHifi P1 Max.
It's going to be interesting to see how well it can drive P1 Max & Wind, both of which are quite power hungry.

More impressions of FC6 is always welcome.

Mar 26, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #201 of 228
I have ordered the FC6, couldn't resist anymore at the price of $180. Had the RU6 at one point, but found it terribly noisy and unrefined, musical but kind of low-fi.
Going to be using the FC6 alongside my trusty xDuoo Link2Bal Max to drive BQEYZ Wind, ZiiGaat Doscinco, MiM Dark Magician OG & TinHifi P1 Max.
It's going to be interesting to see how well it can drive P1 Max & Wind, both of which are quite power hungry.

More impressions of FC6 is always welcome.
HifiGo Spring deals?
I ordered one from there a few days ago, and I'm looking forward to hearing the FC6. It will be my first experience with "R2R" 😊

Mar 26, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #202 of 228
HifiGo Spring deals?
I ordered one from there a few days ago, and I'm looking forward to hearing the FC6. It will be my first experience with "R2R" 😊
Yes!
Let us report back here once we've had a listen, to share our thoughts :)

The only thing I'm anxious about regarding the FC6 is the stage, specifically width.
Dongles that sound narrow (Questyle M15 for example) I cannot find enjoyment from.
That is one element that the Link2Bal Max excels in, stage size.

Mar 26, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #203 of 228
Yes!

The only thing I'm anxious about regarding the FC6 is the stage, specifically width.
Dongles that sound narrow (Questyle M15 for example) I cannot find enjoyment from.
Sure 😊
I don't have that much to compare it against, though. But will try and compare it with the Moondrop Dawn and my Violectric V200/SMSL DO100 stack. The last one is a bit unfair, but to me, still interesting.

Mar 27, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #204 of 228
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 27, 2024 at 2:30 AM Post #206 of 228
I still haven't updated Fc6, only! Windows computer access issue! And I fell in love with the NOS option. Should update and explore.
I updated to the latest version. The differences in sound between the filters, including the branded Darwin, are so insignificant that they are even not worth the time spent on description. It sounds great in NOS. I listen exclusively mode on the Tidal iOS app or Hiby music on Android.

Mar 28, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #207 of 228
I updated to the latest version. The differences in sound between the filters, including the branded Darwin, are so insignificant that they are even not worth the time spent on description. It sounds great in NOS. I listen exclusively mode on the Tidal iOS app or Hiby music on Android.
what sample rate are you listening at?

If you're listening at over 48kHz (88.2 or above), I won't argue that the differences are insignificant.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 28, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #208 of 228
what sample rate are you listening at?

If you're listening at over 48kHz (88.2 or above), I won't argue that the differences are insignificant.
Everything that comes with a max Tidal subscription. from flac 16/44 to 24/192 and MQA. I tried many times to hear the difference, but I only hear between NOS/OS, and not between filters in OS. The same is the zero impact of HDR.

And by the way, even before purchasing fc6, when I looked and read reviews, they noted that they did not hear HDR on/off at all, and the influence of filters was extremely minimal.

Mar 30, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #209 of 228
Yes!

Did you receive any updates on your order? I was just told that mine probably will ship in mid April, even though it was in stock when I placed the order :/
Have asked them to cancel the order, might as well just go with the Mojo2 or RU7 instead.

Mar 30, 2024 at 4:30 AM Post #210 of 228
Did you receive any updates on your order? I was just told that mine probably will ship in mid April, even though it was in stock when I placed the order :/
Have asked them to cancel the order, might as well just go with the Mojo2 or RU7 instead.
Man that's rough. If I were you, I would hold on to the FC6 because:

1. FC6 on sale is a whole lot cheaper ($180) vs $299 for RU7.
2. The vast majority prefer the FC6 to the RU7, as great as RU7 probably is.

If it makes you feel any better, my FC6 is stuck in customs since 21/3 😅😭 Hifigo has contacted the carrier for me. We'll see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back