HiBy FC6--R2R dongle DAC reborn
Feb 12, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #181 of 228
They have a price/performance ratio at Zero level... they are practically 1700 euro IEMs, but they forgot to write the last 0... truly incredible!!!

pula pa02.jpg
Ah very good! I like the Zero with FC6. Perfect for that treble energy. Metal sounds very good. Or even for something like this: https://songwhip.com/josejames/strange-fruit . Tanchjim Zero resolves rather neatly.

Btw, have your 634 years Miraok arrived? Hope you enjoying them with Fc6.

Feb 12, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #182 of 228
Ah very good! I like the Zero with FC6. Perfect for that treble energy. Metal sounds very good. Or even for something like this: https://songwhip.com/josejames/strange-fruit . Tanchjim Zero resolves rather neatly.

Btw, have your 634 years Miraok arrived? Hope you enjoying them with Fc6.
Now I'm trying the PULA PA02 (mini Aroma Jewel) with the DC-Elite... truly an extraordinary dongle and a fabulous iem. For the Miroak II, I think they are in production (I hope) but when he ships them he will send me an email and the shipping will be very fast because he relies on DHL. However, the FC6 remains in my heart for its extreme musicality and for the details it manages to express with that type of musicality.

Feb 25, 2024 at 9:56 AM Post #184 of 228
Feb 25, 2024 at 10:05 AM Post #186 of 228
Feb 26, 2024 at 6:10 AM Post #188 of 228
Feb 27, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #189 of 228
All dongles and therefore obviously also the FC6 have two major limitations that prevent them from competing on equal terms with desktop solutions costing thousands of euros/dollars. These two limits mainly refer to the current... both incoming (power supply) and outgoing (amplification). By removing or circumventing these two limitations, dongles easily reach listening levels that come close to or even allow them to surpass desktop DACs that cost up to ten times their cost. The hub you see in the photo (twin of the PulwTop) allows you to remove the first of these two limits by giving the dongle a step-down switching power supply which has only the dongle's request as its limit. In fact, when connected to the hub, the FC6 manages to absorb current peaks that approach the instantaneous watt as shown by the display on the hub. This translates into an absolute black level, greater power, much faster transients, improved definition, the sound becomes crystal clear, voices improve and become three-dimensional as happens with instruments much more vivid and natural. Basically the FC6 expresses itself to the maximum of what it can without worrying about the current it manages to obtain from the streamer because it is no longer it who provides it. The question, however, does not only concern the quantity of current, but its speed in flowing through the dongle whose request is satisfied within a millisecond. As regards the other limit (amplification) this is circumvented through the use of a signal balancer/unbalancer which increases the output voltage from the dongle which can (if necessary) provide up to 8 volts which alone 'FC6 could not do. In addition to this, the balancer balances the signal of the FC6 equipped with an exclusively unbalanced output and, being of a professional type, it does not add any distortion, allowing the dongle to deliver much more than the few volts it would be capable of on its own. The stage becomes enormous, the sound takes shape and spreads in the air, everything becomes alive, physical, real. This whole chain ends in a Cayin iHA-6 which, thanks to the high voltage supplied by the balancer and the dongle doped by the hub, easily powers a Hifiman HE6... and believe me... listening to an FC6 with an HE6 is truly a incredible experience. All this without consuming a bit of power from the streamer, be it a phone/tablet/PC.

HUB:

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005...etolove.5.3aa35132nkVCm5&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

Balancer/Unbalancer:

https://www.amazon.com/ART-CLEANBoxPro-2-channel-Unbalanced-Converter/dp/B003S7T49K
Phew, after reading this again, imma be honest: I still have no idea what the balancer do. It's pretty easy to understand the HUB sk that was done. Imma be straightforward: I only intend to listen to iem and earbuds with varied impedance and i'll NEVER use a headphone. Do i still need the balancer then?

Feb 27, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #190 of 228
Phew, after reading this again, imma be honest: I still have no idea what the balancer do. It's pretty easy to understand the HUB sk that was done. Imma be straightforward: I only intend to listen to iem and earbuds with varied impedance and i'll NEVER use a headphone. Do i still need the balancer then?
No, the balancer/unbalancer is only needed if you want to connect the unbalanced dongle (FC6) to a desktop amplifier that has balanced inputs or on the contrary to connect the dongle with balanced output (DC04PRO) to a desktop amplifier that does not have unbalanced inputs. In addition to this it increases the volts output from the dongle bringing it on par with a desktop level DAC. Using only IEM you can easily do without it, but perhaps I would give it a thought to an amplifier for IEM if I were you.

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:42 AM Post #191 of 228
No, the balancer/unbalancer is only needed if you want to connect the unbalanced dongle (FC6) to a desktop amplifier that has balanced inputs or on the contrary to connect the dongle with balanced output (DC04PRO) to a desktop amplifier that does not have unbalanced inputs. In addition to this it increases the volts output from the dongle bringing it on par with a desktop level DAC. Using only IEM you can easily do without it, but perhaps I would give it a thought to an amplifier for IEM if I were you.
Oh then that's easy. I'm using purely 3.5 nowadays. Future, in the wish-list, amplifier that i plan to buy either have 3.5 only or both 3.5 and 4.4mm. So... looks like i'm safe without the balancer?

Feb 27, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #192 of 228
Feb 27, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #193 of 228
Feb 27, 2024 at 7:07 PM Post #194 of 228
The hub is not the same because it must have a separate power supply and not carry power to the streamer so as not to charge the streamer and therefore can also be used connected to a PC port without powering it, as well as having a reading of the watts consumed instantly by the dongle. It exists in various versions but they are completely identical.

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005...etolove.5.74465132YWZXLZ&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

https://www.amazon.it/PULWTOP-10Gbps-trasferimento-supporta-MacBook/dp/B0BTYVL57R

https://pulwtop.com/products/pulwto...0gbps-ports-for-imac-macbook-pro-air-ipad-xps
Hi, very late I know, found your very helpful post through someone on the cayin ru7 thread (choice between that one and the fc6 was difficult). Looking forward to upgrading the power supply of the dongle to see what it can really do.
Thanks again
Greetings, Anouk,

Mar 7, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #195 of 228
Hi guys. I just received my fc6, I don’t know what firmware it’s on. By the way, how can I check? I definitely don’t have Darwin filter so it not the last one.

And the most important question is what firmware should I update to? 1.06, 1.06 and a half, beta, 1.07? I'm confused by them.
Which one is better in terms of sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back