HiBy FC6--R2R dongle DAC reborn
Feb 2, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #166 of 228
The only real shame is that there isn't a version with a 4.4mm termination to be able to listen to them with other dongles that would take advantage of the balanced output to double the power... power that the Zeros really need to shine. Fortunately, with the FC6 they have such a high synergy that even this is overcome, which could be a problem with other dongles.

P.S. the details will arrive with the running-in, certainly not at IEM totl levels but certainly many more than I am expressing now.
Great.. That's what Andy alluded to as well (about details) I guess.

Totally agree with the power these demand as much as a planar I feel! And for a cheap iem does scale up without any issue.

Btw read you getting pula pa02... Graph looks very good! Hope you like it. Btw, Not biting the new rage Tansio Mirai TSMR -X? Another mid priced iem that supposedly playing out like a iem worth double the cost. Good to see iems getting better at various price ranges.

Time to start burning these zero but will hear till the night before I do!

Feb 2, 2024 at 9:26 AM Post #167 of 228

Totally agree with the power these demand as much as a planar I feel! And for a cheap iem does scale up without any issue.

Btw read you getting pula pa02... Graph looks very good! Hope you like it. Btw, Not biting the new rage Tansio Mirai TSMR -X? Another mid priced iem that supposedly playing out like a iem worth double the cost. Good to see iems getting better at various price ranges.

Now I'm also waiting for the 634Ears Miroak II which are very natural and organic single drivers built by a Japanese craftsman. In addition to this, depending on the material (type of wood/copper/steel) with which you decide to have them finished, the sound changes in various ways... I chose the Miroak II Purpleheart even if there are many types to choose from. Let's see when they arrive...

Feb 2, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #168 of 228
Now I'm also waiting for the 634Ears Miroak II which are very natural and organic single drivers built by a Japanese craftsman. In addition to this, depending on the material (type of wood/copper/steel) with which you decide to have them finished, the sound changes in various ways... I chose the Miroak II Purpleheart even if there are many types to choose from. Let's see when they arrive...
Oh wow! Sounds great. Looking forward to your impressions! What's the cost in usd?

Feb 2, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #169 of 228
Feb 2, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #171 of 228
Returning to the FC6 I tried the Ultra Darwin 2 filter extensively but honestly my favorite mode remains the NOS one. The Darwin filter seems to offer slightly more air in the highs, but all this (in my opinion) is paid for with a thinning of the weight of the notes which for me remains the added value of this R2R dongle.

Feb 2, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #172 of 228
Returning to the FC6 I tried the Ultra Darwin 2 filter extensively but honestly my favorite mode remains the NOS one. The Darwin filter seems to offer slightly more air in the highs, but all this (in my opinion) is paid for with a thinning of the weight of the notes which for me remains the added value of this R2R dongle.
I should try but I was so satisfied with NOs that I haven't even updated the software yet!

Feb 5, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #173 of 228

They have a price/performance ratio at Zero level... they are practically 1700 euro IEMs, but they forgot to write the last 0... truly incredible!!!

pula pa02.jpg

Feb 5, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #174 of 228
Truly an excellent synergy!!!

Fc6pula.jpg

Feb 6, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #175 of 228
Hello! Does FC6 support 4 pole 3.5mm jack like hifiman standart?
1707201876152.png

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #176 of 228
Hello! Does FC6 support 4 pole 3.5mm jack like hifiman standart?
1707201876152.png
I really don't think so, but we're waiting for a response directly from @Hiby. The only device I know that uses that standard and that I own is the old DAP Hifiman Supermini, even the Shanling M8 which had a 3.5mm 4-pole input called 3.5mm PRO was however not compatible with the Hifiman connection.

Feb 6, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #177 of 228
I really don't think so, but we're waiting for a response directly from @Hiby. The only device I know that uses that standard and that I own is the old DAP Hifiman Supermini, even the Shanling M8 which had a 3.5mm 4-pole input called 3.5mm PRO was however not compatible with the Hifiman connection.
in some devices, contacts are additionally soldered like qls qa361(unbal) and etc. I just have an adapter from 2.5/4.4 to 3.5 with 4 pole. :)

Feb 11, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #178 of 228
1000007441.jpg

With earbuds sounds like a charm. 130 Ohms easy drive

Feb 11, 2024 at 3:13 AM Post #179 of 228
cheked it - doesnt work :frowning2: only 3.5mm 3 pole working

Feb 11, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #180 of 228
@Joe Bloggs Hello! Sorry, but I have a small request:
Is it possible to somehow make a description of the filters and the operation of OS/NOS in this thread? when HDR work, when do filters work(with OS right?), etc.
There is no information content in everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back