HiBy FC6--R2R dongle DAC reborn
Jan 16, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #136 of 228
I can't remember where I saw it, but someone was having the same problem and it fixed itself when they used the FC6 with UAPP. Could be worth a shot.
This worked momentarily. Seems this unit is just faulty. The disappointing thing is I reached out to Hiby (who I bought from directly) and they want me to ship it back to China on my dime. The asked me for video evidence, which they viewed and agreed is a faulty unit. Unreal. This will definitely be the last Hiby product I purchase.

Jan 17, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #137 of 228
I want to add something for respective buyers and possibly Hiby support (If they are even following this anymore).

So looking through the threads of other dongles, there were references to voltage and cabling. Although I don't have issues with other dongles, I am just like evryone else trying to get the best possible sound. I purchased this recommended USB OTG cable. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJGWSMV9?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

This has been verified to supply the correct voltage where other USB OTG cables might not.

Anyway, I have now hooked this cable up to all my devices (iPhone 15 pro Max, Sony Xperia 1V, Pixel 7 Pro, iPad Pro, and Macbook Pro M3) and I have not had the disappearing screen issue for 2 days. This is a big difference.

Now, is the cable supplied from Hiby not supplying enough juice? Does the firmware have anything to do with it? Who knows... maybe the issue pops up again but seems promising for now. I would imagine there is some kind of voltage regulation happening in the firmware to minimize battery drain.

If this is a fix, it sucks that I had to buy a $30 cable to fix the issue and Hiby has done nothing except try to make me pay to send it back to them.

Jan 17, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #138 of 228
I understand the disappointment, but if I were you I would move on and fully enjoy the musical capabilities of the FC6 because, above all, it deserves to be listened to without being accompanied by a bad memory. Good listening with FC6... it really is a "special" dongle.

Jan 17, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #139 of 228
I have moved on. I am trying to help others that may see issues and a solution. That's what these threads are all about. Not just about proclamations of excellence. I agree the sound is great. But problems, fixes, and support are part of this hobby as well. I am trying to do my part for the community.

Jan 17, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #140 of 228
I want to add something for respective buyers and possibly Hiby support (If they are even following this anymore).

So looking through the threads of other dongles, there were references to voltage and cabling. Although I don't have issues with other dongles, I am just like evryone else trying to get the best possible sound. I purchased this recommended USB OTG cable. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJGWSMV9?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

This has been verified to supply the correct voltage where other USB OTG cables might not.

Anyway, I have now hooked this cable up to all my devices (iPhone 15 pro Max, Sony Xperia 1V, Pixel 7 Pro, iPad Pro, and Macbook Pro M3) and I have not had the disappearing screen issue for 2 days. This is a big difference.

Now, is the cable supplied from Hiby not supplying enough juice? Does the firmware have anything to do with it? Who knows... maybe the issue pops up again but seems promising for now. I would imagine there is some kind of voltage regulation happening in the firmware to minimize battery drain.

If this is a fix, it sucks that I had to buy a $30 cable to fix the issue and Hiby has done nothing except try to make me pay to send it back to them.
Is that the same one as available on this page? https://conceptkart.com/products/oeaudio-oeotg-type-c-to-type-c-digital-audio-cable. (it's priced 14 dollars where I live). Thinking of getting one for couple of dac/amp dongles. It's worth it?

Jan 17, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #142 of 228

I am following this and I have raised both issues to headquarters.

Do note that any repair or replacement, and also the return shipping to you, are all free. We currently have no choice about the shipping to us, as we do not have the means to reach return shipping agreements with couriers worldwide.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 18, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #143 of 228
I am following this and I have raised both issues to headquarters.

Do note that any repair or replacement, and also the return shipping to you, are all free. We currently have no choice about the shipping to us, as we do not have the means to reach return shipping agreements with couriers worldwide.
Thanks Joe. I am trying like hell not to send this back. Have you seen issues when playing MQA? Varies by device but it seems if an MQA song comes on an Android device, it immediately garbles up and sounds like a robot. If I toggle os/nos mode it seems to fix for that particular song. But then will have to be done on the next song. On iOS/Mac it doesn’t do the robot thing but the volume drops to super low levels. Again, toggling os/nos will fix that song. Hopefully that is a firmware fixable issue.

Jan 18, 2024 at 6:01 AM Post #144 of 228
Thanks Joe. I am trying like hell not to send this back. Have you seen issues when playing MQA? Varies by device but it seems if an MQA song comes on an Android device, it immediately garbles up and sounds like a robot. If I toggle os/nos mode it seems to fix for that particular song. But then will have to be done on the next song. On iOS/Mac it doesn’t do the robot thing but the volume drops to super low levels. Again, toggling os/nos will fix that song. Hopefully that is a firmware fixable issue.
I consulted headquarters, they also said they should have offered to reimburse your shipping fee already, check your email. Let me ask about this MQA issue.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 18, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #146 of 228
Received this two days ago from the Hiby 50% off sale in December (shipping and customs into Central America is quite the experience- not at all due to Hiby); have been trying it directly running my HD600, and also double-amping it into my Violectric V202 > LCD-XC (2021 edition)- both use cases sound super, though it is still early days. NOS mode is where it has been at since I got it, but will spend a lot more time over the coming days and weeks and see how it compares to other portable items in my collection (Qudelix 5K, IFI Hip Dac V1, Mojo 2)... but for tiny form factor, very pleasing tonality and immersion, and seemingly not excessive battery drain, seems like a great bit of gear for the $150 price tag I paid.

Jan 18, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #147 of 228
I just recently received my FC6 and tried it with my iPhone 13 Pro Max and I can hear an annoying crackling kind of static intermittently while listening to music on Tidal. Anybody else experiencing this noise?
I do get crackling, clicking noise when using my iPhone 13 with FC6. As the audio starts playing(whether it's Tidal or Youtube) the noise seems to be gone.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #148 of 228
Mine crackles while playing from any service on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. It stopped during one session but the next time I tried it the noise was back. Hiby is saying it’s because of the lightning port current limiting but my other, much cheaper dongle has no issues at all. I’m not sure what to do at this point.

Jan 19, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #149 of 228
Mine crackles while playing from any service on my iPhone 13 Pro Max. It stopped during one session but the next time I tried it the noise was back. Hiby is saying it’s because of the lightning port current limiting but my other, much cheaper dongle has no issues at all. I’m not sure what to do at this point.
Assume you have updated to the latest version ( via a windows computer; updating doesn't work on ios or android phone). The first version has the static. I get the occasional static now and then - not much to be a bother unlike your case scenario. Just couldn't find a windows comp to do the updating and since the problem wasn't frequent, i never got around updating.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #150 of 228
That's it! Wish it was 14 here! I have tried out several and this has been the best. I hear some extra clarity but it's not earth shattering. The stability and fit is top notch though.
Ah cool. Will get it. I need it for the stability as the dongles usb thingies (ibasso dc, fc6 whatever) doesn't just cut it for me. THanks.

EDIT: oh crap sold out, Who saw my message link here and got the last units?! will try to search elsewhere.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back