HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Feb 18, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #496 of 643
Hey does anyone have issues with battery drain? When it's on standby, it loses significant power. Even when powered off, it went down to 85% while plugged in to my battery bank that shut off after recharging to 100%. Maybe I have a bad unit? Or my settings aren't set correctly?
Well. mine is not that bad, but it's definetly not 14 hours. With bluetooth I would be closer like... maybe 6. I took it yesterday morning out of charge, full 100% listened music maybe 4 hours and had it on standby maybe 6 and battery was down to 30%.... I guess I can just blame myself, I have hiby's R3 II saber and that was quite a dissapointment, keeps turning itself off when playing etc... I read few reviews of M300 and hope it would be better, but no, not really working like it should. I wanted portable player, and with so lousy battery life it's hardly portable. I can't understand how they sell their super expensive models if the workmanship is so crappy... Compared to my iBasso, which, granted, is double the price, but has worked flawlessly (and is their cheapest dap). I guess there's no way to change the bettry into M300?

Feb 18, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #497 of 643
Hi all!

I'm getting this too. I put the media volume to the max (15), but after some time I see that it changed. Now is at 13. I don't notice any change in sound volume, I only see that it changed when I go to the settings where that value is located. Maybe is a software problem? I'm currently at version 1.30_20240126-1851 and it says that is the latest version.

Another thing: I see that is possible to long press the volume buttons to change the master volume "fast", but I can only do that when the screen is turned on. When the screen is turned off I need to press multiple times. I kind of remember someone here wishing that "long press volume buttons" could do that, but I can't find that comment anymore (maybe it was on some other thread of other product?). Anyway, it would be nice if the "long press volume buttons" function could work when the screen is turned off too (assuming this is not happening just to me). I'm listening to music using the musicolet app and equalizing through the poweramp eq app.

Cheers!:L3000:

Update about the first paragraph: I noticed that the musicolet volume slider controls the media volume and not the master volume (which is controlled by the volume buttons). So maybe that change of the media volume can be caused by the musicolet app changing the volume slider or me accidently changing it the musicolet volume slider.
I notice that the volume that the buttons change keeps changing depending am I using BT or wired connection. With BT the buttons change media volume, So I put the master full on 100 and then change the volume. But if I put wired headphones, then it's suddenly changing the master volume, so I need to go to volumes meny, but the media volume full (15)... I wish the buttons would always change the master volume, So I could just leave the media volume full 15 and change the master with the buttons according to my needs. Instead of it resetting everytime I change from wireless to BT or wiseversa

Feb 18, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #498 of 643
Per Headfonics:
IMG_1335.jpeg
I believe there is a similar comment somewhere from @Joe Bloggs that it has been upgraded for the R3-II.

I have ~13,000 tracks on mine, so not even close…. Also, I’m not sure if this 50k limit applies when you browse by folder.

As for the M300, I believe the limit, if any, depends on which player you use. No limit from Android, but each player app may have its own limits depending how they structure and define the music scan database.
Really, I thgouh I have kept my R3 II saber updated, but had to play through folders... That's one reason I got M300. I can have ALL of my library in it with no troubles (except the initial ones that I had with poweramp, and too large file album art) R3-II's battery is better though...

Feb 24, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #499 of 643
Welp, got one of these as I could care less what it sounded like I just wanted a small device with play services to run uapp off BT to my WHXM4 as I like this setup on my S21U but forgot a key item the 21U has, sound assistant. My volume steps on the 21U are literally 50. Really tunes in that sweet spot for BT. But I also had some issues regardless.

Pros:
1. Small
2. Screen is fine
3. Micro SD (regardless of what format my music is just chucked the whole NAS's library on a 1TB SD with no issues)
4. Physical controls (though sometimes they went nuts without the case)
5. USB C
6. Screen protector out of the box
7. Android 13 with play services (with a real slim OS)

Cons:
1. Stock case: (cost extra) seems to small so if you squeeze the case slightly while holding the device it will push all the buttons.
2. The hold switch rattles
3. Battery: I don't know how it is with 3.5 as I did not do that but BT smokes it.
4. Size (to me it's to small for my eyes personally)

So basically the case, battery, sound steps, size didn't work well for me but the device as a whole is very competent.

Feb 25, 2024 at 2:52 AM Post #500 of 643
Has anyone here properly tested the FM radio and voice recorder ? Mine are basically not functional. I can only pick up a faint signal from a couple of stations, mostly just static and loud feedback sounds. My Sony A55 is crystal clear in comparison.

On the voice recorder the left and right channel are constantly dropping out and it sounds like there is a bird chirping into the mic. Makes me think there is some sort of interference from a component in the m300.

Feb 25, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #502 of 643
can the hiby m300 be charged with a charger that has 9.1A and 40W?
If it's just a normal usb charger the phone will only take what it needs which is 5v 2a for this device.

Feb 25, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #504 of 643
This does not look like a normal USB charger: 40W / 9.1A = 4.4V
Are you sure about these numbers? :ksc75smile:
Huh, maybe your right @houaiss does your charger have any info on it like this?

5V-3A / 9V-3A / 15V-3A / 20V-5A / 28V-5A

Feb 27, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #505 of 643
Has anyone here properly tested the FM radio and voice recorder ? Mine are basically not functional. I can only pick up a faint signal from a couple of stations, mostly just static and loud feedback sounds. My Sony A55 is crystal clear in comparison.

On the voice recorder the left and right channel are constantly dropping out and it sounds like there is a bird chirping into the mic. Makes me think there is some sort of interference from a component in the m300.
Anyone ?

Feb 28, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #508 of 643
PXL_20240229_001312575.PORTRAIT.jpg

I'm quite impressed by this mighty little DAP. It has excellent synergy with IE300/IE600. Match made in heaven. 🤩 Build quality is also excellent and lightweight.

Very fun, organic, and non-fatiguing musical sound with good enough detail and wide soundstage. Typical Cirus Logic sound, warm and inviting, almost R-2R like. :ksc75smile:

Size is perfect and it checks a lot of the boxes for me. Perfect for on-the-go listening and travel. I have more expensive DAPs but this holds its own and is just as enjoyable. 👍

The mic and speaker is useless to me. My only wish for next iteration is they replace the terrible speaker with 4.4m balanced jack and improve battery performance. Right now I'm averaging maybe little over ~10 hours on WiFi and DLNA streaming.

I don't think they should target this player just for Gen Z, I enjoy this very much as a millennial/audiophile.

P.S. don't tell HiBy, but I think their sub-brand makes better products. 😅 This sounds better than HiBy R6 2020 tbh. 😏

Edit: I am able to get a full charge to 100% in less than an hour so that's a plus 👍

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #509 of 643
I think it's important to set the right expectations for this DAP. For high efficient single DD, I think this will drive perfectly fine. But if you try to drive planar you might be disappointed. I'm not talking about loudness but control, punch, and dynamic impact. I tested a few different IEMs last night including some hybrid/tribrid and it sounded flat and lifeless. Ended up just sticking with my IE300 and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #510 of 643
Huh, maybe your right @houaiss does your charger have any info on it like this?

5V-3A / 9V-3A / 15V-3A / 20V-5A / 28V-5A
hahaha I dont understand these correlations of those values. I was just typing what I was seeing in the case of the charger. Now I'm thinking that this charger is not so trustable haha either way from what I understood is that the it doesn't matter how "strong" is the charger since the m300 will only take it what it can take, so I'll just use the charger that it came with my cellphone since it must be of better quality. :smile_phones:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back