hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central
Mar 11, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #423 of 713
So here we are again, committed to the psychiatric ward. Don't know for how long, but they treat me well here so this time around could be a game changer.

Mar 11, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #425 of 713
Man that is rough. Hope you get better...hope you have some people to support you too.

Thanks man

This is a new ward for me. They seem nicer than in other places though.

Edit: Damn, things feels a lot easier when I have another nutcase to talk to, but when it's dark and the lights go out, it becomes almost unbearable. The staff is absolutely one of the best psych staff I've been through and I've been to several psych wards in the recent decades. ****. I wish there was an off switch on me.

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjB0UfviG_U[/VIDEO]

The obligatory Swedish music from your resident Swedish **** up.

Also, as a bonus, the illest lyricist alive:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vYnas6q3Sg[/VIDEO]

Mar 16, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #426 of 713
Damn. Here I am about to complain about my first sleepless night preparing proposal documents and stuff for submission in a couple hours... And CdC is havingas rougher time.

Stay together man. Be the raging river that erodes the earth.

Well at least before humans came along with their fancy dams and such.

But then you can be a hurricane or something next!

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:18 PM Post #427 of 713
Hang in there, CdC! 
thumbsup.gif

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #428 of 713
Thanks my friends. I had my first session of ECT in ten years today. The feeling is ... indescribable. Like a bad hangover with no regrets. Headache, tired, you feel like you've fought the wrong sumo, yet you know you've done nothing wrong, no alcohol and that this beating is for your health.

Mar 18, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #429 of 713
That sounds kinda rough. I'm glad to hear you're doing something positive for yourself, though. I hope that it goes well and that the benefits of such therapy outweigh any mental or physical stresses it puts on you.

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #431 of 713
Russian writer Leo Tolstoy in his 50-s wanted to commit suicide being mentally and physically healthy. His crisis was a necessary lesson which led him to discover life in Inner Self through the path of self-renunciation. He described his experience in his book A Confession.

Written in 1879–80, and published two years later, this work is written by a 51-year-old Tolstoy who looks back, considering his life thusfar a failure (despite his tremendous success and status as a writer, having already published War and Peace and Anna Karenina). Chapters 4-7 deal with a period during which he struggled with suicide. 

It had come to this, that I, a healthy, fortunate man, felt I could no longer live: some irresistible power impelled me to rid myself one way or other of life. I cannot say I *wished* to kill myself. The power which drew me away from life was stronger, fuller, and more widespread than any mere wish. It was a force similar to the former striving to live, only in a contrary direction. All my strength drew me away from life. The thought of self-destruction now came to me as naturally as thoughts of how to improve my life had come formerly. and it was seductive that I had to be cunning with myself lest I should carry it out too hastily. I did not wish to hurry, because I wanted to use all efforts to disentangle the matter. "If I cannot unravel matters, there will always be time." and it was then that I, a man favoured by fortune, hid a cord from myself lest I should hang myself from the crosspiece of the partition in my room where I undressed alone every evening, and I ceased to go out shooting with a gun lest I should be tempted by so easy a way of ending my life. I did not myself know what I wanted: I feared life, desired to escape from it, yet still hoped something of it.

And all this befell me at a time when all around me I had what is considered complete good fortune. I was not yet fifty; I had a good wife who loved me and whom I loved, good children, and a large estate which without much effort on my part improved and increased. I was respected by my relations and acquaintances more than at any previous time. I was praised by others and without much self- deception could consider that my name was famous. And far from being insane or mentally diseased, I enjoyed on the contrary a strength of mind and body such as I have seldom met with among men of my kind; physically I could keep up with the peasants at mowing, and mentally I could work for eight and ten hours at a stretch without experiencing any ill results from such exertion. And in this situation I came to this - that I could not live, and, fearing death, had to employ cunning with myself to avoid taking my own life.

My mental condition presented itself to me in this way: my life is a stupid and spiteful joke someone has played on me. Though I did not acknowledge a "someone" who created me, yet such a presentation - that someone had played an evil and stupid joke on my by placing me in the world - was the form of expression that suggested itself most naturally to me.

Mar 23, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #432 of 713
Thanks my friends. I had my first session of ECT in ten years today. The feeling is ... indescribable. Like a bad hangover with no regrets. Headache, tired, you feel like you've fought the wrong sumo, yet you know you've done nothing wrong, no alcohol and that this beating is for your health.

Ten years is really very good, you should give yourself credit for that! You know it'll get easier further through the course and even the memory aspect gets better some time after the sessions. Good luck and stick with it 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2015 at 5:30 PM Post #433 of 713
Though this is probably undiplomatic, I need to jump in here and say that ECT is something I'm strongly opposed to. I'm not just speaking from the peanut gallery here. A few years ago I actually fought a state hospital to keep them from shocking a friend of mine. But I'll probably keep my mouth shut beyond this post, because this is not something I'm neutral on, in any sense.

In my opinion the benefits are generally short term, and the side effects can be long term or permanent. Also, the psychiatric establishment (in the US specifically in this particular point, but maybe other places as well) has bypassed FDA regulation for safety testing.

For the "anti" side of the argument, with some good evidence, here are some resources:

http://www.ect.org (not updated in quite a while, but a large quantity of content)
http://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Deception-about-Shock-Treatment/dp/0813544416/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427318735&sr=8-1&keywords=Doctors+of+Deception

Mar 27, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #435 of 713
I don't know. Been here doing the ect narc dance a couple of weeks already, still I go suicidal to my hospital bed. If anything, I love getting sedated but that's it. I have some friends who care though, but my parents kicked me out while in hospital so when they kick me to the curb from psych, I'll be homeless. Oh well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back