hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central
Feb 9, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #391 of 713
http://toon-workshop.com/

Crazy for this, but that price though....

I mean, how can I not want this????

Just like how I want the Mo-Fi, because it's some sort of weird hedonistic overengineering decadence.

Unless if it sounds absolutely crap. Like the Beyer Custom One Pro. Not worth the vain and petty reason such as "It has printable art plates!!". On the other hand, the M100 too almost seem not worth it for me for the same petty reason. The M100 at least doesn't sound like a mess of variable bassport eldritch amalgamation. Kudos to VModa for making a great sounding bassy headphones.

That looks awesome!!!

What's the price?!

Feb 10, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #393 of 713
Last week I went on a date, and had a "sort of" date with another on sunday. The first one I thought of as a keeper, but I'm kind of changing my mind on that one, she just simply ignores me far too much. I mean, she's very active in asking me out and so on, but when she takes two days between messages I start thinking something is wrong, and I move on. On the other hand, I'm partly to blame for that, but seriously, it's not a biggie, just incompatibility, I suppose.

The other one I met was Ms Trouble; Ms 50 Shades. Unless she is totally manipulating me here, I had pegged all wrong. She seems a bit bizarre in bed (I have not touched her, just talked to and had a coffee with), or should we call it "eccentric", however she seems both nice and wise (and almost militantly feministic, and I guess that's why she wants to take what she wants in bed) in real life. A super nice girl with some mental instabilities, like me, but that's also where and why it ends for me already there: I've just come from a broken relationship, I can't handle two broken people in one relationship again, it's just far too destructive.

We joke around about that us two would ultimately kill us. I think we both know that it would quite literally kill us. I'm okay with dying, but not at the hands of depression led by a bad relationship. I'm taking ownership of my own depression and suicidality here.

Anyway, this thursday I have a more "pronounced physical date" with someone, and she's more or less a keeper too and while we know we're starting at the "less usual" end of it, we said "Screw it, let's try it this way, and whatever happens, happens". Basically: carpe diem. I can understand that this will rub some people the wrong way. **** it. Not my problem, and we are two adults looking at some good times. Who knows, maybe something really great will grow out of this, but in case it doesn't, we'll always have Paris.

Feb 10, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #396 of 713
Wow, so there is a weird thing going in Sweden.

We have a large forum over here called Flashback Forum. Out of 9 million people, 1 million are registered on Flashback Forum. It's meant for discussing anything and everything, even those less politically correct subjects that are usually not very welcome at other places. However, it's not only drugs, right wing extremism, bullying and organized crime that takes place there - there's everything from news, to headphones, to computers, to coding, to cars, to cooking, to filesharing, to gardening and so on. It's a forum, not much unlike this one, but with a very high ceiling for what's allowed to discuss.

However, one thing that's always been very important for Flashback is anonymity; people are directly discouraged to out themselves, to give out emails openly and so on. The thing about Flashback is that there are quite a few "less than willing to be found" people over there, and while it's okay with me, I wouldn't want my social security number to be outed there, especially when I am rather left on the political scale, and quite vocal towards certain criminal ********.

On to the weird part, apparently Flashback was hacked by a group of Leftie Political Criminals (they're just as bad scumbags as rightie political criminals, doing the exact same violent things, just the opposite in political stance), presented by nice looking faces and politically correct viewpoints. Fine by me, if they wanted to out child raping pedophiles or racists and murderers in politics... if it wasn't for the fact that they have linked MY freaking identity to SOMEONE ELSES account and vice versa - which is hugely NOT OK, since I have NO IDEA what that person has said or done on Flashback, and no one else is supposed to have to stand for my aggressions towards certain criminals and their actions towards their victims! 

What's even worse is that our biggest newspaper has bought a dump of this database, and are releasing information about people openly on their website, causing some people to lose their jobs and possibly quite a bit more than that. This is especially worrying since they have my identity, and they have said to do more pieces on racists, online bullying, pedophiles and whatnot. So, theoretically, I could have to have my name on a newspaper for things I haven't said or done.

I can see the point in hanging out politicians and elected people in higher power positions, however, one was a doctor until he got fired for a stupid racial slur on Flashback. Not that I defend his right to say stupid slurs on Flashback, but I am definitely going to defend his right to anonymity! It's not even defended by national security interests or anything - it's a modern witch hunt lead by the largest newspaper in Sweden, and it's freaking weird for a country that is so adamant about defending and upholding the right to privacy and personal integrity.

In principle, this is not ok. This is far beyond not ok.

Also, yeah, Welcome to Scandinavia where our biggest problems are linked to online forums. Spoiled brats, perhaps, but we do value our personal integrity - something we have historically been extremely proud of.

/Angry rant

Feb 10, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #397 of 713
We joke around about that us two would ultimately kill us. I think we both know that it would quite literally kill us. I'm okay with dying, but not at the hands of depression led by a bad relationship. I'm taking ownership of my own depression and suicidality here.

This stuck out to me, for reasons unclear, but if I were to have a shot at why, it's because I see it as you admitting you have a problem, and taking control of it not to kill you.

Sure, now that I reread what I typed, it is just a rehash of what you said, but IDK. I have to say it the way my preference is. It just seems so... "moving forwards"-y.

Wow, so there is a weird thing going in Sweden.

We have a large forum over here called Flashback Forum. Out of 9 million people, 1 million are registered on Flashback Forum. It's meant for discussing anything and everything, even those less politically correct subjects that are usually not very welcome at other places. However, it's not only drugs, right wing extremism, bullying and organized crime that takes place there - there's everything from news, to headphones, to computers, to coding, to cars, to cooking, to filesharing, to gardening and so on. It's a forum, not much unlike this one, but with a very high ceiling for what's allowed to discuss.

However, one thing that's always been very important for Flashback is anonymity; people are directly discouraged to out themselves, to give out emails openly and so on. The thing about Flashback is that there are quite a few "less than willing to be found" people over there, and while it's okay with me, I wouldn't want my social security number to be outed there, especially when I am rather left on the political scale, and quite vocal towards certain criminal ********.

On to the weird part, apparently Flashback was hacked by a group of Leftie Political Criminals (they're just as bad scumbags as rightie political criminals, doing the exact same violent things, just the opposite in political stance), presented by nice looking faces and politically correct viewpoints. Fine by me, if they wanted to out child raping pedophiles or racists and murderers in politics... if it wasn't for the fact that they have linked MY freaking identity to SOMEONE ELSES account and vice versa - which is hugely NOT OK, since I have NO IDEA what that person has said or done on Flashback, and no one else is supposed to have to stand for my aggressions towards certain criminals and their actions towards their victims! 

What's even worse is that our biggest newspaper has bought a dump of this database, and are releasing information about people openly on their website, causing some people to lose their jobs and possibly quite a bit more than that. This is especially worrying since they have my identity, and they have said to do more pieces on racists, online bullying, pedophiles and whatnot. So, theoretically, I could have to have my name on a newspaper for things I haven't said or done.

I can see the point in hanging out politicians and elected people in higher power positions, however, one was a doctor until he got fired for a stupid racial slur on Flashback. Not that I defend his right to say stupid slurs on Flashback, but I am definitely going to defend his right to anonymity! It's not even defended by national security interests or anything - it's a modern witch hunt lead by the largest newspaper in Sweden, and it's freaking weird for a country that is so adamant about defending and upholding the right to privacy and personal integrity.

In principle, this is not ok. This is far beyond not ok.

Also, yeah, Welcome to Scandinavia where our biggest problems are linked to online forums. Spoiled brats, perhaps, but we do value our personal integrity - something we have historically been extremely proud of.

/Angry rant

I've been seeing this mentioned a lot at a few part of the internet where I waste my time, but this seems like one of the better examples of the horseshoe theory. It's fair to say that crazies are going to destroy the world; if not instantly, then I assume it's already in way slowly over centuries.

Feb 11, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #398 of 713
This stuck out to me, for reasons unclear, but if I were to have a shot at why, it's because I see it as you admitting you have a problem, and taking control of it not to kill you.

Sure, now that I reread what I typed, it is just a rehash of what you said, but IDK. I have to say it the way my preference is. It just seems so... "moving forwards"-y.
I've been seeing this mentioned a lot at a few part of the internet where I waste my time, but this seems like one of the better examples of the horseshoe theory. It's fair to say that crazies are going to destroy the world; if not instantly, then I assume it's already in way slowly over centuries.

Perhaps. I just typed out a long response here only to realise how morbid this discussion has become. In short: I agree.

Sorry Mupps, this isn't the place.

BTW Mupps, what do you think about RTJ2? I've had it on loop far longer than I usually have hiphop records. Last time was probably El-P's production The Ox Vein?

Feb 26, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #404 of 713
I like Anna, bought one of her albums last year. I actually like a lot of folk coming out of Sweden, Jose Gonzales among these.

Gonzales is very good. I wonder if you know about Annika Norlin (Hello Saferide, Säkert!)? I recommend this song in particular: Hello Saferide - Dad Told Me

She's apparently good at getting her stuff off youtube, so I couldn't find it there, but it's available on Spotify. If you can't get a hold of it, have a glance this cool video:

I don't think the song in itself is all that good to be honest, but the video is pretty rad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back