HF1 vs HF2
May 22, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by eugenius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's more than double the price and less than double the performance. Yet both give you wood.

HA!
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by .coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is pretty much one of the most ridiculous threads here. You are asking a question about a headphone which has not been released, about an issue that nobody cares about (loudness).

You are definitely on to something there!
popcorn.gif
wink.gif

May 22, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #19 of 25
I heard that there will be a pair of HF2 laying on a table, being used as the meet's PA system for announcements.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

May 27, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard that there will be a pair of HF2 laying on a table, being used as the meet's PA system for announcements.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

No, there's going to be a full range speaker made from HF2 drivers, playing vinyl and as you pass by it, the fumes of hype (vinyl?) that it gives off will make you a junkie too!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #22 of 25
For good reason, the hype and frenzy to talk about a hot topic with nothing to compare is just comical. It does aid in getting people to put up their money but that is another topic for another time.

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #23 of 25
now that the DUST has settled, I re-bought a Grado HF-1 used and heard it for the first time since 2006. HF-1 was the first headphone I loved, and now I remember why. 
Between HF-2 and HF-1, I must say I prefer the 1. 
The plastic + wood combo is better for me than wood + aluminum. that's superficial tho. 
HF1, it is smooth and fast for rock, always enjoyable ... HF-2 had better individual qualities like timbre and separation, had a bigger sound and was a more serious can, great for jazz. However I already have some serious headphones so I sold it pretty quick. 
Buying used the HF-2 is gonna be pretty close in price to the 1, only by $100-$150 usually. While it is technically better, I prefer the 1. Why? 
 Because HF-1 I can use portably, walking on the street or jogging. I chose it over the RS-1 for that reason. It maintains some of the qualities of the top RS grado cans with the casualness of the cheaper models. Wearing it you are wearing a 'secret' that no one knows will sound that good. it is a deceptive bugger. 
so I love my HF-1, it is the best Grado for me, has everything I like in a Grado. it is not 'audiophile' as the other top grados.but it has its own vibe that you will fall in love with. No one talks about it because it's long out of P and HF-2 its big brother has come out. but if you are looking for a special can, a 'joe pesci' who packs a mean and smart punch, I recommend you snatch it up if it comes used in the forums

Jun 26, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #25 of 25

Quote:
impressive, you bumped a 2 year old thread for that. :)

Better than starting a new one, no? :wink:

At any rate, thanks for the impressions, Andrew!  As someone who came away extremely impressed by the HF-2 it's fun to read how other cans compare to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back