HF-2
Aug 28, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #917 of 1,149
^^^^Aaaaarrrrrggghhhhh..... I'm 6040. About a month ago Todd told me mine should ship on the 21st. Two weeks later...and I'm still waiting.... Really really really really starting to get annoyed/antsy....more on the antsy side. Just need to make sure I keep enough cash in the old checking account.

Aug 28, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #918 of 1,149
#6065 here. Ordered on July 8. Looks like its getting close!

Problem is my account doesn't have enough for them atm, and it won't do until 17th September. So I hope they're not charged for before then :X

Aug 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #920 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
something no one has mentioned yet is, the wooden housing, mine is rough if you look thru the mesh. Like a Late Friday, is everyones like that or are some smooth?

I received my HF2's yesterday, #277. The inside of the cups are indeed unfinished. Regarding the RS-1's I think I was the only one who mentioned that my Late Friday RS-1 had unfinished cups. Out of the dozens of pics I've seen on Head-Fi of older RS-1's, all of them appeared to have finished inside cups with the exception of one. When I emailed Grado about my unfinished cups, I got a response that there was nothing wrong with them and it shouldn't affect the sound.

I also noticed with my HF2 that there is some sort of writing in red on the inside of the cups. I can't make out what it is. I believe someone had also mentioned it and suggested it was the serial number but it is definitely not.

As for the sound, it's inevitable to immediately compare the HF2 to the RS1. More bass, slightly wider sound stage, but has some shortcomings. I'm letting them burn in for a while before I attempt a side by side comparison.

Aug 29, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #922 of 1,149
Xan7hos congrats on the expected HF-2 and the shipping notice!

I can report that as for my shipping notice...

.....Well,.....I got no such thing today.

Congrats and happy listenin'

Aug 29, 2009 at 4:34 AM Post #923 of 1,149
Order #6005 shipped today. Managed to shoehorn a pair of Jumbos into the box before it left the building.

RS1i, flats, bowls, taped bowls and RA1 is already the house, and a Maha charger plus 4x 9.6V NiMH is ordered from thomasdistributing*. The grand plan is to run a good long comparo this fall, hopefully also with a MAD Ear+ at some point. Should be ready for my first shootout style review-ish post after that.

*) When ordering from them, grab their 5% off. I stumbled upon it when doing a search at these forums:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f90/ma...5/#post3777579

Aug 29, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #924 of 1,149
Got my HF-2 this past Monday and spent some time listening to them. They do have a wide soundstage and mids that are smooth and warm to my ears. They definitely surpass my HF-1's as they can sound a little harsh with some recordings. Bass on the HF-2 sounds full and has some weight to it but not muddy at all.

Appearance wise, my HF-2's does have some really minor blemishes on the aluminum cups but they aren't severe enough give me any grief. No large blemishes as those shown in some of the pics in this thread appear on my cans so I'm a bit relieved. There was a little chemical residue from the chemical etching process on the aluminum cup but I managed to wipe them clean with a damp paper towel.

All in all I'm happy with my purchase of HF-2 #330 and am now enjoying listening to them. I can imagine that they will only improve with a little burn in.

Aug 29, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #925 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
#6065 here. Ordered on July 8. Looks like its getting close!

Problem is my account doesn't have enough for them atm, and it won't do until 17th September. So I hope they're not charged for before then :X

I'd suggest you clear this up asap, especially if it's a CC payment which I imagine it is since Paypal would have been paid already. Go over the limit on a CC is a big no-no which at best will result in silly fees. Make a payment early if you have to in order to open the necessary amount.

Maybe contact Todd and let him know if there's no way for you to clear the necessary amount for the payment, maybe he can delay the charge and shipment.

Aug 29, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #926 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It has a slight treble roll off. This makes it lack the sparkle that other Grados have, but it also makes it sound considerably warmer and more pleasing. Its a mixed bag if I like it or not. I guess I have to say that it is just different. Not better or worse.

I always find it interesting to hear comments like this. In my opinion, the HF-2's are voiced bright, and have quite a bit of "sparkle" going on. Not as much as, say, the 325i's, but they are certainly brighter than my other headphones. Clearly, differing perceptions like this are due to pure mechanical differences from person to person.

Aug 29, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #927 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMan007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd suggest you clear this up asap, especially if it's a CC payment which I imagine it is since Paypal would have been paid already. Go over the limit on a CC is a big no-no which at best will result in silly fees. Make a payment early if you have to in order to open the necessary amount.

Maybe contact Todd and let him know if there's no way for you to clear the necessary amount for the payment, maybe he can delay the charge and shipment.

It's not credit card, just debit. So there won't be any fees, it will just be refused.

I think I'll just convince my mother to lend me some money
wink.gif

Aug 29, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #929 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always find it interesting to hear comments like this. In my opinion, the HF-2's are voiced bright, and have quite a bit of "sparkle" going on. Not as much as, say, the 325i's, but they are certainly brighter than my other headphones. Clearly, differing perceptions like this are due to pure mechanical differences from person to person.

Source played a big part. I switched opamps and treble was no longer rolled off and some sparkle was back. The treble does still feel bit restricted and unairy, almost veiled (HUGE EXAGGERATION), but thats because they just have less power in the presence frequencies, In 1-10Khz that is. SR225 and SA5000 has those frequencies enhanced noticeably to give them more airy and sharp sound and I am so attuned to listening this kind of sound. Perhaps burn-in might HF2 but so far I still say that in frequency response HF2 is clearly in the warm side of fence. Atleast compared to headphones I have now.

Aug 29, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #930 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm order 6041...getting close...

I'm 96 orders (6137) after you, will be waiting awhile yet...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back