HF-2
Jul 27, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #587 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't count on returns, either. If someone doesn't like their pair, it'll probably end up in the For Sale Forum, and likely for more than they paid.

Doesn't the original price include $30 or $40 going to the forum? It seems wrong to charge for that when the seller would most likely have no intention of donating that to the forum!

I can see people wanting to at least get their money back, but charging even /more/ doesn't seem right!

Jul 27, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #588 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy-starnuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see people wanting to at least get their money back, but charging even /more/ doesn't seem right!

Of course it's not right.
frown.gif
The sadder part is that people will still buy..

Jul 27, 2009 at 11:54 PM Post #589 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course it's not right.
frown.gif
The sadder part is that people will still buy..

Yup. But such is the case with any collector's item...

Jul 28, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #590 of 1,149
For all you guys in the US who are wanting e-mail responses, just call the man. He has answered the phone himself every time I have called except once, and I've probably called about 7-8 times this year. He's pleasant and knowledgeable, and I've yet to feel like he was busy and wanted me to get off the phone. He and the nice lady who answered the phone the other time both seemed to have my order details right at hand, and fully answered my questions. International callers, well, maybe try out one of those internet phone services.

Click on page one of this thread, his phone number is in his sig.

Jul 28, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #591 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by tenzip /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For all you guys in the US who are wanting e-mail responses, just call the man.

I know I can call him, and he's definitely pleasant to talk to and very calm. It's just that I feel weird knowing he's going to tell me that it's already been added to my order (because it probably has) when I haven't gotten an e-mail confirmation of it.
confused_face_2.gif
TTVJ definitely reads and addresses all of their e-mails, it's the rarity of their written responses that confuses me (at least to me).

Jul 28, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #593 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...any guesses to when I'll get mine?....

Earlier than I'll get mine.
wink_face.gif

In all honesty I ordered on 07/12 and am expecting it to be shipped out either 08/21 (unlike) or 08/28 (more plausible) based on educated guesswork (more guesswork than educated).

Jul 28, 2009 at 3:13 AM Post #594 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy-starnuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't the original price include $30 or $40 going to the forum? It seems wrong to charge for that when the seller would most likely have no intention of donating that to the forum!

Um... huh?

You pay $430 for the headphones, plus $10-$20 or more shipping. Regardless of where that money went you should try to recoup as much of it as possible in the FS forum. And the logic that you should then send an additional $40 to head-fi makes zero sense.

I don't begrudge anyone trying to sell these for more than they paid for them, either. If you find a buyer for $800, so be it. Good luck trying, though...

Jul 28, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #595 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_d_m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered on May 30th, but have yet to receive any shipping notice.

I ordered May 29 and no shipping confirmation yet.

Jul 28, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #597 of 1,149
Ordered May 30th... No shipping notice, but HF-2 arrived today!
icon10.gif

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #598 of 1,149
Wow, I ordered mine 2 days (28 May) before you (bluiz) and they haven't even shipped out yet. Not only that, I payed using paypal, which means Todd got my money right away. Right now I am really not happy (not with you, of course).

So much for first come, first serve. Obviously I should have payed with my credit card.

Jul 28, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #599 of 1,149
From the day I ordered, until the day I received (used 2nd day fedex) it took 9 weeks, 3 days. I had completely forgotten about them by the time they arrived, so it was pretty fun
smily_headphones1.gif

biged - call Todd, and see whats up I'm sure he'll settle things out.

Jul 28, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #600 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueiz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered May 30th... No shipping notice, but HF-2 arrived today!
icon10.gif

Personally, I like the rush it gave me when I found out the HF2 had arrived without any advance shipping notice or confirmation. It's a real surprise that way
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back