HF-2
Aug 27, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #872 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by myk7000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
el doug, what did you expect?

i'm not sure
frown.gif

I guess I just live in lala-land, as one of the few (sole?) people who sees the trading forum as a way to help other members experience gear, as opposed to a means of generating profit. I can't tell you how many offers I accept when I sell off gear, when I know I could do better if I waited a month

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #874 of 1,149
I'm not going to tell others what they should be doing, but how about this idea:
1. Sell the HF-2 (or similar item) for as much as you can get.
2. If you made any profit, donate it to charities, schools, etc.

You don't have to feel guilty, nobody gets mad at you, and flippers don't get to make money off of your deal.

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #875 of 1,149
Well, I'll tell you that if there is an HF-3, they should require more than 5 posts but, eh...I would require at least 200 posts...just a suggestion to John and Todd and the HF-3 could use metal on the rod holders and maybe a nice wooden box...make it a collectible. I am very appreciative of the HF-2 but just suggesting some things for the future---and....I wait for my purchased hf2s while all others are selling and buying and selling again...this has been a Grado HF-2/PS1000 summer!

Thanks for the insight Grawk and myk7000, I apprecate it.

Aug 27, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #876 of 1,149
I started to listen to my out of the box. Has some of that Grado sound I like but a little bit better. Mids are better, highs are toned down and bass is more controlled. Tried it w/ some Chris Pierce, Jake Shimbukuro, Jack Johnson, and Afro Cuban All Stars. Instruments seem to have more clarity and separation, if that makes any sense. Let the burn in begin.

Aug 27, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #877 of 1,149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'll tell you that if there is an HF-3, they should require more than 5 posts but, eh...I would require at least 200 posts...just a suggestion to John and Todd and the HF-3 could use metal on the rod holders and maybe a nice wooden box...make it a collectible. I am very appreciative of the HF-2 but just suggesting some things for the future---and....I wait for my purchased hf2s while all others are selling and buying and selling again...this has been a Grado HF-2/PS1000 summer!

Thanks for the insight Grawk and myk7000, I apprecate it.

200 seems a bit much. I've been a member here for three years and just read posts for even longer, yet I only have 25 posts so far.

I really appreciate Grado making the HF2s and don't plan on selling them. If I do sell them, I'd be happy just to get back exactly what I paid.

Aug 27, 2009 at 10:30 AM Post #878 of 1,149
One letter spelling error on a limited edition can that has similar SQ to the RS1 and other top of the line Grado cans,and people are actually sending them back?
confused_face_2.gif
And John,a man admired for his unphazed integrity.Offers $10 from each head phone sold.I far as i'm concerned he can print "fancy shmancy cans" on his HPs and they will still sell.

Aug 27, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #880 of 1,149
burn in is for loooosers! I've been listening to them since they came out of the box - mighty fine, nice contrast with my senns; bass and crunchy mids - more top end power too. I like them, alot!

Aug 27, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #881 of 1,149
Got mine yesterday. Sound is better than expected and very different from my RS-1's (much more upfront and the bass is comparatively sloppy). I'm doing some burn-in and will refrain from further comment for now...

As far as build quality, mine have some minor nicks in the cups and sloppy glue...but no real problems here (and I'm pretty picky about that kind of stuff).

Aug 27, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #882 of 1,149
Hoo boy! They are waiting a the customs now. Couldnt get them today because I had to go to get oil changed in my car. Crap. But tomorrow after work... damn, it will be a long day at work.

Aug 27, 2009 at 5:27 PM Post #884 of 1,149
#238 finally arrived in Manila...Thank God its got less dings and smudges than I expected. Its not perfect, but its a beautiful and very photogenic pair of cans.

On another note, the driver area (between the exposed middle area of the bowls) has some dark spots...kinda like the under area is wet. This is in both sides. Doesnt seem to affect the sound though. Just wondering if anyone else has this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back