HF-2 errors making anyone shy away?
Jul 7, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #137 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucsf2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look at all these lawyers, "Quick! Someone keycite that!"

From your response it seems fair to assume that your source is your ass.

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #138 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by ucsf2012 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look at all these lawyers, "Quick! Someone keycite that!"

I'm so glad you didn't say "Shepardize."

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #139 of 187
If any other batches have F1 it will be the next if its already en route to Todd. I think your safe for perfection
biggrin.gif

Im going to bed now so it will be tuesday and I can finally hear what is going to be the response to this which started saturday night?

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #141 of 187
so we have official respond now, and it stays the same as what I got initially from Grado email but rephrased more politely by Todd.
Even so I personally would not cancel order, as for me sound is what is most important in headphones, same as with cars - comfort and performance and with cameras - picture quality. But I disappointed in overall approach taken by Grado to the headphones that suppose to be made specially for "Head-FI" community... even so it will be still very special headphones for most of "head-fi"ers in one or other way.
By the way I like "F1" races but would prefer this misspelling in my car name!
beerchug.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #142 of 187
I just confirmed my order with Todd. I'm not too pleased with the F1 error, but hey, at least it makes me feel better that 480 other units will also have this mistake. Also, seeing that the limit will now be 500 units max will make them that much more valuable.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #143 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by igor_f /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so we have official respond now, and it stays the same as what I got initially from Grado email but rephrased more politely by Todd.
Even so I personally would not cancel order, as for me sound is what is most important in headphones, same as with cars - comfort and performance and with cameras - picture quality. But I disappointed in overall approach taken by Grado to the headphones that suppose to be made specially for "Head-FI" community... even so it will be still very special headphones for most of "head-fi"ers in one or other way.
beerchug.gif

This is a real shame indeed. A special commemoration will forever be left tainted. Grado's an amateur company and makes decisions as such. Every major corporation would've scrapped the flawed shells and requested new ones. Given the prompt reply of Todd's message, I doubt Grado even contacted the manufacturer of the shells to discuss remaking them. Had the iPhone been mispainted as the jphone, Apple'd remake them. Had BMW product looked a bit like BMVV, it'd be redone.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #144 of 187
Quote:

beerchug.gif

"Take it or leave it -- and now you have even less time to decide," is polite?
confused.gif

Not saying the error is a final deal breaker, but the attitude kind of leaves a bad taste in the mouth, don't you think? Well, head-fi gets another $10 for each phone, so I guess that's a bonus. At least the sum total of such a token gesture will add up to something substantial for head-fi.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #145 of 187
Quote:

"Take it or leave it -- and now you have even less time to decide," is polite?

Not saying the error is a final deal breaker, but the attitude kind of leaves a bad taste in the mouth, don't you think? Well, head-fi gets another $10 for each phone, so I guess that's a bonus. At least the sum total of such a token gesture will add up to something substantial for head-fi.

I dont see how the Todds response was unpolite?

I do understand the decision though. They already have all the needed cups right there in the factory, and while they do have a one letter engraving error, it doesnt exactly destroy the headphones functionality in any level. If HF2 would be a part of the standard line-up, story would be different but since this is quick special run with allready preset timetable (and made for customers who mostly care about sound first), sending them all back isnt that feasible. And they have to take care of their own line and Alessandro series at the same time with very limited personel.

So, we have to take HF2 for what it is basically: (hopefully) kickass sounding headphone and that is all.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #146 of 187
Confirmed my order with Todd. If all the non-canjam HF2s are "F1s" then I really won't feel too badly about the typo.

I really don't care about appreciation once production on these ceases; I wouldn't mind, however, being able to sell them for what I paid if life takes one of those turns and I have to sell off things that I otherwise would cherish forever (in lieu of, say, a kidney). If there's going to be only 500 made and 475 or so have the typo, the typo isn't going to devalue these.

That said, I look forward to holding on to these, preferably for a good lifetime, and giving 'em lots of lubs.

Thanks Todd!

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #147 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont see how the Todds response was unpolite?

I do understand the decision though. They already have all the needed cups right there in the factory, and while they do have a one letter engraving error, it doesnt exactly destroy the headphones functionality in any level. If HF2 would be a part of the standard line-up, story would be different but since this is quick special run with allready preset timetable (and made for customers who mostly care about sound first), sending them all back isnt that feasible. And they have to take care of their own line and Alessandro series at the same time with very limited personel.

So, we have to take HF2 for what it is basically: (hopefully) kickass sounding headphone and that is all.

It's not a huge deal. It just came across to me as a little bit "take it or leave it." Yeah, they "apologize for the error, but..." etc. and they made a token gesture to give more to head-fi, so it is what it is. I guess I just expected a little bit more since this was billed as such a "special" item, one supposedly not just about the sound but also about the community, etc. But it's not like I'm going to lose any sleep over it.
tongue.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #148 of 187
Just wondering whose fault this is, If it's the fault of the engraver then surely they should be made to replace/redo the error. I would rather wait ( We have waited long enough ) for a fresh pair with new cup's.

It would be nice if we were given that option.

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #149 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wondering whose fault this is, If it's the fault of the engraver then surely they should be made to replace/redo the error. I would rather wait ( We have waited long enough ) for a fresh pair with new cup's.

It would be nice if we were given that option.

But as I said above, I guess timetable doesnt allow this. They have already announced the date when the production of HF2 stops.

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #150 of 187
Place my order weeks ago and reconfirmed it this morning. The F1 flaw doesn't bother me, it would have been nice if it was rectified but the sound quality of the cans is what I'm more interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back