HF-2 errors making anyone shy away?
Jul 7, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #151 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by head-f1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think situation here is more complicated then we could think...
From a business point of view: Yes, it is big error but as headphones are limited edition with sound signature and materials close to their high-end line (GS1000, PS1000) profit of course not as big as with above mentioned models and lost in re-manufacturing of 480 cups with estimate price (around 30-50$) + 40$ that goes to head-fi + Todd's work... so as you can see It could be costly to fix mistake and probably decision was made to not go beyond the cost, and leave it as "AS-IS GIFT". Take it or leave it.
IMHO

I understand that but it wold be nice to be given the option of waiting, It's the take it or leave it attitude I'm not impressed with.

At least yours will match your user name
biggrin.gif
Who were you before ????

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #152 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by head-f1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think situation here is more complicated then we could think...
From a business point of view: Yes, it is big error but as headphones are limited edition with sound signature and materials close to their high-end line (GS1000, PS1000) profit of course not as big as with above mentioned models and lost in re-manufacturing of 480 cups with estimate price (around 30-50$) + 40$ that goes to head-fi + Todd's work... so as you can see It could be costly to fix mistake and probably decision was made to not go beyond the cost, and leave it as "AS-IS GIFT". Take it or leave it.
IMHO

Yeah, I'm surprised that more people aren't considering the cost of re-manufacturing. I don't think it would be fair to anyone to sell these at a loss.

I suspect that someone at Grado missed the typo on the proofs (these things happen) and approved them, so it's not like they can tell the engraver to go at it again without paying for another run. Also have to factor in the cost and time in milling the non-engraved metal cups themselves (not sure if Grado does that in-house or not).

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #153 of 187
The CanJam ones will be very rare, I just hope the sound is the same since they were not rushed as much. I look forward to HeadPhoneAddict letting us know, since he has a CanJam HF-2, and his son is getting a F1 HF-2.

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #154 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by parhelictriangle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I'm surprised that more people aren't considering the cost of re-manufacturing. I don't think it would be fair to anyone to sell these at a loss.

That depends whose fault it is.
Grado (order say Head-F1, or they approved them) or the engraving company (order say Head-Fi, but they engrave Head-F1). If the later then they should take the cost of remaking the cups, not Grado.

Anyway, someone made an fault and it is not right to push the fault down to the customers.

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #155 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, someone made an fault and it is not right to push the fault down to the customers.

I disagree, Kai. The error isn't being "pushed" upon anyone. Those who want this product were given full information, and asked to confirm their desire. It may not be as good a deal as it originally seemed to some, but no one is being forced to purchase anything defective.

If you want a flawed HF2, you may buy one. If you don't, even if you preordered, you don't have to buy one.

Sure, it's not what people expected, but they're free to cancel their orders or return their pairs.

If you go out to eat and find out once you sit down that the restaurant is out of lobster that evening, you aren't being mistreated.

That's how I see this.

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #156 of 187
Quote:

Grado (order say Head-F1, or they approved them) or the engraving company (order say Head-Fi, but they engrave Head-F1). If the later then they should take the cost of remaking the cups, not Grado.

Nobody's really pushing it down on the consumers. The error is noted, Todd is giving everyone a chance to back out with fair warning.

Another scenario: the engraver made the error (and for some reason didn't send a sample for Grado Labs to sign off on), but the cost of creating blank metal cups is too prohibitive after Grado had manufactured them. You still want to eat at Grado's margins for it?

PS: o hai, I dl'd your 7-zip app many moons ago.

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #157 of 187
Anybody else concerned that John might accidentally donate money to some other website?

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #159 of 187
Quote:

It is not right for sure, but all this about "priorities" in relation to business.
If it would be related to PS1000, errors would be corrected from cost of manufacturer. in "our" case - even if it is error made by "engraving company" it could be not easy to go in confrontational with your "possible" otherwise reliable business partners. all about who would "eat" the cost. And in this game customer is last source where business would see "lost of costs"... (of course it is only one side of the coin) IMHO

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #160 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody else concerned that John might accidentally donate money to some other website?

you have dangerous post count!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #161 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by LAdental /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a real shame indeed. A special commemoration will forever be left tainted. Grado's an amateur company and makes decisions as such. Every major corporation would've scrapped the flawed shells and requested new ones. Given the prompt reply of Todd's message, I doubt Grado even contacted the manufacturer of the shells to discuss remaking them. Had the iPhone been mispainted as the jphone, Apple'd remake them. Had BMW product looked a bit like BMVV, it'd be redone.

You know, as of this post, your total contribution to this site is 7 posts, and (with the exception of suggesting in an HD800 thread that someone could find them on Amazon) it's 100% negative. Not one post with anything positive to say.

I don't know if you joined just to buy the HF-2's (as it appears that you did) and now feel entitled to bitch, or what. I just know that you seem to have a particularly negative opinion about just about everything you post about, which seems mostly limited to your Grado HF-2's, and I don't like it. Most folks who aren't actively seeking to troll at least maintain some pretense at being a contributing member to the site.

This is a goof. We now know how the manufacturer is going to address the goof. We now have a choice - buy them or cancel our orders. We get it...you don't like this response by Grado. Well, then cancel your order...

It's one thing for long term contributing members to take a bite out of a manufacturer who has been a friend to this site. It's another thing entirely for someone who APPEARS to have joined simply to capitalize on the limited edition headphones available only to members to do so.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #162 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree, Kai. The error isn't being "pushed" upon anyone. Those who want this product were given full information, and asked to confirm their desire. It may not be as good a deal as it originally seemed to some, but no one is being forced to purchase anything defective.

Yeah, you got a point there.
Since TTVJ give us the option to return it, cancel the order, and of course not to order it at all (depending how far we have come). It is just less of a deal than we expected/anticipated...

But my point about whose fault it is stays, as I do not see how Grado should take the cost if it is the engravers fault. If it is Grados fault, then they should take the cost.
Blame and cost should be put where it belong! So they can deliver what we expected/anticipated

Quote:

Originally Posted by parhelictriangle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another scenario: the engraver made the error (and for some reason didn't send a sample for Grado Labs to sign off on), but the cost of creating blank metal cups is too prohibitive after Grado had manufactured them. You still want to eat at Grado's margins for it?

No, that do not sound right either but may be needed.
Especially if the engraver is a small basement firm as well, with no funds to recover the damage (if it is their fault). In that case Grado should take the cost, then try to get it refunded at a later time.

Anyway. Seems like TTVJ (and Grado) have said their last word, and their decision is there to stay.
Sadly!

Edit.
Credit to Todd (TTVJ) and John (Grado) for making the HF-2 a reality. They should at least have that!
smile.gif

Cause afaik no other vendor/distributor have so far teamed up to make a limited edition Head-Fi headphone.

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #163 of 187
Wait, KrMathis was actually going to get a new headphone? OH GOSH!
biggrin.gif

In the end it is not what I expected after a long wait and A VERY EAGER ONE, which held back my bills and other things, but I just don't want to regret not getting one, so I stay with my order.

I hope that maybe someone of the CanJam who mods their cans would sell me the original cups
biggrin.gif
That would make my day, as these cans are my 24th birthday present now
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #164 of 187
All these raised problems and different opinions only shows us that we are different.
For "some" it is a problem - for "others" it is not,
"some" would get them "others" have freedom to cancel order,
"some" would enjoy sound - "other" would like perfection for their "collection".
But problem is that "some" - do not understand "others".
"All You Need Is Love..." Beatles

Also really regretful that such resources could not live without financial support, and after all that right the one who "pays"...

As for the overall discussion "customer could cancel order and forget about this", who doesn't like it could open their web resource and discuss it there, headphone company - and made their version of Head-Fi headphones or just log-off and forget about all this stuff.

Jul 7, 2009 at 9:52 PM Post #165 of 187
i'm not happy about the error, but it is what it is. if they were going to make another or later run of corrected ones, i would definitely exchange mine for that. since all have the error, i will just stick with it as is, b/c i want one.

the bottom line is that either you want one or you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back