HF-2 errors making anyone shy away?
Jul 7, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #166 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, KrMathis was actually going to get a new headphone? OH GOSH!
biggrin.gif

He he
Mind you that it has only been about three (3) weeks since I got my previous headphone. Although used, not new...

I missed the HF-1 back in 2005(?), and saw this as an opportunity to take part in another limited edition run. Not that I really need it, but I certainly could make use of it at the office.

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #167 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He he
Mind you that it has only been about three (3) weeks since I got my previous headphone. Although used, not new...

I missed the HF-1 back in 2005(?), and saw this as an opportunity to take part in another limited edition run. Not that I really need it, but I certainly could make use of it at the office.

Yeah, and just in case you like it you can send me one of your K1000, as a nice gesture to another head-fier
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: I know, it is not the first time I ask you to kindly share one of your K1000, but I believe if I do mental pressure on you you will one day accept
wink.gif

Damn track update system... It means I will have to wake up every day early just to see if I don't miss the guy because I am asleep
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
And in the end to see a "HEAD-F1" can...

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #168 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm not happy about the error, but it is what it is. if they were going to make another or later run of corrected ones, i would definitely exchange mine for that. since all have the error, i will just stick with it as is, b/c i want one.

the bottom line is that either you want one or you don't.

Waxing Philosophically....and....I concur.

head-f1 = head-f(one)= head-fun

beerchug.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:27 PM Post #169 of 187
What headphone did you recently get? SR404?

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #171 of 187
Thats just a backup! Not a diff sound :p

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #172 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by parhelictriangle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I'm surprised that more people aren't considering the cost of re-manufacturing. I don't think it would be fair to anyone to sell these at a loss.

I suspect that someone at Grado missed the typo on the proofs (these things happen) and approved them, so it's not like they can tell the engraver to go at it again without paying for another run. Also have to factor in the cost and time in milling the non-engraved metal cups themselves (not sure if Grado does that in-house or not).

I'm one more person that is flabbergasted about the decision to ignore this problem. As it stands now about 480 people will receive 2nd Class headphones. This is no way to handle corrective action on a known defect.
These headphone cups are flat, they could very easily be lapped flat to remove a miniscule amount of material and re-engraved. We do this every day where I work. To just say scr** the rest of the people is not right. I believe that Grado will look back on this fiasco and regret it in the future. At least I got some time to think this over, I'm not at the top of the list to receive these headphones. Cosmetics are big deal to lot a of people. I really think Grado needs to make some changes in their Quality Control Manual.
frown.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #173 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by John D. /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really think Grado needs to make some changes in their Quality Control Maunal.
frown.gif

Their first action should be to change the spelling to "Manual"
wink.gif

Mistakes happen. This topic has been tossed around so many times now. Maybe it was a small business that did the engraving and they can't afford to re-do them. Maybe Grado had already approved the templates that went to the engraver, so they aren't eligible for a refund.

At any rate, these are not second class headphones. So far, people have only raved about them in regards to their sound quality.

People should try and act a little civil here. I've heard Grado being called an amateur company, that Todd is totally irresponsible, never buying these products again, blah blah blah.

If you go to a restaurant and have a bad experience, you don't leave without paying and make a scene. You act politely, you pay your bill, and you leave. Maybe you never go there again. But it's not right to attack a business because it made a mistake, even an expensive one. This stuff happens.

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #174 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlioz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their first action should be to change the spelling to "Manual"
wink.gif

Mistakes happen. This topic has been tossed around so many times now. Maybe it was a small business that did the engraving and they can't afford to re-do them. Maybe Grado had already approved the templates that went to the engraver, so they aren't eligible for a refund.

At any rate, these are not second class headphones. So far, people have only raved about them in regards to their sound quality.

Corrective action taken on my spelling error
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #175 of 187
It is essentially a nick on the top of the I so if you view it that way, they are perfectly fine! Jesus, I wonder how many of you would notice in person if it hadn't been pointed out to you. Yes it has a minor flaw John D. but with the ability to impress SO many of the hardcore members, who are difficult to please? This can MUST be special... Give it a try, you can always get your money back if you can't handle a small flaw.

Jul 8, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #176 of 187
Quote:

I'm one more person that is flabbergasted about the decision to ignore this problem. As it stands now about 480 people will receive 2nd Class headphones. This is no way to handle corrective action on a known defect.
These headphone cups are flat, they could very easily be lapped flat to remove a miniscule amount of material and re-engraved. We do this every day where I work. To just say scr** the rest of the people is not right. I believe that Grado will look back on this fiasco and regret it in the future. At least I got some time to think this over, I'm not at the top of the list to receive these headphones. Cosmetics are big deal to lot a of people. I really think Grado needs to make some changes in their Quality Control Maunal.
frown.gif

Nobody is getting screwed. It's a typo, and you don't have to buy it. Grado is a tiny business, and with all due respect, I think you are seriously overestimating a small manufacturer's ability to fix these types of things on a low-volume, low-profitability, limited product without losing a great deal of money. You're not entitled to push Grado into the red on this when you haven't even paid for a pair yet.

Again, it's a typo. Just tell 'em the forum is "Head-F1" when someone asks (they'd ask just as much if it said Head-Fi). Everyone from head-fi is going to know what they are, and even when the FOTM phase ends, they're still going to be considered great headphones.

This is a typo on a phrase that is entirely meaningless to the rest of the world. It's not like "headphones" are misspelled (Head-F(one) jokes to the contrary).

Jul 8, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #177 of 187
Quote:

These headphone cups are flat, they could very easily be lapped flat to remove a miniscule amount of material and re-engraved. We do this every day where I work...(

The cups are also anodized, so this also will have to be redone if they were to go about correcting it as you described.

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #178 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats just a backup! Not a diff sound :p

Just partly true!
Backup pair indeed. But that said there is a quite noticeable audible difference between them (serial # 3xxx and 11xxx).

Sorry for going even more off-topic. But felt the need to clarify.

Jul 8, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #179 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just partly true!
Backup pair indeed. But that said there is a quite noticeable audible difference between them (serial # 3xxx and 11xxx).

Sorry for going even more off-topic. But felt the need to clarify.

Well that does it -NO K1000's for me if no two pair of the same model are alike and have"quite noticeable audible difference". When I purchase a pair of fones I expect EVERY pair to be alike, and that I can trust reviews I read.
It looks like AKG has some very serious quality control issues, that far exceed anything from Grado.

Jul 8, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #180 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that does it -NO K1000's for me if no two pair of the same model are alike and have"quite noticeable audible difference". When I purchase a pair of fones I expect EVERY pair to be alike, and that I can trust reviews I read.
It looks like AKG has some very serious quality control issues, that far exceed anything from Grado.

Then I wonder why you are just in the Grado-camp of all hp-makers??
confused_face_2.gif

Edit: The K 1000 was in production for ~2 decades. Over such a long period materials, research, fabrication, demands and tastes can change. But show me 2 Grados of the same model and same release which sound identically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back