HF-2 errors making anyone shy away?
Jul 5, 2009 at 7:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 187

myk7000

1000+ Head-Fier
Have these HF-2 inconsistencies / errors made anyone shy away from the HF-2s?

I'm curious because I wanted to see how much things like this make an impact on head-fi peoples' buying behaviors.

Jul 5, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #2 of 187
Try posting in the for sale section, that is kind of what it is there for.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #3 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try posting in the for sale section, that is kind of what it is there for.

And yet the FS sub-forum isn't made for discussions.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #4 of 187
Just hoping they've fixed things by the time I get mine. No bad experience with Grado so far. I'm willing to look past the obvious 'headphone' mention instead of 'series' as a design flaw but if I get a F1 version I'll really think about getting it replaced. That is just bad QC. Not heard about other flaws, so I have good hopes the sound is good and thus there is no need to back out.

I'll just add that it'll probably stay by 'think about' as shipping cost/time would be much more hassle than looking at a misprint just before you put them on.

Jul 5, 2009 at 9:25 AM Post #5 of 187
Yes, me at last.
Not going to buy flawed HF2s, and hence wait for TTVJ/Grado to accept the flaw and fix it.

Jul 5, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 187
I'm not shying away as I fully trust Todd at ttvj.com and his return policy. He has always helped me out in the past and I couldn't say enough about his customer service. I fully trust that John Grado and Grado Labs will correct the problems by the time my number is up which may be in August or September.

Jul 5, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #7 of 187
I'm also not going to shy away. But this incident clearly decreased some interest about them. I can't help but keep imagine how they were manufactured without "care"

Jul 5, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #8 of 187
I am one that has an HF2 with the correct lettering so take what I say with a grain of salt. If I ordered the HF2 after hearing them and thinking they were worth the selling price to me, found out that I was getting one of the H1 versions and that Grado was not going to do anything to rectify the situation, I would still go ahead and buy them. Should this mistake have happened, of course not. However, if they are that good (I believe they are) then I could care less if there is a 1 instead of an I. I don't admire my headphones. I put them on my head and listen to them. This is a headphone, that will eventually be no longer produced. If this mistake bothers you that much, then don't buy them but the only one you are punishing is yourself. By the way, I have no idea what Grado will do. I just throw out the above for whatever it is worth.

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #10 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOutside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
in the long run the 1 may become more valuable than the I if they sound the same as there may be less of the 1.

You may be right about that but is that why we bought them? I'm not being critical of your statement just using it to make a point.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #11 of 187
Not in the slightest.

Not intended to be a slight against Grado's build quality, but they could engrave "You paid $430 for these?" on the cups and I'd probably not mind. No, the only thing that would upset me here is if I get mine (probably well above the #500 mark) and discover that all those CanJam peeps lied about how great they sound
wink.gif

(But I love my HF-1s and just couldn't pass up the shot at these, even if they do seem to belong to another forum!)

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #12 of 187
I have no issue about the lettering but I certainly will have one if mine turns out like this.

031.jpg

That aside, I'm sure Todd or Grado will take care of the issue but still, it's a hassle for overseas customers due to shipping costs. I'm sure there are others in the same boat as me.

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #13 of 187
Some of you people are so anal retentive about minor cosmetic issues.

The "F1" is a sloppy oversight. However, I don't give a rip about a tiny machining mark or any of that trivial stuff. If you're pulling hairs over it, get a piece of 0000 steel wool and fix it yourself.

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #14 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by K3cT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have no issue about the lettering but I certainly will have one if mine turns out like this.

That's horrible!!!
... no wait a minute... what's wrong with it? I can't see anything unusual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back