help to choose IEM for 100$ limit
Oct 7, 2010 at 3:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

4Just1Night

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to choose IEM for my itouch, but reading forum there're so many thoughts and reviews...I was looking at klipsch s4i and Monster Turbine Pro. Help me to choose from theese or maybe some other IEM's

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #2 of 15
You need to read the comprehensive reviews from joker and ClieOS. Than give us an idea what your preferences are for sound signature and musical genre.

Oct 8, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #3 of 15
Headphones/earphones are like women, every man has his own taste and preference. Even if you happened to find a pair that you think are perfect for you now, another better sounding and more expensive pair would tempt you away from your old ones in time and you will end up spending more and more (money and time) searching for something better, so my advice is not to start at all.

However, if you think you want to try out this hobby, this is the right place for it, have fun and good luck. 
darthsmile.gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #4 of 15
Have a look at the Panasonic HJE-900. They're excellent for their price with detachable cables and all. 

Oct 9, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #5 of 15
I wouldn't buy the Klispch s4i.  I never had them, but i had the Klispch s4 and they broke twice on me.  The first pair that i had, the wire on the right side on the base of the earphone came off and the sound cut out.  Then i got a second pair of the same exact model, the sound on the right side just stopped for no reason.  The weird thing was that both of them lasted less than 3 months and none of them were abused at all.  

Oct 9, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 15
^^glad that i bought the HJE900s... i was almost going to return them for the s4s since they were only 50! but i think durability and overall SQ of the 900s are on a different tier. or at least thats what i read.

Oct 10, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #8 of 15
Oct 11, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #9 of 15
Grab the JAMz, A Fully burned-in pair of correct JAMz will not let you down for the price, trust me. And one thing better than S4 is breaking down on you fast one isn't likely to happen. From the time i first used jamz and now that i switched to e-Q7 and MDs, JAMz has been a very faithful and good performer providing me good sonic companionship all these while =)

Oct 14, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #11 of 15
I'm sure you can do research on your own, but the HJE900s are on the darker side of the spectrum

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #13 of 15
The RE0s have awesome detail and clarity for the price, but you cannot speak the same for the build quality. Plus, they lack bass and the sound signature is not for everyone as well.

With that said I say they are a decent buy in the price range.

Oct 16, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #14 of 15

Quote:
I'm trying to choose IEM for my itouch, but reading forum there're so many thoughts and reviews...I was looking at klipsch s4i and Monster Turbine Pro. Help me to choose from theese or maybe some other IEM's

IF you going to get Pro Copper, i recommend you might as well add just a very lil more money and get the Miles Davis, They are not top tier No1 in all aspects of sonic capability, albeit, they are very good all-rounders, smooths, and simply gets better and better with the burn-in, not the number 1 iem but you won go wrong with it!

For Normal Turbines, they are not the best in price range BUT for bassheads seeking iems in that price range then YES they are ranked among the tops for the price range =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back