Help me pick the best headphones! :))
Oct 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #16 of 19
Do these headphones (Superlux HD-681) need an amp / sound card to sound good on my PC? I have Realtek HD Audio AC97 something. It's the integrated audio. I really don't want to buy anything more other than the headphones. Will they still sound better than my cheap 10€ headset??

Nov 3, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #18 of 19
I do not have the Superlux 681 but my friend has it. I think your PC would definitely be able to drive the headphones as what my friend does with his laptop. He listens at a fairly loud volume (compared to me). It depends on how loud you listen. For me, I listen at a fairly low volume, I'm using my Superlux HD-330 (150omh) without any amp and the volume bar not even reach half (referring only to the volume & not sound quality, the cans might sound better with an amp).

However, an amp would most probably bring improvements to the sound and definitely a louder volume.

Hope this helps to clarify your problems.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #19 of 19
Considering your price range... 

gah, I got nuthin. Stay away from the XB300, the XB500 is REALLY bad and I expect the 300 is worse.

I know nothing about the Pioneer set. All I have are vintage pioneers.

I'd say a Beyerdynamic DT1350 would be absolutely excellent for electronica, and just about everything else too. Strikingly neutral, portable, lots of detail, etc. However its $300, and you CANNOT use low-bitrate MP3s with it. It's very revealing. And, while you don't NEED an amp, you'll want one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back