**Help Me Find Amp/DAC for HE400 £150**
Oct 31, 2012 at 10:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TimBlanchard

Head-Fier
Hi

I am looking to buy a head amp and dac for about £150 (flexible) to power my newly ordered he-400s. It will be plugged into my laptop via USB.

If possible i'd also like to be able to use the amp with my hifi speaker separates system. 

Any suggestions? :)

Oct 31, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 6
[size=10pt]The Fiio E17 is a decent amp/dac combo which should be able to drive the HE400, but just barely. It's well within your budget though. But you'll want something more powerful, which unfortunately will probably cost more than £150.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I just bought an ODAC and a Matrix M-stage amp to go with my HE400. I hear good things about the pairing so im looking forward to it. Price wise they're somewhere in the region of £260 combined which i think is a good deal. The M-stage also has a preamp feature which you could use for your speakers.[/size]

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
[size=10pt]The Fiio E17 is a decent amp/dac combo which should be able to drive the HE400, but just barely. It's well within your budget though. But you'll want something more powerful, which unfortunately will probably cost more than £150.[/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]I just bought an ODAC and a Matrix M-stage amp to go with my HE400. I hear good things about the pairing so im looking forward to it. Price wise they're somewhere in the region of £260 combined which i think is a good deal. The M-stage also has a preamp feature which you could use for your speakers.[/size]

+1 e17

Nov 1, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 6
Not my favorite with the he400^^

Took away some of the body and punch that this hp is capable of. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back