Help me decide, Creative Aurvana Live vs sony v55 vs shure srh 440
Jun 14, 2012 at 12:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

icez84

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I've been using Iem for couple of years, from soundmagic to nakamichi, however recently i i felt a need to change, maybe a portable headphone would be great. So far the best fitting headphone and comfortable headphone ive tried is a Philips SHB9100 using wire. Im looking for something that is easy to drive with my iphone 4s, not too bulky(i do have a habit of carrying a small bag), comfortable, maybe along the size of the Philips SHB9100. I listen mostly to popular music, pop, rock, rnb, club and some rap too. WIth my limited experience i manage to find three headphone which i think might fit my wants, CAL, V55, srh 440 (tho i think SRH440 doesnt fold up), i also heard that the Audio technica ES55 is a good bet too tho i think it look abit small for comfort. Fellow Hi-fier, advice and recommend is much appreciated, oh btw my budget is roughly 100-200dollar. Thank you

Jun 14, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 3
" CAL, V55, srh 440"

These are bulky. If you are willing to consider such bulky headphones, then consider the Sony V6. At least it folds.

If you want something much less bulky and cheap that sounds nice, consider the JVC HA-S160 Flats. Don't let the $12 price fool you. It is imo very pleasant to listen to. Even though it is closed, it doesn't isolate much due to its very small size.

Jun 16, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #3 of 3
i thought the sony v55 fold up too? due to the facts that im recently relocated to shanghai and i have no idea where is where, i didnt manage to see much headphone around here, i only manage to see the philips SHB9100 bluetooth headaches which i felt the size is acceptable to me. Is the other headphone that i list out bigger than the philips SHB9100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back