Help me choose
Aug 11, 2012 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kylemcg

Head-Fier
G[VIDEO]ss you could say im obsessing over something a few monthes away yet, my birthday,. My dad is getting me some new headphones, and i think i have narrowed it down to a few,. The dt990 250ohm, the he400, and the hd 600, i like all types of music, but i like rap and hip hop the most, and i want powerful and punchy bass, can you give me a good recommendation. I would like the headphones to be between 300$ and 400$

And if you think there are better headphones for my use, can you comment, and tell me what, because im stuck, there are so many brands and models and specs to deal with. I would love the guidance of an experienced auidiophile to help me choose.

Aug 11, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 3
I think the DT990 would suit your needs well. The bass on them is incredibly smooth and deep. Mids are very good as well so it should work really well for you. If I wanted a pair of cans for mainly rap/hip-hop for under $400 this would definitely be it.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the HE-400, but from what I've heard the bass is a bit lacking for bass-heavy genres.

I can tell you that the HD600 probably won't work well for you. They are definitely monitoring headphones. They are very neutral which can be a good thing, but for hip-hop they just won't cut it.

No matter which pair you get they can all benefit from an amp, so make sure you have a nice one, or are willing to save up for one after getting your cans.

Aug 11, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #3 of 3
Ultrasone Pro 900 / Pro 750

VMODA M100 (Sept release)

Cheerz!

+1 DT990 

DT770 also :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back