Help me choose which headphones to buy, entry level.
Jun 2, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #19 of 22
If you're not a bass head then the Superlux 668B can do. They're $40.
Try to squeeze the Koss DJ PRO 100 if you can. :)
The 668s are super fast and accurate with a totally natural timbre. The speed and rez really lends themselves to electronica as every texture is revealed by these cans. The mids are so smooth but detailed at the same time, vocals are amazing! The bass has a good amount of quantity but these are all about the quality. Bass runs pretty deep and dips into the sub level but not gobs and no bleed into the mids. More like good studio monitor with 6" sub. Woofer not sandwich. the highs are about as perfect as you could ask. Soft dome tweeter like presentation creates an high ceiling airy stage with precise placement of each and every instrument. Nothing escapes these. These have a very very black background that combined with airy stage and accutate timbre provide a very dimensional listening experience. One more note. Because of the accuracy and I use mine to check other HPs, files for compression artifacts, and pure listening pleasure when I just want to chill. These are very versatile and excell at acoustic and vocals. Everything sounds effortless and natural through these. If you're curious about hi quality sound these are a look into audiophile quality for just a fraction of the price!

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #20 of 22
Save up a little bit man! The ATH-M50's are totally worth the extra dough, and much more exciting/musical than the AKG's. You'll have a lot more fun with those.

Jun 3, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:
Are they worth ~$180? My local store has them but yeah... $180

In the past year the Audio Technica ATH-M50s have sold new for $125.
So $180 seems a little high.
Check out the used ATH-M50s on eBay, way better prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back