Help in choosing
May 27, 2012 at 7:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Heartcubes

New Head-Fier
I'm really new to the world of music. I've browsed through the site and found it very informative. Although I'm still stumped and in need of assistance. I own a pair of Bose AE2 headphones and the chord has broke twice since I bought it a while back. I wouldn't know much but it seems too fragile for me to use. You see, I take my headphones everywhere I go. When I don't use them I usually just put it in my bag along with my other things. So I chose to get a new pair instead.

I don't know much about headphones or how to choose them. I don't know how frequency affects the music experience. So I don't think choosing on my own would be best.

Here are my criteria:

1. Circum-aural
  2. Closed. Though I'm not really sure which is better but I choose this because I don't want any leakage.
  1. My budget would be around $150 but I might reconsider if it's highly recommended.
  2. Durable

I listen to a lot of rock and classical. I listen from my iPhone and computer. I don't know if it matters but aside from music I basically use them to listen to anything from my computer.

Also, I hear that Bose isn't a good brand. If you could shed some light into this, please do.

Thank you in advance.

May 27, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #2 of 6
I would grab up a pair of d2k's quick...preferably the ones I have for sale 
biggrin.gif
. Seriously, these are tremendous for the price but...they are not good at isolating sound.

At this point I usually suggest the Beyer dt770, but there are some new models out. I don't know much about them nor have I seen the reviews. You should jump on their website and check them out!!

gL!!

May 28, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #5 of 6
shure srh 240 (midcentric), 440 (somewhat flat and boring), and 840 (somewhat balanced and lively) might fit your criteria although...  shure design is somewhat mediocre for me.. plastic parts keeps on breaking.

denon d1001 and creative aurvana live fits your genres as well, but like the d2000, they dont isolate that much because of soft clamp, soft pads, and "maybe" thin plastic material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back