Help for getting Custom In ears from Japan
Jul 31, 2012 at 4:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

stiggy771

Head-Fier
Okay her goes my first post/thread in headfi.

Although i have been exploring, reading and enjoying this brilliant site for more than a year, i just could not make myself join any discussions/comments as i consider myself as a true noob when it comes to describing the sound signatures that I hear.

Getting straight to the point, I would love to get myself a pair of CIEM's. I have saved and made a budget of around 1000$
biggrin.gif
 for this upgrade. I currently own a TF10 with some Sony Replacement ear-tips. My problem is that I have no idea where to get them from. I will be going to Japan and will be staying there for the next 4 months or so and I intend to get me a pair of CIEMS before get back.

I am in love with the JH audio series and I've looked at their online ordering system. My biggest problem is getting the ear mold impressions as JH audio suggests to get them from the authorized audiologists. There aren't any in Japan. :frowning2:

If someone could just throw some light on how and where I could get them from. Ive tried the Fujiya AVIC website but felt that the price they showed for the JH13's, JH10's to be quite exorbitant. Any instances from people who bought any CIEMs from Japan would be helpful.

Ive tried the Fitear 334's and although I would love to own them, its price in yen is a huge turn off.

Point is, I just want to buy a great pair of CIEMs and i am not at all choosy about which one to buy, be it JH's, Unique Melody, UE's, HEIR Audio cos I believe that any customs will and surely be a major upgrade for me

Please help me out.

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 16
I'm pretty sure the audiologists in Japan are about on par with those in the states. JHAudio just probably doesn't have too many contacts there,

Personally I would love to try the UM Merlin or Miracles. Since they are based in China, shipping should be cheaper and quicker than from the states. Ditto with Heir Audio.

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #4 of 16
This thread may help...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/440231/japan-made-custom-iem-suyama-private-333-impressions-w-pics

Jim

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #5 of 16
Quote:
I'm pretty sure the audiologists in Japan are about on par with those in the states. JHAudio just probably doesn't have too many contacts there,

Personally I would love to try the UM Merlin or Miracles. Since they are based in China, shipping should be cheaper and quicker than from the states. Ditto with Heir Audio.

hey there. thanks for your reply. So I guess, I will just have to wait a while longer for getting a pair of JH audios. :frowning2:
Read a lot about UM Merlins, Mage and the Merlins. Right now I am more inclined towards the Heir 6A's. Maybe I could mail them asking where I can get the impressions from in Japan.

Plus yeah as you said, the shipping charges and warranty for the seal also counts for getting the correct CIEMs.

Hope someone else who has bought/ordered CIEMS from Japan responds. I dont speak Japanese and the worst part is that I dont feel like asking my colleagues at office for their help in this because, for them spending about 90k yen for earphones is just madness.
eek.gif

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 16
Look on the cover page of Head-Fi.

The Heir Audio universals look promising, and don't require having impression made. At about $300-400, they're not stratospherically expensive either.

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
This thread may help...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/440231/japan-made-custom-iem-suyama-private-333-impressions-w-pics
Jim

thanks for the link. Guess I was so engrossed in reading about the Fitear 335s that I completely overlooked these. If only I had a chance to go demo CIEMs like the demo units provided by JH audio.

Bet I havent even looked properly into the different options avaialble for me in Japan when it comes to customs. But I wanna buy them ASAP as my saved up money is in high risk of being spent on something else like the Playstation Vita/LED tv..:p

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:
Look on the cover page of Head-Fi.

The Heir Audio universals look promising, and don't require having impression made. At about $300-400, they're not stratospherically expensive either.

they started making universals also?????
eek.gif
  Nice.

Btw which universals would you suggest as a major upgrade from my TF10s. Something which will  give me the "EPIC-WOW" effect I experienced after listening to the TF10s which replaced my default ipod earphones.

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #9 of 16
Try remolding your TF10's? I know UM does that, and offers additional drivers as well. 

The FX700 may provide a bit of a WOW effect, but you can probably get better.

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:16 AM Post #10 of 16
 thanks for the link. Guess I was so engrossed in reading about the Fitear 335s that I completely overlooked these. If only I had a chance to go demo CIEMs like the demo units provided by JH audio.

Bet I havent even looked properly into the different options avaialble for me in Japan when it comes to customs. But I wanna buy them ASAP as my saved up money is in high risk of being spent on something else like the Playstation Vita/LED tv..:p

I would also suggest a PM to member Shigzeo.

He may be able to help.

Jim

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:33 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:
 Just PM-ed him. Turned out to be a big help. Thanks a lot buddy.

He even said that I could go meet Fitear's Suyama-san to try them out alongwith him.
etysmile.gif

God I love Japan.

Pix Pix Pix, and a full report please.

Thanks, Jim

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #13 of 16
Pics definitely,not sure about the reports.  I am just starting out in this awesome and wallet-murdering craze.But I do hope I can pick up a lot of info from them during my stay in Japan.

Aug 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM Post #14 of 16
Yes, yes, I understand.

Perhaps, I should have said something like...

Kinda let us know how it's going. Just a teaser or two.

Have a Good and Safe Trip.

Jim

Aug 5, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:
 they started making universals also?????
eek.gif
  Nice.

Btw which universals would you suggest as a major upgrade from my TF10s. Something which will  give me the "EPIC-WOW" effect I experienced after listening to the TF10s which replaced my default ipod earphones.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back