Help choosing new cans
Jul 24, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #17 of 18
Quote:
Hahaha Ohh cool, but I can't help you other than that have to have site then. I lived there five years ago and im in the Western Cape now. I bought one pair of sennheiser the 428s off that site. And got the 2o5s for half the price. They do have some audio-technical so let us know when you order, ten days or so after when you get it and how they sound. I have wanted to buy a pair of at cans but I really love the German cans ;D
I also read another link earlier of people not recommending anything audio related coming from the mouse company. If only I could link with this phone. I hope your purchase goes well, just Google the model and reviews of what you like. Nice to help out.
Cheers

I appreciate all the help ... I will definitely let the thread readers know how it goes ... lets just hope I make a good choice

Quote:
The Samson SR850 is a great choice. Wonderful performance for the price, pretty comfortable, and cheap (at least in the US).

How is the bass on the SR850's ... I haven't really found a good hands on review ...

Jul 24, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:
How is the bass on the SR850's ... I haven't really found a good hands on review ...

Here is the frequency response graph for the Superlux 668 (same as Samson SR850) from headroom. It has a mid bass hump, but it doesn't bleed into the mids. Also, note that the extension isn't real deep. The graph shows you that around 40hz it starts falling off. I don't own these anymore, but I didn't remember the bass being quite as emphasized as the graph makes it out to be. It is definitely there and it is powerful, but not overpowering. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back