Help a rookie - Triple-fi 10 vs Fischer Audio DBA 02 vs Head-Direct RE0 vs something?
Feb 7, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #16 of 26

Quote:
The three items I have been recommended now is:
  1. Triple-fi 10
  2. Fischer Audio DBA 02 
  3. Head-Direct RE0

I had them all and ended up with the Etymotic ER-4p.

Why? Due to fit problems! To me they all sounded more or less the same when I had a proper fit. Unfortunately this was not always the case.
Triple-Fi 10 did not fit at all, you will loose all bass!
Fisher Audio DBA-02 did fit but I could not stand the sibilance.
The RE0 only did fit over the ears, I could insert them just enough to fit properly but after a while they started to hurt.

Ended up buying a secondhand pair of the ER-4P and my quest is over. Proper fit over long periods. Equal or better sound than all the above. (even bass!) Don't know why people complain about bass on the ER-4P, with a good fit and just a little EQ-ing there is more than enough bass.

Just my 2 cents learned by experience.

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #17 of 26
Interesting...!

Well, it seems that I can´t find TF10 in a normal price shipping to Sweden anyway. But Etymotic ER-4p is far more expensive what I can see. Where did you buy them?

The problem now is that everyone has different opinions about this things so it might be quite individually which the best one is. I just need to find a good price...!

Quote:
Quote:
The three items I have been recommended now is:
  1. Triple-fi 10
  2. Fischer Audio DBA 02 
  3. Head-Direct RE0

I had them all and ended up with the Etymotic ER-4p.

Why? Due to fit problems! To me they all sounded more or less the same when I had a proper fit. Unfortunately this was not always the case.
Triple-Fi 10 did not fit at all, you will loose all bass!
Fisher Audio DBA-02 did fit but I could not stand the sibilance.
The RE0 only did fit over the ears, I could insert them just enough to fit properly but after a while they started to hurt.

Ended up buying a secondhand pair of the ER-4P and my quest is over. Proper fit over long periods. Equal or better sound than all the above. (even bass!) Don't know why people complain about bass on the ER-4P, with a good fit and just a little EQ-ing there is more than enough bass.

Just my 2 cents learned by experience.

Feb 7, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #19 of 26
Rimo, I would strongly suggest you stay away from Etys and get even a second hand TF10s for electronic music. The lack of bass impact in Etys will make electronic music sound really flat and boring and I would think you would be quite disappointed with them. TF10 and its V shaped freq response is literally made for electro. If you get a used TF10s and they break, it will be due to wires as it is highly improbably drivers are going to go and the wires can be easily replaced or upgraded with literally 30 different aftermarket choices. I had TF10s and Etys and while etys are excellent, lack of bass impact really made that sort of music sound flat.

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #20 of 26

Quote:
Rimo, I would strongly suggest you stay away from Etys and get even a second hand TF10s for electronic music. The lack of bass impact in Etys will make electronic music sound really flat and boring and I would think you would be quite disappointed with them. TF10 and its V shaped freq response is literally made for electro. If you get a used TF10s and they break, it will be due to wires as it is highly improbably drivers are going to go and the wires can be easily replaced or upgraded with literally 30 different aftermarket choices. I had TF10s and Etys and while etys are excellent, lack of bass impact really made that sort of music sound flat.

The Etymotic ER-4P does not lack bass at all! It has one of the best bass in universal IEM's I have listened to so far.

I'm not the only one who is of this opinion, read this: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484569/review-fischer-audio-s-dba-02/3720#post_7258498

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:
Quote:

The Etymotic ER-4P does not lack bass at all! It has one of the best bass in universal IEM's I have listened to so far.

I'm not the only one who is of this opinion, read this: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/484569/review-fischer-audio-s-dba-02/3720#post_7258498

And I am glad I am not the only one.
wink.gif
For electronic, the ER4 provides the tightest, deepest bass I've ever heard in an IEM. Much better than Triple.fi. Much deeper than RE0. If you crave more punch without sacrificing too much quality, I recommend DBA-02. It also beats almost everything else I heard in the bass department. Everything, except the ER4 - if you are looking for ultimate bass quality, the ER4 is where you will find it.

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #22 of 26
ive listened to the TF10 and DBA02 before and imo DBA02
I no longer need the TF10 so if anyone's interested PM me (very very lightly used)

The highs are better on the TF10 imo but the included tips with the DBA02 aren't that good, switch them out for complys. The DBA02 are a LOT lighter and smaller then the TF10 but the cord is not as strong

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:
I no longer need the TF10 so if anyone's interested PM me (very very lightly used)

The highs are better on the TF10 imo but the included tips with the DBA02 aren't that good, switch them out for complys. The DBA02 are a LOT lighter and smaller then the TF10 but the cord is not as strong

Yeah, the highs is the only thing Triple.fi does well. DBA-02 still has excellent highs, but it also excels in bass and mids, unlike Triple.fi.

Feb 7, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, the highs is the only thing Triple.fi does well. DBA-02 still has excellent highs, but it also excels in bass and mids, unlike Triple.fi.

with the right source/amp the triple whips the DBA

Mar 20, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #25 of 26
Might be abit late now, but i am in stockholm on exchange and i have an extra unopened box of trip fi 10s in the original retail packaging. if any swede wants it just pm me. tack :D

Mar 20, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #26 of 26
TF10- great at both ends, great treble sparkle, great bass, wide soundstage, excellent clarity and detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back