HELLO everyone,I love headphone and will discuss HP with you
Aug 17, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #31 of 69
Nice collection. Of all the headphones that you've experienced, which one really stands out (money no object)? You state that the Grado SR-80 is the best pair of cans under $100, which Grado is your favourite? My all time favourite set of cans in my modest collection is the Grado 325i. I'm a detail freak and want it all. For closed phones, I use the AKG 271s. Again, it provides a level of clarity and detail that I relish (I listen to music for enjoyment, but also as part of my job--I teach courses that touch upon the geography of music, the sociolgy of music, and popular culture (of which music is always a major component). For knocking about, I have a pair of used AKG 301's which should be waiting for me on a shelf at work when I return from summer break (I'm a sociology prof and composer). What is your opinion of AKG headphones? If you were choosing a pair of phones for portable application what choice would you make? I'd be tempted to borrow my wife's Yuin PK-2's, but she'd probably tell me to go out and buy my own pair :wink:.

Any Chinese cans that might be tempting?

Cheers,

Allan

Aug 17, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #32 of 69
Welcome to Head-Fi! You might be new, but you look like you are already an experienced member!
smily_headphones1.gif
Glad you're here - we can always use more serious headphone listeners.

What amps are you using with your collection? How about your sources? And do you like vacuum tubes?

Does anyone know how to say, "sorry about your wallet" in Mandarin?

Aug 18, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #35 of 69
I know it's been said multiple times in this thread already, but... DANG!!!
eek.gif

Very nice collection my friend. I'm jealous.
icon10.gif

Welcome, and I'm sure you will love it here very much.
beerchug.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #38 of 69
ATHFAN,

Welcome to Head-Fi. I'm surprised that you are just now joining in. I did look at your blog but since I can't read your language I just looked at the pretty pictures. Very nice collection of course.

beyersmile.png

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #39 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Athfan, you a mini-meet waiting to happen
k701smile.gif
. Like to hear some opinions of your headphones. Can't wait to see when you go headphone amp shopping or if you get the recable bug?

I will give my opinion as soon as quickly

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #41 of 69
Wow, wonderful collection. Nice to see a new member on head-fi that knows their stuff for a change.

What's that you have driving the 007? Is that a 007t2? I'd post the mandatory "007 needs more power" reply and suggest building a Blue Hawaii
icon10.gif

007 Mk1 is definitely my favorite headphone, too. I have no idea what Stax were thinking with the Mk2. It seems that to eliminate the adjustment noise (which most head-fi'ers call "bass fart") they ended up screwing up the midrange and deep bass. The Mk2 is still a very nice headphone, probably the best currently in production even, but I don't like seeing a company take a step back in the quality of its products.

Oh, and where's the K1000?

P.S. I'd suggest putting each individual reply in the same post, so you don't have to spam 1000s of consecutive posts in one thread.

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #42 of 69
Great addition to the forums. I hope you grace us with your opinions ^__^.

Aug 18, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #43 of 69
Man o man...nice stuff you have there ATHFAN.......nice to see a true audio nut joining the other nuts in here
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd like to try out a set of woodies in the future, presently have a re-cabled (silver plated OFC cable made by fellow forum member) set of HD650's and an ancient set of AKG 240M's (not that great I'm afraid).

Again.. welcome, and enjoy the ambiance
smily_headphones1.gif
beerchug.gif
normal_smile .gif

Peete.

Aug 18, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #45 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ATHFAN,

Welcome to Head-Fi. I'm surprised that you are just now joining in. I did look at your blog but since I can't read your language I just looked at the pretty pictures. Very nice collection of course.

beyersmile.png

THANK YOU ,i will write the opinion in ENGLISH,so everyone can understand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back